Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

celluloid

Its not a shift, the point is still the same. If people are wiling to spend on them and see value in it even if you don't that is up to them. The events never promise an actual announcement, that is an assumption. And yeah I could see why that would be a bummer to some who spent the money going in with that expectation, but not sure why that matters to others especially on the outside not spending the money.

Every other major convention of entertainment has in depth announcements and more to showcase. Even if not surprise. They give announcements that are more in detail vs what is already known.

Modern entertainment industry does this for fandom, and Disney charges so much for it and is delivering less. So the point that Mickeblu made, made sense.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Every other major convention of entertainment has in depth announcements and more to showcase. Even if not surprise. They give announcements that are more in detail vs what is already known.

Modern entertainment industry does this for fandom, and Disney charges so much for it and is delivering less. So the point that Mickeblu made, made sense.
Not exactly true, as an example Apple's conferences (which you can call a fandom) no longer have those huge "one more thing" announcements like they used to. And its pretty much known ahead of time what they will announce, its so that Apple can control the narrative. Its the reason why most of the media has prepared articles ready to go and release during the event.

I understand that some think there is going to be some big reveal at these events. But there is no promise of that.

Shifting again.
I was responding to the exact post, so don't know where you call it shifting, so please stop that.

What was the false advertisement? Where was the promise of a big announcement or reveal? Or was that an assumption made by those that hoped for that to happen? Also do we know what was presented? If someone can provide me a breakdown of everything that was presented I'll be happy to look at it. But as far as I know no breakdown is available. Everyone that attended appears to be fairly tight lipped about what was presented at the event in regard to the attraction presentation.

celluloid

Not exactly true, as an example Apple's conferences (which you can call a fandom) no longer have those huge "one more thing" announcements like they used to. And its pretty much known ahead of time what they will announce, its so that Apple can control the narrative. Its the reason why most of the media has prepared articles ready to go and release during the event.
1. Apple is not comprable for more than a few reasons.

But the big one, is Apple at their conferences is typically announcing new things. They don't need to do the one more thing anymore because that would be pulling the old cliche. They do announce new products for the trade/industry and go in-depth on their news and business. (Also free for all developers and when invite lottery, don't charge for the fandom like Disney does)

2. I stated you shifted the point because you act like there needs to be some big announcement people are saying they are entitled to. It is more they want more of what was already announced. You say you responded directly to the post, but it does not seem like you read mickEblu's words.

To my knowledge is not an event where fans signed an NDA or any sort of embargo.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
1. Apple is not comprable for more than a few reasons.

But the big one, is Apple at their conferences is typically announcing new things. They don't need to do the one more thing anymore because that would be pulling the old cliche. They do announce new products for the trade/industry and go in-depth on their news and business.
Except the trades know ahead of time what will be announced, ie its already known details. They don't do big reveals anymore because they want to control the narrative in the media, its the reason why the media posts articles already typed up as the reveal is happening to the public. I watch the presentations every year, so I follow it closely.

2. I stated you shifted the point because you act like there needs to be some big announcement people are saying they are entitled to. It is more they want more of what was already announced. You say you responded directly to the post, but it does not seem like you read mickEblu's words.
I did read it, I just disagree with it as I don't consider it false advertisement or even a trick. I understand that he and others wanted some more details given at this event that wasn't revealed previously. Specifically I know that @mickEblu wanted them to reveal that Facilier is going to play a part or at least have a presence in the attraction. Yes it can be disappointing when you put that expectation into an event and it doesn't happen. I completely acknowledge that is a huge bummer, even said the same before.

As I said before, I honestly wish we could go back to the days before D23 when they just announced things and we only got vague concept art and model reveals until opening. Left everything up to the imagination and surprises were only known once it was opened.

celluloid

As I said before, I honestly wish we could go back to the days before D23 when they just announced things and we only got vague concept art and model reveals until opening. Left everything up to the imagination and surprises were only known once it was opened.

The fact that you state this is funny. Because you wish we could go back yet understand why people would be upset that they are charged for it.
So, you do see it as a lack of delivery of expectations, but just want to argue?

Yes, the PR info have to be the same time because things leak out and everyone has to be on the same page with what is being announced. There is no reason why they could not be the announcements, and no reason why the panels can't give the details there in person. You keep acting like a major attraction should be announced. This is more, people want to know those things are still happening without the bragging on the smell of benefits will fill the queue level of information.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The fact that you state this is funny. Because you wish we could go back yet understand why people would be upset that they are charged for it.
So, you do see it as a lack of delivery of expectations, but just want to argue?

Yes, the PR info have to be the same time because things leak out. There is no reason why they could not be the announcements, and no reason why the panels can't give the details there in person. You keep acting like a major attraction should be announced. This is more, people want to know those things are still happening without the bragging on the smell of benefits will fill the queue level of information.
We just need to agree to disagree here.

I don't put the same expectation as others on some (even little) detail reveals happening at events like this. I understand its a disappointment to some that put that expectation into these events, and acknowledge that disappointment. But I just don't see it as some false advertised event, as that expectation shouldn't be there in my opinion. 🤷‍♂️

mickEblu

The two options are:

1. Iger​
2. Iger. With Peltz goading Iger to do more of the things park fans hate and do it to an extreme. Remember, Peltz has twice publicly stated he's not pushing for Iger to leave immediately.​

Example:
1. Iger: We're going to spend $60B on parks and experience, with at least $17B going to WDW.​
2. Peltz goading Iger: Now wait a minute. We should first do a study to see if we're going to get a good rate of investment on that. [Yes, Peltz said that.]​

Peltz is dissenting from spending $60B on parks and experiences. So, good job picking your voice of dissent!

Who am I more likely to get an Endor Speeder Bike coaster with?

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Man, what a “deep dive” at the D23 event yesterday. We learned (for the 8th time) that they re going to pump the smell of beignets into the queue/ main offices.

Yeah I think we've hit a point of diminishing returns when it comes to "smells." They're cute as an easter egg, but not when they're promoted endlessly and transparently used to sell food items.

Rich T

First Ride Area Music?

Blog Mickey on YouTube posted a clip of logs going down the big drop at MK— With new area music playing. It’s a solid cover (with vocal) of “Down in New Orleans,” the film’s opening title song.

Of course, we don’t know if this is a final choice, part of a much larger area loop, etc. All is still in test mode. But from this brief clip:

Pros: The song gives the area a relaxed, fun vibe. I love the overall look of the ride from this view, especially the swamp trees. I’m intrigued by the whimsical art on the fence leading to the mill lift.

Cons (keeping in mind it’s a test): Not crazy about the minimal-looking theming where the visible part of the drop disappears beneath the pond; I hope there’s a bit more to be added to that spot. I’d prefer an instrumental version of the song, but—again—this is just a brief clip of what could be a much longer music loop.

But, for a first snippet of music from the attraction/area, it’s good.

Last edited:

waltography

Consumer

New critters band has been introduced, as well as merchandise reveled. Take You There (Goin' Down the Bayou) will replace How Do You Do as the first song inside.

I like the designs in theory. We'll see how the animatronics turn out, but I suspect they'll be good. Maybe not Marc Davis good, but good. I will say, though, there's a great lack of frogs. Did they forget what movie this is?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom