Thurl Ravenscroft just died!

barnum42

RIP.

I think that someone else has been doing Tony the Tiger for a few years now. At least in the UK. It's not a bad impression, but it's not Thurl.

waltdisny

Thurl is also heard on several of the Disneyland LP's including the narrator of the Haunted Mansion (with Ron Howard) and was the sweeper in The Brave Little Toaster.

Bon Voyage Thurl.:(

ead79

How sad. He was a Disney legend, having lent his voice talents to so many attractions. My prayers go out to his family and friends. :(

rainfully

My favorite piece of Disney trivia: That guy is the voice of Tony the Tiger! He did a lot of awesome things in his life, and he'll live forever in the Disney attractions he's contributed to.

DisneyMemories

:cry: My Prayers and condolences go out to Mr. Ravencroft and his family. You were grrrrrrreat and your talents will be missed. But he'll always live on as a disney legend and his voice will always be heard for many years to come on alot of our classic disney attractions. I'm sure with the magic of computers we will contunue to see and hear Tony the tiger even if at the end where all we will hear is "There Grrrreat". Thurl Thank you for the talents you gave us and using them at Disney a place we all have grown to love and think is grrrreat. Heaven got another great disney talent and legend, R.I.P. Mr.Thurl Ravenscroft,and Thanks :cry:

MarcV

Thurl thank you for your Grim Grinning Ghosts and proclaiming "Your a mean one Mr Grinch" to classics that are a legacy

brresler

Which part of the ride is he the Ghost Host? I know that the voice in the beginning is different than in the end. One of them is Thurl, and the other is the voice of Boris from Rocky and Bulwinkle. I just don't remember which part is which voice. Thanks

jeanylaser031

he was tony the tiger in the cereal commerials. and i will miss him so much and the song from the how the grinch stole christmas you the bad man grinch.

rainfully

brresler said:
Which part of the ride is he the Ghost Host? I know that the voice in the beginning is different than in the end. One of them is Thurl, and the other is the voice of Boris from Rocky and Bulwinkle. I just don't remember which part is which voice. Thanks

He's the lead singer on Grim Grinning Ghosts, the broken bust.

Huck

Wouldn't it be all too appropriate to dedicate a new headstone to him outside of the Haunted Mansion?

Here lies dear old Thurl
Bitten by a rabid squirrel

No joke! So many other disney originals are immortalized there, I think it would be a high honor.
I'm starting the petition now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom