Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

MagicWDI

I'm sure both will look great. Both already do, imo. MK has the benefit of more room so more to work with, but that doesn't take anything away from the DL exterior.

Just like with Big Thunder, I personally prefer the larger exterior of the MK version. That being said, the MK version has always stuck out to me, both as Splash and now as Tiana's, and very much out of place in it's location. It's too bad Big Thunder and Splash/Tiana's couldn't have magically swapped places. On the other hand, the DL attraction fits perfectly now, even more compared to when it was Splash.

As Splash, both versions were always similar enough to me where I never felt the urge to compare them. If I really thought about it, I prefer MK's version for it's logs and larger footprint. But honestly that's all that really sticks out of the top of my head.

I'm excited to ride Tiana's. I'm probably going to ride DL's version first. I'm sure both version will be fun.

I also try to just allow myself to have fun and not overly critique everything I see like I used to. I have way more fun now just enjoying what is around me.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I kinda wonder if the scaffolding is creating that illusion by breaking up what we see.

I was referring more to this specific spot, where it looks (to me, anyway) like the mountain is midway through a haircut.

Screen Shot 2024-05-06 at 9.11.20 PM.png

I hope they keep the DL version more moderate than WDW...

View attachment 782997

I actually kind of like MK's foliage overload. I accept this may be an unpopular opinion.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I was comparing pics of Tiana's to Splash, and the same sort of overhang was present on Splash, but our attention was drawn to the tree stump so it didn't stand out as much. That's why this needed something like a tree or boat on top of the mountain. The mountain was designed to work with it, and without anything like that it just looks lumpy and strange.
View attachment 783142

This is exactly the issue. You'd think they could at least try to make it more symmetrical.

mickEblu

I know this is silly and wouldn’t really make any sense but every time an insider or Disney park blog ONLY highlights the big drop and not the other two it makes me wonder…

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Why because they re still highlighting authentic weathervanes in the 11th hour?

Yep. And all the other bizarre decisions we’ve been chronicling the last couple years.

The bones of Splash are impossible to ruin. It’ll still be a fun flume ride, no matter what. As we approach the opening, however, I’ll admit to being a little apprehensive about what WDI has in store for us.

mickEblu

Yep. And all the other bizarre decisions we’ve been chronicling the last couple years.

The bones of Splash are impossible to ruin. It’ll still be a fun flume ride, no matter what. As we approach the opening, however, I’ll admit to being a little apprehensive about what WDI has in store for us.

Agree with it being impossible to ruin. The bones of Splash are its basement. It’s already better than 3/4 of attractions on that alone. In the end I’m just an eternal optimist (or perhaps delusional) which is why I keep getting disappointed every time I read another blog or see what they’re doing. But is it really our fault that we’re disappointed when Disney wrote the very rule book that they seem to be throwing out the window?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom