Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Poor Critter Country....

1714868965999.png

1714869019670.png

mickEblu

It’s Louisiana so I think that the MK version matches the aesthetic very well with its more swampy look.

DL’s is not finished yet so more greenery is definitely coming.

The scaffolding is coming down and it's very obvious that them leaving the rocks (and some of the cliffside) greenery-free was part of the design. What makes you think more greenery is going there?

In the Parks
No
These photos are scary. This can go one of two ways. They keep it subtle considering Pooh and the hundred acre woods is mere steps away or they do something that make us wish we had the yellow mural barn from MK.
heffalump-woozle.gif

Maybe this is how they'll paint your barn! You know, to tie in with Pooh next door! Looks like the Heffalumps and Woozles are loose!

eddie104

The scaffolding is coming down and it's very obvious that them leaving the rocks (and some of the cliffside) greenery-free was part of the design. What makes you think more greenery is going there?
It’s just an assumption that I was making based on pure speculation.

Mikomike12

Unpopular opinion: Disneyland’s Splash was far less pretty on the exterior than WDW’s and this is keeping up with that trend.
I liked Splashes Exterior much better in DL, felt more enclosed and more immersed in its environment. WDW's Interior however is vastly superior in every way, lush more expensive looking scenery/theming and overall experience

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Do they still play the spiel about Critter Country on the train or is it temporarily cut out?
This is where I grabbed the screenshots:

I can't stomach this guy, but I did a YT search for recent Critter Country vids to see if anyone had documented it yet and this is what came up.

It does sounds like the spiel is still there.

Professortango1

Unpopular opinion: Disneyland’s Splash was far less pretty on the exterior than WDW’s and this is keeping up with that trend.
I've always preferred Disneyland's exterior and interior. The fact that the logs make it into the Rivers of America rather than this strange middle area, the better flow of songs/scenes, the lack of an ugly wall up against the flume heading into the millhouse. Disneyland's is iconic, WDW's is a good attempt at making it fit Frontierland and trying to tell the story in a clearer way.

SuddenStorm

I've always preferred Disneyland's exterior and interior. The fact that the logs make it into the Rivers of America rather than this strange middle area, the better flow of songs/scenes, the lack of an ugly wall up against the flume heading into the millhouse. Disneyland's is iconic, WDW's is a good attempt at making it fit Frontierland and trying to tell the story in a clearer way.

Disneyland's Splash Mountain looked and felt like it had always been there. It's really incredible how well they integrated it.

The test for Tiana's Bayou Adventure isn't just going to be how good the ride itself is- but how well it blends in to the area.

Professortango1

Disneyland's Splash Mountain looked and felt like it had always been there. It's really incredible how well they integrated it.

The test for Tiana's Bayou Adventure isn't just going to be how good the ride itself is- but how well it blends in to the area.
It's still looking better than it's sister attraction in Florida. They showed showed more restraint with letting the mountain remain a feature instead of trying to hide it fully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom