Tiana's Showboat Jubilee extended?

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
So if it is in fact being performed through the 3rd, that means there will be perormances on Sunday the third correct? It seems weird, especially since Disney weeks often begin on Sundays, they usually end entertainment on Saturdays. Also, since two performances of the Christmas parade now run through Saturday, will Sunday see the return of the old schedule with the last show at 5:45?

maui2k7

I think Disney must be somewhat disappointed with "The Princess and the Frog" in regards to movie ticket sales. So far, it has only pulled in $73 million and cost $105 Million to produce. That said, I do not think the movie has been released overseas, but the revenue it is bringing in is far behind Pixar releases.

Heck, by Day 36 Lilo and Stitch was over $130 million in 2002 dollars and Meet the Robinsons had pulled in about $87 million after 36 days in 2007. I hope for the sake of Disney Animation they still give traditional animation another shot after the Princess and the Frog since that is not proving to be a box office smash hit.

elisatonks

I hope it does end. I want my favorite deck on the Liberty Belle back! Heh.
On another note, anyone know what's happening on World Drive tonight? Our bus driver is taking a detour to MK.

I'm assuming the detour is because it is new years eve, as disney makes at lot of roads one way to try and ease traffic off site just after midnight, not sure if the detours actually help the traffic though as it took me 3 hours to get home on new years day morning when on college program back in 07/08, it usually took 3/4 hour and that was only because the bus stopped at all the other stops on the route before i got off. it usually took 15 when driving direct.

Captain Hank

Wasn't there a Meet & Greet/Character breakfast that they were testing at POR awhile back with Tiana?
That was a one time only, Cast-only offering. I wouldn't look too much into it (and no food was served, by the way).''

ISTCrew20 said:
So if it is in fact being performed through the 3rd, that means there will be perormances on Sunday the third correct? It seems weird, especially since Disney weeks often begin on Sundays, they usually end entertainment on Saturdays. Also, since two performances of the Christmas parade now run through Saturday, will Sunday see the return of the old schedule with the last show at 5:45?
The MK Tell-a-Cast is listing the schedule on January 3 as 12:15, 2:00 and 3:45, with no further showtimes for the rest of the week.

PalisadesPkteer

Hey remember Home on the Range? I think that one was drawn also and because it was just a plain bad movie IMHO there seems to be a bad trend that Disney puts little effort into most drawn movies now IMHO. The Princess & the Frog I haven't seen yet but think it sounds like a pretty good movie. But thats just it, only pretty good. Disney doesn't go all out on the drawn movies anymore IMHO.

They seem to only go all out on the Pixar stuff. Such a shame Drawn animation is still a wonderful experiecne if the story goes with it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hey remember Home on the Range? I think that one was drawn also and because it was just a plain bad movie IMHO there seems to be a bad trend that Disney puts little effort into most drawn movies now IMHO. The Princess & the Frog I haven't seen yet but think it sounds like a pretty good movie. But thats just it, only pretty good. Disney doesn't go all out on the drawn movies anymore IMHO.

Home on the Range was the last hand drawn film in 2003..IMO the animation style really reminded me of Pecos Bill, Ichabod Crane, and some of the crazier kind of animation that was done during the later Goofy shorts. But I enjoyed it.

SoccerMickey

Home on the Range was the last hand drawn film in 2003..IMO the animation style really reminded me of Pecos Bill, Ichabod Crane, and some of the crazier kind of animation that was done during the later Goofy shorts. But I enjoyed it.

The only difference between home on the range and the others was pecos bill, ichabod, and the later goofy shorts were enjoyable. If Disney writes the princess and the frog off as unsuccessful I am glad that traditional 2-D animation has a solid film as it's swan song to go out on as opposed to that mess. And to bring my post to the park level the year home on the range came out the characters were in the barn float in the Halloween parade, I didn't see anyone posting to extend that concept as they are the princess' showboat.

the-reason14

Well I think with all this cg crap nowadays, traditional animation cant help but suffer because of it. TPATF looks like a good movie, on par with the Little Mermaid, Cinderalla, Snow White, etc. I think by them waiting so long to do another princess fairytale and by releasing crappy movie after crappy movie and the "cheapquals" has caused TPATF to suffer. I havent seen it yet, but Im sure its better than chicken little, meet the robinsons, and Lilo and Stitch. Regardless of which one sold how much on which weekend, Im hoping the movie over time can outshine them all. But the bottom line is, it should be a good movie.

minnie2000

We were at WDW the week before Christmas, and we were approached at the MK and asked to take part in the show. Our two daughters were thrilled, although DH and I felt a bit embarrassed! We had to wave coloured handkerchiefs from the bottom level of the paddle steamer, then wave large musical notes, then dress in purple and yellow gospel choir outfits and shake tambourines. The girls then got to meet Princess Tiana and Naveen, and we were given Princess and the Frog beads at the end of it all.

We had our photos taken by the photopass people, but as we decided that the CD was too expensive, I can't post them unfortunately. We just have a few of the girls meeting the princess.

DSC_0498.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

Brer Funk

The Princess & the Frog I haven't seen yet but think it sounds like a pretty good movie. But thats just it, only pretty good. Disney doesn't go all out on the drawn movies anymore IMHO.

You should probably hold your judgment until you see it. I thought it was the best (non-Pixar) Disney movie in 15 years.

NMBC1993

You should probably hold your judgment until you see it. I thought it was the best (non-Pixar) Disney movie in 15 years.

I agree 100%! I think the movie is right up there with the Animated Disney favorites. I've heard from a lot of people that the music was the worst part of the movie but I thought it was excellent, I loved the jazz elements. After seeing the movie I though Dr. Facilier was an amazing villain (Keith David really makes the character whole) and is right up there with the rest. All in all fantastic movie and it really makes me upset that kids and families would rather go see the "squeakqual" than something special like this movie.

DisneyNut2007

The only difference between home on the range and the others was pecos bill, ichabod, and the later goofy shorts were enjoyable. If Disney writes the princess and the frog off as unsuccessful I am glad that traditional 2-D animation has a solid film as it's swan song to go out on as opposed to that mess. And to bring my post to the park level the year home on the range came out the characters were in the barn float in the Halloween parade, I didn't see anyone posting to extend that concept as they are the princess' showboat.

2D animated films are not going to be discontinued again, especially with John Lassetter in charge of the animation studio.

Besides, TPatF has been successful and is making lots of money, in addition to being a great, timeless and enduring film.

PalisadesPkteer

Home on the Range was drawn well but the story was meh..

I will have to go and see PatF and see if the story is as good as the animation. The songs they played at Tiana's jubalee at WDW when I was there were very good IMHO.

If this movie does well enough maybe Disney will do more drawn animation movies and that would be a good thing.

By the way, on an other thread someone said the young lady playing Tiana wasn't all that good looking.
Don't agree on that one. I thought she was very, very beautiful. You can tell her I said so....

Just look at her pic above. She is Beautiful so there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom