Thoughts on Disney Springs hotels having Magic Hours privileges?

nickys

Premium Member
It stinks. Makes EMH even more crowded now.

Thank you for the first hand report. It is always better to get a real report on the actual EMH crowds rather than someone complaining just to be complaining.

I don't think it's started yet, so not a first hand account I'm guessing ;)

Just checked, it starts as of today (1st Jan). So the even more crowded EMH you've experienced so far is just the Christmas effect.

clarabellej

Wondered about opinions on this topic and also reasons why Disney would allow this option for non Disney Hotels?
mikewdw
Forget about EMH. Now they will also get to choose FPs 60 days in advance!!!

That bugs me.

Our stay at Disney this year is soooo expensive and we are at Pop Century.

I know they gave to purchase package thru Disney, but still don’t like it.

Some of those Good Neighbor hotels have awful reviews.

It really is all about more money.

winstongator

Right now the difference of a Disney Resort is:

1. More frequent transportation
2. DME
3. Ability to do DDP
4. Some are closer/walking to parks
5 Magic band
6. Charge to room
7. Ship purchases back to hotel
8. Free parking
9. No added resort fee
Say you're a FL passholder like me. Why choose Saratoga or other WDW-DS area hotels over the good-neighbors? We walked from the B to DS, and that's one of the further ones. Gonna drive to the parks most likely either way, and parking is free with the AP. We've got magic bands, but just can't charge with them, but can use apple pay.

While the B had a neat bunk bed setup for the kids, it had a bunch of roof leaks so the carpets in our section of the hotel were pretty soaked. My MiL picked it, so I went along, and got my first taste of FoP, so I won't complain past that.

clarabellej

Right now the difference of a Disney Resort is:

1. More frequent transportation
2. DME
3. Ability to do DDP
4. Some are closer/walking to parks
5 Magic band
6. Charge to room
7. Ship purchases back to hotel
8. Free parking
9. No added resort fee
And DME is not being used by many due to having to catch it 4 hours prior to a domestic flight. Then you get to the airport too early and TSA doesn’t want you to go thru the line so early. So you have to wait.

Lots of folks using other forms of transportation like Uber because of this.

Our flight gets in at 11pm, so I was thinking of changing it just so we have the luggage delivered to our room. I am surprised how many people don’t care for this service and choose to handle their bags themselves.

Do they still deliver purchases to the resorts? I thought I read that was discontinued.

We love staying at Pop, but it kind of ticks me off that the off site places get some of the Disney benefits.

I don’t think we get those glorious EMH hours into the a.m. that we used to get anyway. I have video of my kid whooping it up on the Speedway. It was a blast!!

DisneyJoe

Our flight gets in at 11pm, so I was thinking of changing it just so we have the luggage delivered to our room. I am surprised how many people don’t care for this service and choose to handle their bags themselves.
If your flight lands at MCO after 10pm and before 5am, you must claim your luggage yourself per DME FAQ:

Luggage Transport Between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM

Our luggage delivery service is not in operation during these hours. Please collect your luggage at Baggage Claim on Level 2 and bring it with you to the Disney's Magical Express location. Your luggage will travel with you on the motorcoach to your Disney Resort Hotel. Luggage assistance will be available upon arrival at your Resort.

clarabellej

If your flight lands at MCO after 10pm and before 5am, you must claim your luggage yourself per DME FAQ:

Luggage Transport Between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM

Our luggage delivery service is not in operation during these hours. Please collect your luggage at Baggage Claim on Level 2 and bring it with you to the Disney's Magical Express location. Your luggage will travel with you on the motorcoach to your Disney Resort Hotel. Luggage assistance will be available upon arrival at your Resort.
I know, that’s Why I might change my flight.

Not to mention getting to the room a little before midnight. I love the luggage delivery perk!

TXDisney

I’ll say this... constantly you hear people complain about how expensive Disney is. I guess we go so often we just factor in our yearly vacation budget to go normally twice a year. But I got not everyone can do that. The point is that these Disney Springs area resorts as well as the Swan and Dolphin are quite a bit less than that of a moderate to deluxe resort. There’s a significant drop off in Disney’s quality imo from moderate to value. I try to never recommend value you to people bc I think it might alter there magical experience. Now at these resorts in DS you get moderate sometimes even deluxe style rooms and all but paying moderate value to moderate prices. So while I’m not all for more people having access to FP 60 days out, it will make Disney more affordable for most.

clarabellej

I thought EMH was already overcrowded? The crowd calendars advise to avoid parks on days they have EMH.
We used to have pretty good luck with the extra evening hours.

We only had a bad time waiting to meet Joy and Sadness really late at night. It was extra hours time, and pretty late. We thought the line wouldn’t be so bad. It wasn’t, but it was so slow everyone wanted to lie down and go to sleep!

nickys

Premium Member
I thought EMH was already overcrowded? The crowd calendars advise to avoid parks on days they have EMH.

I think there are 2 main reasons crowd calendars say avoid parks with EMH days.

1. There are far more offsite guests than onsite guests, and if you can't take advantage of EMH you will be at a disadvantage from the start

2. Any onsite guests who do go to the park with EMH and also do not have park hoppers will be there all day.

Personally we've never rope dropped, let alone done a morning EMH but love the evening ones. It's always much less crowded in the evening than through the day in my experience.

correcaminos

E-rides were $14 a person for 4 additional hours and there was a firm cap of about 12,000...nowhere close to what they do with parties now
When I went it was only $10 - it was fantastic! Better than the parties or EMH! We don't bother with parties now. If they limited the number of people I'd consider it, but it's just really not worth it for us. It often feels just as crowded as a regular day.

crxbrett

Epcot's EMH days when they close later are always the same or even less busy than normal from the times I have seen. When the Studios used to have the evening EMH it was also less crowded. Animal Kingdom was for a while, not sure if they even do the evening ones anymore though. This last summer was out of the ordinary since they were open late for Pandora every single night. The MK seems to be most affected by EMH, but even then it isn't necessarily always worse. The EMH evenings also used to be far less crowded when they would keep the MK open til 2-3am, Epcot til midnight and the Studios til 12 or 1am. The parks would be empty by midnight. Only time I've ever been able to ride a Disney attraction 3 or 4 times without having to get off and wait again.

ThistleMae

And DME is not being used by many due to having to catch it 4 hours prior to a domestic flight. Then you get to the airport too early and TSA doesn’t want you to go thru the line so early. So you have to wait.

Lots of folks using other forms of transportation like Uber because of this.

Do they still deliver purchases to the resorts? I thought I read that was discontinued.

We love staying at Pop, but it kind of ticks me off that the off site places get some of the Disney benefits.

I don’t think we get those glorious EMH hours into the a.m. that we used to get anyway. I have video of my kid whooping it up on the Speedway. It was a blast!!
They went back to the 3 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom