Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20211208-170527_Instagram.jpg

I just hope during the maintenance they move Brer Bear's butt back into place.

Dear Prudence

I still hate that concept art. Does Disney have any idea how stupid a blue Chickapin Hill is going to look, boat in the tree or no boat in the tree?

Has it been said that the ride will only have new songs? I'd be shocked if none of the songs from the movie were featured. Frozen Ever After takes place after the movie but has songs from the movie (then again, The Princess and the Frog's songs aren't quite as iconic as Frozen's). Has there EVER been an attraction based on a movie with new songs? Even Frozen Ever After doesn't have any new songs in it.

As for Facilier, didn't the leaked plot posted in this thread back in 2020 (I think) - the one with Louis trying to find his trumpet - say that the voodoo spirit guys would show up before and on the lift hill, with Dr. Facilier's shadow replacing Brer Fox's shadow? Honestly, I could see this going either way... either they'll include Facilier and the voodoo spirits (or just the voodoo spirits, who I guess just decide to mess with us for the heck of it) to replace the scene where Brer Fox catches Brer Rabbit because everyone's been suggesting it, or they won't have them in the ride out of fear that it'll be "too scary" and the ride will have no conflict whatsoever (Louis having difficulty finding his trumpet doesn't count) like with Frozen Ever After.

Wasn't the Giant Ursula scene cut from the Little Mermaid ride because the higher-ups thought it was too scary?
The voodoo stuff is just so, so gross, and I can't believe people are just glossing over it. 🤢

I think the Ursula scene in question didn't fit the Ariel space, if I can be honest.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Went on Splash yesterday and it was the worst it's ever looked. For years the version of this ride we know and love has not been cared for with the respect it deserves, and now it surely never again will be. Time to put it out of its misery.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Went on Splash yesterday and it was the worst it's ever looked. For years the version of this ride we know and love has not been cared for with the respect it deserves, and now it surely never again will be. Time to put it out of its misery.
Honestly we're not doing much better over in Orlando at the moment:

Dear Prudence

Pardon my asking but when was the last refurbishment for Splash?
Stuff was fixed during some of the Covid shut down and when they reopened, it was pretty good to okay-ish. Then it all went downhill. Hoping to get it spruced back up or at least some of the dang lights working. It's honestly embarrassing what Disney park guests will tolerate. Like the state of these attractions is just flat-out disgusting.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Stuff was fixed during some of the Covid shut down and when they reopened, it was pretty good to okay-ish. Then it all went downhill. Hoping to get it spruced back up or at least some of the dang lights working. It's honestly embarrassing what Disney park guests will tolerate. Like the state of these attractions is just flat-out disgusting.
With the ride in its current state maybe TDA can do what they did for ToT>GoTG at DCA and do a “lights out” Splash Mountain while the mountain is covered in scaffolding for Frog Mountain in 2023/24.

Sad thing is I wouldn’t put it past them and to sell it as a “limited time event” too.

J4546

i think that concept art looks really good and look forward to this. I know a lot arent though. Also I feel like it fits great at DL but not so much at MK due to ride placement, but I guess we will see what happens

DavidDL

With the ride in its current state maybe TDA can do what they did for ToT>GoTG at DCA and do a “lights out” Splash Mountain while the mountain is covered in scaffolding for Frog Mountain in 2023/24.

Sad thing is I wouldn’t put it past them and to sell it as a “limited time event” too.

I was just in the parks on the 3rd and 4th and this is basically already the reality. We rode Splash twice on our trip (once each day) and certain portions of the ride were already cloaked in total darkness. Every light past the singing geese up to the singing alligator was off and the entirety of the singing bumblebee room (just after the second drop) was pitch black, too.

It was sort of unsettling and sad. If the change in theme to Splash will allow them the ability to address whatever infrastructure limitations are preventing them from having show elements working consistently, then I'm doubly for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom