Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Yeah pretty sad. Think about how they will most likely be removing a good majority of the AAs in Splash. Why, because it ll make the ride better? No, I’d say it’s combination of not wanting to deal with maintenance, imagineers wanting to leave their stamp as well as imagineers not wanting to ruin the immersion of PatF. You know the same guys that probably gave us the hyper real and depressing Galaxies Edge. Interesting because if they really cared about that hey wouldn’t be cramming it into an iconic attraction.

Exactly. It sounds like TDA is ticking all of the wrong boxes and have been for the last few years.

cmwade77

I understand your point, but America Sings was going to be closed regardless as to whether or not Splash Mountain got built. Again, it was either put 'em in Splash Mountain or trash 'em all.
Yeah, but I wish they would have kept America Sings, better than anything that's been there since, well better than almost anything.

EPCOTCenterLover

Yeah pretty sad. Think about how they will most likely be removing a good majority of the AAs in Splash. Why, because it ll make the ride better? No, I’d say it’s combination of not wanting to deal with maintenance, imagineers wanting to leave their stamp as well as imagineers not wanting to ruin the immersion of PatF. You know the same guys that probably gave us the hyper real and depressing Galaxies Edge. Interesting because if they really cared about that they wouldn’t be cramming it into an iconic attraction.
I hope they keep those folks who did Pixar Pier off this project!

mickEblu

Just a heads up - there's now an actual push at high levels to pause changing Splash in Florida indefinitely (without officially canceling). Part of this is internal polls they've seen after the announcement, but a larger part is they're increasingly strapped for cash. I'll be able to hopefully discuss why they're more financially harmed right now than a week ago, but that will be its own thread later this week (if I can).

The DL version will absolutely be changing though. Japan will not change as their political and cultural atmosphere is decidedly different than California in the present.

Dammit! DLR just keeps getting the short end of the stick the last few years

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
So good ol Jim Hill speaks about the Splash Mountain re theme on his podcast today.

Here are some of the highlights (or lowlights)...

- Princess Tiana and Naveen will not be frogs and only be seen at the beginning (How do you do) and end (Zip-a-dee-doo-day scenes)

- Louis is driving the story. The majority of the ride from How Do you do through Laughing Place will be Louis chasing his trumpet that he drops in the flume / water.

- They will honor some of Splash Mountain vignettes like Brer Bear stuck in the honey for example with Louis stuck in prickles (?)

-Blacklit scenes during Laughing Place will now be Ray and the other fireflies.

-Burrows Lament through first lift hill will be “friends on the other side” with projections on the tunnel and Dr Facilers shadow where Brer Fox’s shadow is now

-Mama Odie will be at top of lift hill and waves her magic wand to stop Dr. Facilier. The Blast of magic is what sends riders down the hill

-You will be surrounded by cranes who sing “Dig a little Deeper” in the drop tunnel.

-Zip a dee dopo dah finale takes place on the New Orleans waterfront with fireworks going off and Louis reunited with his trumpet.

-One last gag where Brer Fox and Brer Bear are being bit by the gator in Splash... Louis loses his trumpet again (4 feet later) and is frantically looking for it but unbeknownst to him it’s on his head. Hahahahahahh 🙄

- flume layout stays the same

- PatF wouldn’t open until 2024/2025

- Disney would like to do some Splash is going away fan events and sell limited edition merch. (Look how smart they are - they timed their announcement to get the virtue signaling points but never really mentioned that they find the ride problematic which opens the door for plenty of limited edition merch and fan events)

- Splash might close in 2022 after WDW 50th anniversary. (Not sure if this applies to DL as well)

-Disneylands version will at least lose 40 of the animatronics or more.

Some of my thoughts- Not sure why this overlay would take 2+ years? Happy to hear it’s critter based and not Tiana focused and that they are doing that 1:1 overlay I was talking about by honoring some of the vignettes and keeping the flow of the ride the same like with the blacklit laughing place and tense moments during lift hill.

They're fixing to lose 40 animatronics or more??? 🤦‍♂️

George Lucas on a Bench

ae publicity sir skippy big.jpg

With a mere touch of a button, the entire process can be reversed. Bon voyage! And this is my favorite. It can be suspended...indefinitely!

SplashGhost

If the Florida version did actually remain, it would slightly remove the pain of losing the Disneyland Splash Mountain. However, even though I rode the WDW version first, the DL version kind of became my Splash Mountain since I have been on it hundreds of times since moving to California. Still, I live 30 minutes from Disneyland and can't begin to afford going to Florida again in the near future. I hope something causes the Disneyland desecration to get shelved. If they are already starting to change their minds about the WDW version, there is always hope.

I know a lot of people would disagree, but I prefer the Disneyland version over the Magic Kingdom version, part of that is because it is more of a traditional fast paced log ride instead of a slow boat ride with drops like the MK version.

Surferboy567

I’m interested to see what Pro says. Right now, I don’t believe you announce something last week and then all of sudden back pedal. That is extremely unlike Disney who normally doesn’t care about fan backlash.

Pro may have a convincing reason why though so we will wait for that reason. Right now, I’m operating under the assumption it’s still happening just because it seems so weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom