• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

thoughts on Homecomin'?

Figment_Of_Imagination

Original Poster
I am taking a trip in early December (9th-15th) and we got dinner reservations the eveni ng we arrive at Homecomin' in Disney Springs. Having never eaten there I was curious how people felt about it. The menu looks nice and it seems like a good heavy meal after a day of flights and no parks.

Any suggestions?

Epcotfan21

Advertisement
Some of the best fried chicken and hush puppies I've ever had. Wife and I both loved our meals.

Figment_Of_Imagination

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I figured it would be a bit heavy for a park day, but since we are getting in and not hitting parks that day or seemed like a home run. Glad to see everyone enjoyed it, I'll definitely have to post an update after the trip.

I haven't heard one person say a bad thing about the place. That's rare.

LeighM

The shrimp and grits were also wonderful when we were there in 2016. I can get fantastic fried chicken in my hometown so I wasn't too impressed by theirs but oh my goodness, I dream about their shrimp and grits LOL. Their cake portions are huge! We ordered 2 different slices - their famous hummingbird cake and the shine cake. Three adults couldn't finish them but were so good.

hakunamatata

Upcharge $ Parking Fee Enthusiast
Premium Member
The shrimp and grits were also wonderful when we were there in 2016. I can get fantastic fried chicken in my hometown so I wasn't too impressed by theirs but oh my goodness, I dream about their shrimp and grits LOL. Their cake portions are huge! We ordered 2 different slices - their famous hummingbird cake and the shine cake. Three adults couldn't finish them but were so good.
You are correct about the shrimp n grits.

awheartsdw

We just ate there for the first time last Wednesday night and it was FABULOUS!! My husband had the fried chicken and donuts, our daughter had the meatloaf, and I had the fried chicken plate. For dessert my husband had the hummingbird cake, our daughter had chocolate cake, and I had the pecan pie. It was amazing! We were stuffed after dinner and it was rough in the heat, but it was so worth it!! Enjoy and have the lemonade iced tea with moonshine for me, delicious!!

Rogue21

The Shrimp & Grits also gets my vote for best on property. I made the mistake of getting it at an EPCOT restaurant and was sadly disappointed. The moonshine cocktails are delicious and the hummingbird cake is pretty good -- and shareable.

I hear the fried chicken and meatloaf are good, but I can't not order the shrimp & grits. :inlove:

The Shrimp & Grits also gets my vote for best on property. I made the mistake of getting it at an EPCOT restaurant and was sadly disappointed. The moonshine cocktails are delicious and the hummingbird cake is pretty good -- and shareable.

I hear the fried chicken and meatloaf are good, but I can't not order the shrimp & grits. :inlove:
Coral reef shrimp and grits just isn’t good.

Top Bottom