Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

PiratesMansion

Splash and CBJ were both Marc Davis creations so they blended together seamlessly
Well, both had Davis DNA, but weren't quite full blown Marc Davis shows.

Of course the Splash animatronics came from America Sings, but Baxter definitely did Splash in his own style. In terms of CBJ, Davis was responsible for the original show, but was gone from Imagineering by the time the two shows most associated with DL's CBJ-Vacation Hoedown and Christmas Special-became the de facto frame of reference for DL guests when the Country Bears were concerned.

They definitely blended more seamlessly together, though, than any combination of rides that came after or are likely to be coming after; as with most anywhere else, cohesion has just gotten worse over time. It's to Baxter's credit that it worked as well as it did.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
View attachment 774490
It’s more around indy and pirates, But really think the whole expansion thing for the two parks is a lil weird since I would keep Walts OG kingdom in the parcel of land it’s in and not expand out of it. Same with DCA
That map isn't accurate to whatever their plans really are. So don't take it as the real location for anything.

The assumption has been that any expansion would have a bridge behind Pooh's Corner as that is where Disneyland Dr and Magic Dr and the Stitch parking lot are located. Easier to put it there than anywhere else. To put it behind where Indy/Pirates is located would require moving the Monorail track and likely the DTD Monorail station. Something that isn't likely part of this project.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Man, what a “deep dive” at the D23 event yesterday. We learned (for the 8th time) that they re going to pump the smell of beignets into the queue/ main offices.
Don’t know what your expectation was, but I don’t expect anything of substance like opening dates until the shareholder meeting.

mickEblu

Don’t know what your expectation was, but I don’t expect anything of substance like opening dates until the shareholder meeting.

Well, what does “deep dive” mean to you?

With that said, I think I have to stop wasting time putting any value on words some intern throws onto a Disney parks blog or one of their sites. Clearly, I’m still giving them and Disney too much credit.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, what does “deep dive” mean to you?

With that said, I think I have to stop wasting time putting any value on words some intern throws onto a Disney parks blog or one of their sites. Clearly, I’m still giving them and Disney too much credit.
I never thought they would do any real "deep dive", more of the same "deep dive" they've done at these type events before like the details from the 100th Celebration special (I believe it was there).

Also I don't think it was an "intern" who created this presentation or the media package for it. I think this was purposely done this way to try to drum up excitement.

I know you hoped that this event was somehow going to do some big reveal of Facilier having some presence during the ride. And that still may happen (though I have serious doubts), but I don't think this event was going to do it. They will save that stuff for the shareholder meeting or even save it as a surprise for opening day.

mickEblu

I never thought they would do any real "deep dive", more of the same "deep dive" they've done at these type events before like the details from the 100th Celebration special (I believe it was there).

Also I don't think it was an "intern" who created this presentation or the media package for it. I think this was purposely done this way to try to drum up excitement.

I know you hoped that this event was somehow going to do some big reveal of Facilier having some presence during the ride. And that still may happen (though I have serious doubts), but I don't think this event was going to do it. They will save that stuff for the shareholder meeting or even save it as a surprise for opening day.

Yeah I don’t think this necessarily means Facilier won’t be there but if there was a time to announce that little tid bit it probably would have been last night.

Intern or not they should pick the right words or phrases.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah I don’t think this necessarily means Facilier won’t be there but if there was a time to announce that little tid bit it probably would have been last night.

Intern or not they should pick the right words or phrases.
Dunno, was it the right time? They have a shareholder meeting in a little over a week. That is more the perfect time to make announcements like that, especially with everything going on with the Proxy vote.

I think the words were picked for a reason. The same very reason you got excited about the possibility of some big announcement in the first place.

And maybe they did have some intention to make some announcement during the event but held off and to save it for the shareholder meeting.

mickEblu

Dunno, was it the right time? They have a shareholder meeting in a little over a week. That is more the perfect time to make announcements like that, especially with everything going on with the Proxy vote.

I think the words were picked for a reason. The same very reason you got excited about the possibility of some big announcement in the first place.

And maybe they did have some intention to make some announcement during the event but held off and to save it for the shareholder meeting.

Sure but you can only use those tricks so many times before you lose credibility and people tune out from these events. It’s one reason why everyone thinks they HAVE to announce something of substance at this years D23.

That’s another thing. So often now it feels like they back out of announcements now last second or just don’t have their ducks in a row. Can rule that out either.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Man, what a “deep dive” at the D23 event yesterday. We learned (for the 8th time) that they re going to pump the smell of beignets into the queue/ main offices.
118.png

That was just something they've told us 30 times over the past two years!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sure but you can only use those tricks so many times before you lose credibility and people tune out from these events. It’s one reason why everyone thinks they HAVE to announce something of substance at this years D23.

That’s another thing. So often now it feels like they back out of announcements now last second or just don’t have their ducks in a row. Can rule that out either.
I don't call it a "trick", I call it standard marketing. I don't go into this events expecting some big secret/surprise reveal. If it happens cool, but going in expecting something only sets one up for disappointment. Go in expecting the normal "hype" marketing for whatever it is and if nothing is revealed then you don't have disappointment.

We live in an era of information overload. We've been trained to expect "one more thing" announcements and that is setting up so many for disappointment. I honestly wish we could go back to the days before D23 when they just announced things and we only got vague concept art and model reveals until opening. Left everything up to the imagination and surprises were only known once it was opened.

And yeah maybe they did back out of an announcement, if there was one whatever it might have been. Because maybe they decided it was best made elsewhere, like the shareholder meeting like I mentioned.

celluloid

I don't call it a "trick", I call it standard marketing. I don't go into this events expecting some big secret/surprise reveal. If it happens cool, but going in expecting something only sets one up for disappointment. Go in expecting the normal "hype" marketing for whatever it is and if nothing is revealed then you don't have disappointment.

We live in an era of information overload. We've been trained to expect "one more thing" announcements and that is setting up so many for disappointment. I honestly wish we could go back to the days before D23 when they just announced things and we only got vague concept art and model reveals until opening. Left everything up to the imagination and surprises were only known once it was opened.

And yeah maybe they did back out of an announcement, if there was one whatever it might have been. Because maybe they decided it was best made elsewhere, like the shareholder meeting like I mentioned.

It is bad because Disney has created an era of charging membership and admission for these events.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It is bad because Disney has created an era of charging membership and admission for these events.
And if people are willing to spend on them and see value in it even if you don't, that is up to them.

As far as I can tell D23 memberships, and the event attendance, are not down. So clearly those spending the money see value.

celluloid

And if people are willing to spend on them and see value in it even if you don't, that is up to them.

As far as I can tell D23 memberships, and the event attendance, are not down. So clearly those spending the money see value.

Well now we are shifting it. The point was it is understandable to see why a convention from an entertainment giant that charges admission does not have announcements would be a bummer to people.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well now we are shifting it. The point was it is understandable to see why a convention from an entertainment giant that charges admission does not have announcements.
Its not a shift, the point is still the same. If people are wiling to spend on them and see value in it even if you don't that is up to them. The events never promise an actual announcement, that is an assumption. And yeah I could see why that would be a bummer to some who spent the money going in with that expectation, but not sure why that matters to others especially on the outside not spending the money.

mickEblu

I don’t think blatant false advertising is a good strategy long term. You can’t call something a deep dive and not give one new piece of information.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don’t think blatant false advertising is a good move long term. You can’t call something a deep dive and not give one new piece of information.
Since we don't know what was presented, at least I haven't seen anything publicly released about it, I don't think we can call it false advertising.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom