News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I love these details in the windows for Critter Co-Op so much:

20240412_210108.jpg

It looks like Lari "borrowed" this stick for the Y being that he's holding it — fits his character description perfectly.

20240412_210152.jpg

Another fun Lari detail — this pair of shoes that's size 243 is probably the pair he stole from Claude or Bernadette, going off this sentence mentioning paws:

I hear he has a habit of “borrowing” things that aren’t his (although those things eventually make it into the right “paws”).

I am a big fan of Lari already.

Ice Gator

The clash between Down in New Orleans and the Frontierland music is pretty extreme. They couldn't do a bluegrass version of DINO, at the very least for the exterior loop?
I agree it's a bit off-putting at first, but when I removed the vocals while listening- the bluegrass cover of DINO sounds great on its own. I hope they don't have the lyrics of the song off-ride, because just the music is enough and wouldn't contrast with the Frontierland loop music. I think that's what's throwing it off a bit.

Ice Gator

I love this so much too. Better than the official poster of the attraction- this a great hand-drawn poster with a lot of detail featuring original characters that fit the vibe of PATF/Splash. I was so on the wall during the construction of this project, fearing they'd cheap out on the details and immersion Splash had in favor of screens, but now since they've started unveiling some of the animatronics, artwork, music, and greater theming to the area- I'm more on-board than ever and cannot wait to see what the final product looks like with all of the effects running-especially at night. I still feel that not keeping the stump and retheming it to Mama Odi's tree as seen in the original concept was a cheap mistake to cut costs, but if they keep the mapping projections for the firefly effect on it at night- I really think this could turn out to be a beautiful retheme of an attraction.

Brer Oswald

I agree it's a bit off-putting at first, but when I removed the vocals while listening- the bluegrass cover of DINO sounds great on its own. I hope they don't have the lyrics of the song off-ride, because just the music is enough and wouldn't contrast with the Frontierland loop music. I think that's what's throwing it off a bit.
I don’t think it’s bluegrass. Sounds like it’s fully jazz to me. The original had a banjo in it, but it sounds like they did not include it with this “slightly altered” recording.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I don’t think it’s bluegrass. Sounds like it’s fully jazz to me. The original had a banjo in it, but it sounds like they did not include it with this “slightly altered” recording.
Are we sure that isn't the original? Sounds the same to me. For a change in flavor, I wonder how it would sound taking the original ditty but subbing in a honky-tonk piano, trombone, banjo, accordion, harmonica and synth kazoo. (critter sounds) Would it be overkill or would it better blend the themes of New Orleans and Old West? Anyone here a midi composer?

Brer Oswald

Are we sure that isn't the original? Sounds the same to me. For a change in flavor, I wonder how it would sound taking the original ditty but subbing in a honky-tonk piano, trombone, banjo, accordion, harmonica and synth kazoo. (critter sounds) Would it be overkill or would it better blend the themes of New Orleans and Old West? Anyone here a midi composer?
Quite often Disney “re-records” existing film soundtracks for the parks to get around paying music rights holders (like UMG) a cent. Can be something as simple as subbing out an instrument, or adding a new drum beat. That’s why it sounds so similar.

And for your second point, I’d love to see someone take a stab at it! There’s no bluegrass covers of the original. Kinda wish Disney went the extra mile like they did with Splash.

MerlinTheGoat

I wonder if they permanently removed the banner, or if they're just fabricating a new one from a more rigid material (like wood, plastic or something similar).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom