News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

They need to turn the volume of the music WAY the heck down... And only use the instrumental version without lyrics until you reach the top of the mill lift. That's going to get VERY obnoxious very quickly.

Considering there are no lights on the mountain itself, I’d say they have quite a few tweaks to go. I do agree - the lights on the trees appear too bright. We will have to keep our eyes peeled and fingers crossed then turn them down a bit.
I hope so. Disney are generally really great at atmospheric night lighting, and I do suspect in this case there are work lights on there. We'll see though.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I have a ton of photos to share soon, but today was a great day for photos and videos — so many new things.
20240411_194400.jpg

MagicHappens1971

Have we heard about if this is just going to reopen as a merch location? I know they have the exit gift shop as well so was wondering if they thought to maybe turn this into a beignet factory for the “co-op”

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240411_173848.jpg
20240411_175032.jpg
20240411_205801.jpg
20240411_210105.jpg
20240411_210549.jpg
20240411_211416.jpg
20240411_212412.jpg
20240411_212525.jpg
20240411_212747.jpg
20240411_212330.jpg

Alright, that's everything worth sharing for now, but the nighttime lighting really did look beautiful in-person. They are multi-colored lights that flicker and light up each Cypress tree perfectly.

There was project team members on test rides for about 30 minutes going on for the first time at night with the lighting and music together, as well as the flash for the photo being back for the first time since Splash closed.

Great day!

MerlinTheGoat

Alright, that's everything worth sharing for now, but the nighttime lighting really did look beautiful in-person. They are multi-colored lights that flicker and light up each Cypress tree perfectly.

There was project team members on test rides for about 30 minutes going on for the first time at night with the lighting and music together, as well as the flash for the photo being back for the first time since Splash closed.

Great day!
Does the lighting look less bright in person than what the camera shows?

I still get the sense that they'll sort of have to lower it a bit. Especially if they still intend to do internal lighting for the water lilies. But i'm not sure.

I don't see any work lights in that up close photo (except for the interior of the mill), so i'm kind of concerned at how this might turn out. It still needs a lot of adjustment to look right IMO. Both brightness and color.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Does the lighting look less bright in person than what the camera shows?

I still get the sense that they'll sort of have to lower it a bit. Especially if they still intend to do internal lighting for the water lilies. But i'm not sure.

I don't see any work lights in that up close photo (except for the interior of the mill), so i'm kind of concerned at how this might turn out. It still needs a lot of adjustment to look right IMO. Both brightness and color.
The lights aren't dim by any means, but seeing them in-person, I didn't think they looked too bright. It's hard to judge it based off only photos and videos especially when my phone adjusted some of them being in a low-light environment. I think everything we are seeing is final, with the exception of not all the lighting being turned on yet. They are little by little turning these test rides into full show mode rides.

Disney Analyst

View attachment 778783View attachment 778785View attachment 778787View attachment 778789View attachment 778790View attachment 778792View attachment 778793View attachment 778794View attachment 778795View attachment 778797

Great day!

Can see they are playing with how the final plants will look in the water. Using pool noodles?

PK2

Genuinely, deeply hate the idea of a song with vocals/lyrics on the first turn. That's gonna leak elsewhere pretty bad and be pretty insufferable if you're nearby. I can see them adjusting that to the instrumental mix if they haven't finalized it before even testing it IRL.

Lighting could just be testing or it could just be modern Disney where they’ve had a few lighting changes that just whiff on the atmosphere lately.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

I REALLY hope it's just a case of there being a lot of temporary work lights turned on there, or they're still making brightness adjustments. Because IMO, that is WAY too bright and obnoxious. It was infinitely more attractive, subtle and moody in the artistic render they released (that conceptual night lighting was one of the few things I was looking forward to regarding the exterior)-

View attachment 778739
Tiana invented the LED, which while not known for its warm colors it is environmentally responsible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom