over priced T-shirts

over full tummys

pavement pizza depsosits

whiffy sweaty arm-pitts

flatulent line neighbours

over polite acceptance

Legacy

speck76 said:
just because he is a good park leader, that is NO indication that he would be a good CEO
I understand that, and I realize that my wording wasn't the best. It is possible that Matt as a CEO would be terrible, however I really admire a guy who seems to understand what is important to Disney. Considering how much he has turned around Disneyland since Pressler/Harris I think he might have the gumption to start moving the corporation as a whole into a more effective and creative mindset. With leadership at WDC has tunnel-visioned as it is, I find solace in one person moving through the ranks who at least a tiny bit of the Disney-spark in them.

Aside from that, how is life?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
speck76 said:
just because he is a good park leader, that is NO indication that he would be a good CEO

thought you were talking about me there. :eek:

FYI on one of these Belbin things it said I was ideal for a director, guess that means Im good at telling everyone else what to do.
:hammer:

speck76

Life is good....you?

One bad thing with American companies is that the best and brightest in their current field are promoted to the next level, where they may not be as good.

Pressler was good with The Disney Store, but bad with DL, and later as President. If he would have been kept at the Disney Store, many issues that occured in the 90's at DL may have never happened.

Ouimet is great with DL, but he may not be good with the other areas of the WDC.....studios, ABC, and everything else. He seems to be a great park leader, so keep him there, where his talents are exploited to the fullest.

Legacy

speck76 said:
Life is good....you?

One bad thing with American companies is that the best and brightest in their current field are promoted to the next level, where they may not be as good.

Pressler was good with The Disney Store, but bad with DL, and later as President. If he would have been kept at the Disney Store, many issues that occured in the 90's at DL may have never happened.

Ouimet is great with DL, but he may not be good with the other areas of the WDC.....studios, ABC, and everything else. He seems to be a great park leader, so keep him there, where his talents are exploited to the fullest.
Hectic.... but is that any surprise?

I see your point. I would love to see that his mindset heading up the company, but you are right in that it might not the best thing.

Question for anyone, do we know what Oiment's history in business entails?

General Grizz

Ouimet needs to come to WDW (AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!)... although someone as open to ideas as he is would be a great CEO. Disneyland's current president comes from the Cruise Lines, where quality reigns. (Pressler/Harris came from more of the accounting side of things... ;) )

I'll answer for Kevin Page:

Me no life

Me like Wiggles

Protest with bears

speck76

General Grizz said:
Ouimet needs to come to WDW (AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!)... although someone as open to ideas as he is would be a great CEO. Disneyland's current president comes from the Cruise Lines, where quality reigns. (Pressler/Harris came from more of the accounting side of things... ;) )

See.....that would be a logical next step

[leader good with parks] starts at DL, eventually gets WDW

[leader good with studios] starts at touchstone, gets WDFA, gets ABC

[good accountant] STAYS IN ACCOUNTING

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom