News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

TP2000

But wait, what about the blessing of size and all that?

Yeah... forget about that. TDO can't find the room in Magic Kingdom Park to build a Tiana's Palace.

And they don't have enough money either, what with Genie+ and Lightning Lane A la Carte and all that.

And have you seen the size of the cubicle army in all those Celebration office parks? They're lucky to meet payroll each month.

CaptinEO

AAVE is mainstream, but it’s still a dialect that comes from black Americans.

You could have just said the rest without the attempt to mock black women.
There are a lot of phrases in common dialect that come from various cultures around the world. Is using them a mockery of a culture?

I was at a Taylor Swift show last month and heard that terminology throughout the night by all cultures.

It's like Arnold Schwarzenegger saying Hasta La Vista when he is Austrian and not Spanish. Or when people say Gesundheit after a sneeze. Many non jews say Oy Vey. I don't think mockery is the intent. People just like these phrases and they enter mainstream popular dialect.

Consumer

There are a lot of phrases in common dialect that come from various cultures around the world. Is using them a mockery of a culture?

I was at a Taylor Swift show last month and heard that terminology throughout the night by all cultures.

It's like Arnold Schwarzenegger saying Hasta La Vista when he is Austrian and not Spanish. Or when people say Gesundheit after a sneeze. Many non jews say Oy Vey. I don't think mockery is the intent. People just like these phrases and they enter mainstream popular dialect.
You're living my dream.

SSG

Alrighty.........

Sports gif. Becky Sauerbrunn holds a big tub of popcorn and stuffs her mouth with popcorn while staring at us.

MoonRakerSCM

Walked by last night at 825p and the tables were half empty.

There was a cm at the front yelling at curious passing guests "Tiana's palace closed at 8pm, we are not open!"

mickEblu

Food at Tiana’s looks good but I don’t think it’s something I would do often. The gumbo at Cafe Orleans worked for me as a small $8 cup/ appetizer. The only time I’ll ever eat that huge hearty portion of gumbo at Disneyland will be on a really cold day. The food overall just looks pretty heavy and not the type of stuff I crave when at Disneyland walking around in the heat. I like to snack a lot at Disneyland so I’m not trying to go “all in” on one heavy/ zesty/ meal. Most of the dishes look like they should be shared.

Disney Analyst

Food at Tiana’s looks good but I don’t think it’s something I would do often. The gumbo at Cafe Orleans worked for me as a small $8 cup/ appetizer. The only time I’ll ever eat that huge hearty portion of gumbo at Disneyland will be on a really cold day. The food overall just looks pretty heavy and not the type of stuff I crave when at Disneyland walking around in the heat. I like to snack a lot at Disneyland so I’m not trying to go “all in” on one heavy/ zesty/ meal. Most of the dishes look like they should be shared.

Good news about that, can save money by splitting some of that food!

I think I could easily split the chicken, slaw, and mac with someone, and be satisfied.

Epcot81Fan

How did Tiana become so successful with a business model like this? Where's the late evening dining experience with a mellow jazz trio on that stage of hers?

Seems like Tiana is more focused on closing earlier so she doesn't have to pay overtime let alone full benefits for her employees. Is this restaurant employee owned like the salt mine?
And why if the food co-op is collectively owned by the employees is it called “Tiana’s Foods”? 🤔

So many questions….

mickEblu

Good news about that, can save money by splitting some of that food!

I think I could easily split the chicken, slaw, and mac with someone, and be satisfied.

Unfortunately my wife isn’t really into that food. She’s also the reason I rarely get a Turkey leg at Disneyland. It’s usually on a day when we’re with a larger group.

Another thing I failed to mention in my last post is that type of food is sit down restaurant food. Not the type of stuff I want a counter service as I desperately try to find a table. I’ll gladly take heaping plate of hot spicy gumbo or shrimp and cheesy grits as I sit in the shade or AC being served though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom