Thoughts On The Wave Restaurant

petey

Original Poster
Hello Everyone. I made an ADR for The Wave. I have never been to this restaurant. I am not a fancy person, and this ADR is for the first night I will be in Disney World, so not looking for alot of noise on the first night. Any thoughts & menu suggestions? I am not a picky eater, so usually am open minded. MK has extended hrs that night & I wanted to be near the park. Did I make a pretty good choice? Feel free to make other recommendations if you want. Have a magical day!!!!! Thanks for the feedback.:p

tink65

We ate there for the first time in Dec & unfortunately we didn't really care for it too much. It was ok but not something we'd choose again. It is very quiet though so that will be a plus for you!

CaptainAshley

I thought it was wonderful. I had an amazing piece of filet and my dad's lamb dish was cooked to perfection. It doesn't have much of a Disney-feel to the place but I thought the atmosphere was tasteful and relaxed and our server was great too.

Ate there on our last trip as a last minute addition and couldn't have been happier. Lamb was fall of the bone and the steak was juicy and tender. Restaurant was super quiet despite the number of kids present, probably because they weren't allowed to run around. Kids are seated to the inside of the booth if the family is seated in one and if seated at a table they are expected to remain at the tables. The servers are moving at too fast a clip to have to worry about tripping over wayward kids running around the restaurant.

Not a 'must do' for us but definitely a 'will consider' in the future.

JWH

It was one of our favorite restaurants during our last stay. Food is much better quality than we expected.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
If you are not a picky eater and want to be close to the MK, I think you made a perfect choice. :lol:

My DH is a picky eater and we have had two nice meals at the Wave over our last couple of trips. The Wave promotes itself as "green" or "organic" and makes a point to use very fresh, locally sourced foods, if I remember correctly. And I think their entire wine list is organic wines.

MKCP 1985

it is a nice bar. There is a nice restaurant upstairs - California Grill.

That said, I didn't eat at the Wave. It might be a fine restaurant, but I think of it for its bar with the screwtop wines.

tampabrad

I think the Wave is very underrated. The food is supposed to be local and organic and I am sure it is. I thought it was very good. Perfect balance of spice on the already fresh, flavorful food.

I had the Cinimon Pork which was fantastic. A friend had the Flat Iron Steak and love it. Both perfectly cooked. My other friend had the Veg Stew and also enjoyed it. He was upset because our server offered a chef special veg entree option and he turned it down. The table next to us got it and said it was amazing.

Service was great as well. We were seated very late and we were not rushed in any way. Perfectly well attended to actually. Very helpful in walking us through the menu.

We ended with the Creamy Temptations Trio which we shared and it was also very good. If I had had my own, I could and would have eaten the whole thing, but sharing was the smart way to go.

Anyway:
Srevice-great
Food taste-great
Food presentation-great
Value for quality/quantity-great
Atmousephere-for some reason I just felt like I was in the basement.

kachow85

The food was good, not the worst or best place we ate last summer. Atmosphere fit with the Contemporary theme. Not on our list to return to this summer.

nepalostparks

An acquaintence of mine dined there on this last vacation, and said it was so good after the first night, they ended up there again twice more during their stay.

Haven't been myself, but he seems to have enjoyed it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom