Thrilling Haunted Mansion

Summitplummet14

Original Poster
I don't know if this is true, but a cast member told me that they are making haunted mansion a little more thrilling, and are actually putting a staircase scene where a ghost throws you down the staircase and you slide down it in high speeds?

jmvd20

The staircase part is correct to an extent as a new scene is being added that involves multiple staircases. However the high speed part is not correct, the ride system will be the same as it was prior to the refurb.

ThinkTink721

I just hope that it will be ready on time for my Sept. trip!

Is it true that there will be a day version & a night version :veryconfu - I read that somewhere.

:wave:

I really hope they don't make the Haunted Mansion "thrilling" or containing high speeds. I mean it has always been a family ride, and i would be very upset and surprised if Disney doesnt keep it this way. However, i am excited about the new stairway scene, and cannot wait to ride it this New Years and witness it first hand.
I have finally rode the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland since its refurb, this past week on my family vacation, and i have to say the effects were amazing. The floating Leota head was really cool, and i still can't get over their version of the bride. It was amazing!!! Can't wait to see if Disney improves this effect for Florida's Mansion!

brkgnews

not possible with the current ride system.

Unless they actually used the speedroom technology from the old dreamflight ride to make it seem like you were going faster and faster. :lookaroun

/no inside knowledge
/just stirring the pot and playing 'what if'

jmvd20

I really hope they don't make the Haunted Mansion "thrilling" or containing high speeds. I mean it has always been a family ride, and i would be very upset and surprised if Disney doesnt keep it this way.

You have nothing to worry about when it comes to the high speed part. Think about this, the ride vehicles at the HM are all attached together forming a chain. Therefore how can one section of that chain go faster than another section? Simple answer, they cannot.

You have nothing to worry about when it comes to the high speed part. Think about this, the ride vehicles at the HM are all attached together forming a chain. Therefore how can one section of that chain go faster than another section? Simple answer, they cannot.
I didn't even think about that. Seems very logical. I guess i dont have anything to worry about. Thank You!

raven

I don't know if this is true, but a cast member told me that they are making haunted mansion a little more thrilling, and are actually putting a staircase scene where a ghost throws you down the staircase and you slide down it in high speeds?

Yeah I bet they would tell you that! :lol: I still think it's funny that CM's know a lot less then we do here on the boards. You'd think that if they really want to know the truth they would just log on. :animwink:

brkgnews

However, ironically, on a single LP record, a fixed point on the edge of the disc travels much faster than a point that is closer to the spindle.

Seriously. It's travelling a further distance in the same amount of time.

:eek:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
However, ironically, on a single LP record, a fixed point on the edge of the disc travels much faster than a point that is closer to the spindle.

Now how could we transform this idea to the Haunted Mansion? :confused: :shrug:

jmvd20

:lol:

Yes that would be true, however the last time I was there the doombuggies were upgraded from records to CD's. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom