Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Centauri Space Station

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you visited Disneyland? The trees between GE and the ROA have grown quite a bit in the past 5 years and will continue to grow. As of now, the building in GE are barely visible and eventually won't be anymore.

Regarding BTMR, yes, you can see GE for a few seconds, but most people don't even notice it because they are looking at the goat.

Where can you see the Matterhorn from the Falcon queue? I took this photo when it first opened and the cantina blocks the view. Do you maybe mean you can see BTMR from the queue? It fits just fine.

View attachment 820629

Regardless, I would trade those minor things any day of the week than to literally be standing in GE and seeing Buzz Lightyear staring at me:

View attachment 820631

All of the DL entrances flow wonderfully from Frontierland or Critter Country with long transitions. If sudden transitions from Toy Story or Grand Avenue are what makes something "fit" better, then we are on completely different wavelengths when it comes to theming and transitions. It's one thing to get "blink and you miss it" or "you gotta be looking for it" views, it's another to see complete other lands from within an existing one.
Saw them about a month ago!
IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5647.jpeg

I thought the point of DLs was to block it completely from the frontier view? DHS you can’t see anything beyond the entrance transitions, the tunnel to grand ave and the path with trees to TSL.

JSouth25

If it’s kid friendly enough for the movie it should be kid friendly enough for the ride. Kids love weird scary stuff to an extent. The first thing my son asked when he found out they were making a PatF ride was “is Dr Facilier going to be at the top.” And he’s a chicken when it comes to real life (non Disney) scary stuff.
I totally agree. Tower of Terror opened when I was 7 at DCA, and I went on it more than any other ride when my family went to Disneyland in ‘04. There wasn’t anything at Disneyland that I felt was too scary when I was a kid, and even then I liked the rides with more peril (Indy, ToT, end of Splash). It’s why I’m confused that they’re so reluctant to put any peril or “scary stuff” in the new rides, kids are a lot more resilient than they give them credit for.

Not to mention, conflict and resolving conflict is essential to a good story, otherwise it’s just boring.

PiratesMansion

Saw them about a month ago!View attachment 820681View attachment 820682
I thought the point of DLs was to block it completely from the frontier view? DHS you can’t see anything beyond the entrance transitions, the tunnel to grand ave and the path with trees to TSL.
I thought it was common knowledge that the spires of GE were designed at least in part to blend in somewhat when viewed from Big Thunder? I don't think it's hugely awful when viewed from that attraction.

And at any rate, attractions and lands bleed together at Disneyland much more than they generally do at WDW. So if anything, it would probably be more consistent with both parks if it blended a bit less in California and a bit more in Florida.

TP2000

Its the modern clothes and wheelchair which pop out to me. The art style is reminiscent of the 80's/90's murals, but the inclusion of modern features in the art work cements it as incongruous with the 1920's design of the attraction.

Exactly.

This ride appears to have been designed not by "storytellers", but by an HR Committee. Thus, it reads as modern and soulless.

TP2000

For some reason (to me) that CM on the left looks like he might be trying out for a Monty Python sketch.

That's the new Splash Mountain Tiana's Bayou Adventure uniform for guy CM's??? 🧐

This is nothing. It looks like nothing. It is nothing. It's just green shorts borrowed from Fantasyland paired with a white shirt and an optional flat cap. Plus 21st century sneakers and self-supplied black ankle socks from WalMart.

This doesn't say 1920's. It doesn't say New Orleans. It doesn't say Jazz Age. This doesn't say Employee Owned Cooperative.

This uniform says nothing and tells no story.

But I guess we can just be glad he put his iPhone Pro in his left shorts pocket and he's not covered in strip mall tats?

I'm immersed. :rolleyes:

Not Impressed.jpg

Last edited:

DavidDL

Only bright side I see to the newly added crappy drawings on the outside is that they look easily removable from the side of the barn (makes sense if they went up so quickly). Showed these to my wife and she hates them too, then she asked why they couldn't have come up with some kind of subtle looking frog, lily pad, food or critter accents to adorn the outside of the building instead. Something like that would have looked much nicer than the kindergarten fridge drawings they arrived at.

Screenshot 2024-10-15 113049.png

Also, I agree with what others have said about the Louis sign for the Critter Club. That one actually looks nice.

Disney Vault

Is anything going into the old splash mt photo purchasing kiosk near the exit?

I feel like they should have moved the screens to view photos out here since inside gets so crowded

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
After finally watching FB's video of the walls coming down, I wanted to revisit the whole Single Rider conversation and where the entrance will be.

First image of note is this:

1729027842005.png

It looks like three separate lines with standby on the left, LL in the middle, and something on the right. Is it an indication of Single Rider or will they put another scanner to the right behind the light pole?

This next image, however, where you exit the barn's first floor and go up the stairs clearly indicate only two lines at this point....which would logically be standby and LL.

1729028066218.png

This last image shows the exit where a new "You may get wet" sign with a height measuring stick was placed. However, there is no Single Rider sign up (yet) and IIRC the exit also served as the ADA entrance. BUT......as I had also previously stated, there probably won't be Single Rider available until after the Virtual Queue has run its course and everything is running normal again....whenever that will be. So they may wait to put the single rider sign up until then. I guess when they turn on the front entrance signs we will see what they say, but since they are digital they can also change over time.

1729028854234.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
After finally watching FB's video of the walls coming down, I wanted to revisit the whole Single Rider conversation and where the entrance will be.

First image of note is this:

View attachment 820778

It looks like three separate lines with standby on the left, LL in the middle, and something on the right. Is it an indication of Single Rider or will they put another scanner to the right behind the light pole?

This next image, however, where you exit the barn's first floor and go up the stairs clearly indicate only two lines at this point....which would logically be standby and LL.

View attachment 820782

This last image shows the exit where a new "You may get wet" sign with a height measuring stick was placed. However, there is no Single Rider sign up (yet) and IIRC the exit also served as the ADA entrance. BUT......as I had also previously stated, there probably won't be Single Rider available until after the Virtual Queue has run its course and everything is running normal again....whenever that will be. So they may wait to put the single rider sign up until then. I guess when they turn on the front entrance signs we will see what they say, but since they are digital they can also change over time.

View attachment 820785
I'm still of the opinion that they intend to have Single Rider entering from the front entrance just like LL. ADA seems like the only one who will still enter from the exit.

But as you said we'll see once they open and reveal the signs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom