Thoughts on the French Quarter

Epcot is my fav

Hey everyone!!!! I will be staying at Port Orleans the French Quarter this weekend for 3 days and I wanted to know how it is. Has anyone stayed there? What is it like? The goods and the bads....I really appreciate it!!!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Its several years since we've been there but its an absolutely excellent resort. Not to be mised is the boat ride to DownTown Disney.

You'll love it

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We stayed there when we did the Land & Sea. I loved it. It's smaller and quieter than other resorts I've stayed at. We had a hot tub practically right outside our room and used it most nights to wind down after our hectic days in the parks.

Upvote 0

Lucky

The good: small, relatively quiet, nice pool, nice music, food court not as hectic as at POR, Pop, etc. Bus transportation more convenient than at the other moderates (POR, CSR, CBR). Closer than any other moderate or value resort to MK.

The bad: none as far as I'm concerned. For sit-down restaurant, must take 5-10 minute walk to POR. We don't eat at sit-dwon restaurants at the resorts anyway so this was not an issue for us.

Upvote 0

Mick G.

We attended a conference a couple of years back, and got "stuck" staying at the FQ. We had never stayed there before, and didn't knoiw what to expect. We loved it, and it's our favorite moderate resort now.

Upvote 0

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
ahhh you guys are awesome!!!!! My friends were hesitant in staying there because no one has ever been there and I said I have heard good things but your comments are very reassuring. Thanks so much.

About how long of a boat ride is it to DtD? Also, how are the pool(s)? I want to relax one morning before hitting the Food and Wine Festival. lol

Upvote 0

Lucky

There's one large beautiful pool. It's dominated by a giant sea serpent. King Trident sits on its head, and a water slide comes out of its mouth. I can attach a photo or two if you want to send me a PM with your e-mail address.

Upvote 0

WTBAD

We've stayed at FQ a couple of times. Its the smallest of the mods & values. I found that there were less kids so its quiter. There's only one pool. There is a "private" area behind some tall plants at one end of the pool. The plants provide a kind of screen from the pool. It's a little more relaxing than pool side. We never had a problem finding sitting at the Food Court even with a party of 8. The boat ride to DTD takes about 15 minutes but you may want to alow about 45 minutes to get from FQ to where in DTD you want to go. This will allow for wait time for the boat & walking to where ever.

Tell your friends this is a great hotel. Short walk from any room to the buses or the FC. Buses are shared with Riverside but FQ is the first stop. Easy to get a seat in the morning going to the parks.

Have fun.

Upvote 0

LivinWitTheLand

Just got back from our first trip to FQ yesterday. Stayed for 10 days. So far our favorite resort. We have stayed before at POP, Contemp, Poly, ASMo and Coronado.

Loved FQ, it is small in size so everything is close no matter what building you room is in. Mousekeeping was great. The food court was great. Check in had no line and only took 5 mins compared to the hour long process at POP. Bus transportation was OK also. Going to the parks was easier than coming home at times, especially at the evening EMH. The line from those could be pretty long. The boat ride to DD is only about 15 mins and very relaxing. Loved the hot tub too. Very quite and secluded. The whole resort is very relaxing and low key, and quite, unlike the value resorts.

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

It's our favorite place to stay next to the Poly. The main benefit for us (which is what keeps us coming back to it rather than some more upscale resorts) is that it is really compact. We never have a long walk to our room at the end of the day -- and that counts for a lot.

Have a great time! You'll love it!

Upvote 0

MS&S Fan

POFQ is our favorite resort. the boat ride to dtd is 10-15 minutes not really sure. the pool is great. bus service is good. the only kind of downside that I can think of other than the sit down resturant (which never matters to me, I like the food court area there)is that after the bus stops at FQ it does the loop at RS. some mornings it seems like RS has 95 bus stops, but the flip side to that is that buses stop at FQ first to unload. that is very nice after a long hot day at the parks. Good luck on your trip I think you'll enjoy it.:wave:

Upvote 0

paul436

I just stayed there at the end of August and it was great! I've stayed at ASMu, ASSp, Pop and CBR and I liked the FQ better than all of them. It shares bus service with POR but is the first to be picked up so you usually get a seat and is the first to be dropped off which is always an advantage. The theming and overall "feel" of the resort was very relaxing yet a lot of fun at the same time. Some of the buildings seem to be a bit of walk from the bus stop and food court but nothing that seemed like a hike. I had requested a room near the food court and was able to get that. I would highly recommend staying at the FQ to everyone.

Upvote 0

Lucky

When we were there in August 2006 the buses to MK usually did not stop at POR at all. MK is so close we were usually there less than 10 minutes after boarding at POFQ.

Upvote 0

Epcot is my fav

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for responding to my thread!! I am super excited now that everyone has such good things to say about the resort. Woohoo I am glad we made the right choice!! Thanks again!!!

Upvote 0

BeanSz

Thanks everyone for responding to my thread!! I am super excited now that everyone has such good things to say about the resort. Woohoo I am glad we made the right choice!! Thanks again!!!

Have a great trip. Make sure you give us a trip report on your stay at POFQ after your trip. I am booked there in 2008 which will be my first time, so I am very excited.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom