Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

The Florida version flows better, and its unique scene, Owl’s house, is brilliant. The vehicle bouncing is actually fun, and the ride doesn’t lamely end with “Wake up, Pooh, it’s your birthday!”

If the DL version had Mr. Toad’s ending, I’d enjoy the ride 100% more. Come to think of it, though, that twist would be more historically relevant for the Florida version. Toad could be the engineer.

Owl's house is the first thing I think of whenever MK's Pooh is mentioned. Such a fun, simple but impressive, kinetic scene.

MK's Pooh is just very charming overall. It’s one of only a few attractions (like MK’s Splash and Tokyo’s Pooh) to attempt daytime dark ride scenes. I even enjoy the conceit that you've entered the pages of a book.

DL’s Pooh has the better queue, but otherwise Anaheim received an inferior attraction.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I’m baffled that no one is talking about this. It looks weird/bad.
I kinda wonder if the scaffolding is creating that illusion by breaking up what we see.

I hope they keep the DL version more moderate than WDW with the foliage looking like this:

1714757535005.png

As opposed to WDW looking like this:

1714757577489.png

Which in turn looks like the reverse angle of this:

1714757612024.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I kinda wonder if the scaffolding is creating that illusion by breaking up what we see.

I hope they keep the DL version more moderate than WDW with the foliage looking like this:

View attachment 782994

As opposed to WDW looking like this:

View attachment 782997

Which in turn looks like the reverse angle of this:

View attachment 782998

Friends and adventurers, I now present to you the 7th Natural Wonder of the Polynesian world.... THE BACKSIDE OF TE FITI!!!!

1714758219815.png

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I’m baffled that no one is talking about this. It looks weird/bad.
I was comparing pics of Tiana's to Splash, and the same sort of overhang was present on Splash, but our attention was drawn to the tree stump so it didn't stand out as much. That's why this needed something like a tree or boat on top of the mountain. The mountain was designed to work with it, and without anything like that it just looks lumpy and strange.
Screenshot 2024-05-04 153035.png

mickEblu

I like how they’re showing a bit more restraint with the Disneyland version by leaving the rocks and a bit of the cliff side to the right of the opening exposed. At MK they just covered everything with green. I wonder if it’s because our “rocks” were more aesthetically pleasing as they looked like smooth gray stones as opposed to MK’s pictured below. Or perhaps it’s just that the DL team has the benefit of learning from the construction going on at MK. I think they just thought that DL’s rocks were worth keeping/ highlighting while MK’s were not.

MK:

361280C9-656A-486B-AB6F-AD8F0CB6825C.jpeg

DL:

165656AD-1E54-4567-A3FE-BA495BB6E26A.jpeg

MK Frog Mountain:

CEB167FF-A53B-48FE-A1CC-32B1DE524640.jpeg

DL Frog Mountain:

16F9A71C-0A65-4432-9868-1D4E43721225.jpeg

Last edited:

eddie104

Didn’t we just hear the inside is

I like how they’re showing a bit more restraint with the Disneyland version by leaving the rocks and a bit of the cliff side to the right of the opening exposed. At MK they just covered everything with green. I wonder if it’s because our “rocks” were more aesthetically pleasing as they looked like smooth gray stones as opposed to MK’s pictured below. Or perhaps it’s just that the DL team has the benefit of learning from the construction going on at MK. I think they just thought that DL’s rocks were worth keeping/ highlighting while MK’s were not.

View attachment 783194
I think they have taken into account the weather in California being dry as opposed to humid Florida which is much more conducive to lots of greenery.

Consumer

Didn’t we just hear the inside is

MK:

View attachment 783194

DL:

View attachment 783196
Yeah, those rocks around the entrance are really great. Glad those are maintained. Honestly I don’t think the exterior really looks bad. It’s only once you understand it’s supposed to be Louisiana that all praise goes out the window.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Yeah, those rocks around the entrance are really great. Glad those are maintained. Honestly I don’t think the exterior really looks bad. It’s only once you understand it’s supposed to be Louisiana that all praise goes out the window.
Yeah, compared to WDW's this one looks tolerable and will look pretty good walking by with the lighting package at night. WDW's looks too overgrown like a plant-monster engulfing the mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom