Thoughts on Disney Springs hotels having Magic Hours privileges?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Right now the difference of a Disney Resort is:

1. More frequent transportation
2. DME
3. Ability to do DDP
4. Some are closer/walking to parks
5 Magic band
6. Charge to room
7. Ship purchases back to hotel
8. Free parking
9. No added resort fee

You can get #7 with a lot of the good neighbor hotels also. You definitely don't get #1, most run only a few shuttles a day.

correcaminos

So why stay onsite if offsite hotels get the same perks as onsite hotels?
as noted there are still some perks to being in a Disney hotels, but honestly the Disney Springs hotels are a good option. I don't know why there's such a negativity towards this hosnestly. They've had perks like this in the past and so this isn't anything new. If you want to be in a Disney resort then go with Disney, otherwise on Disney property DS hotels and Swan/Dolphin are great alternatives.

daisyduckie

as noted there are still some perks to being in a Disney hotels, but honestly the Disney Springs hotels are a good option. I don't know why there's such a negativity towards this hosnestly. They've had perks like this in the past and so this isn't anything new. If you want to be in a Disney resort then go with Disney, otherwise on Disney property DS hotels and Swan/Dolphin are great alternatives.

I think the Hilton was the only one with perks like Disney resorts. Not counting the Swan/Dolphin.

carnini

very interesting that they added it. I stayed many times in the Disney spring hotels pre-kids. Post kids the magical express is a big perk for me to not deal with luggage, etc. With this added bonus, if I was to go sans kids might think about those hotels.

correcaminos

I think the Hilton was the only one with perks like Disney resorts. Not counting the Swan/Dolphin.
Not in the past. We liked Hotel Royal Plaza in the 90s and we had the early entry. Only in the more recent years was it knocked down to the Hilton. By that point I switched to Swan stays and then eventually DVC. I think the griping over this is a bit much. Not like really the values are a class above these on property hotels.

Then again we avoid EMH note so it's a moot point for us

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Not in the past. We liked Hotel Royal Plaza in the 90s and we had the early entry. Only in the more recent years was it knocked down to the Hilton. By that point I switched to Swan stays and then eventually DVC. I think the griping over this is a bit much. Not like really the values are a class above these on property hotels.

Then again we avoid EMH note so it's a moot point for us

You've not lived until you've been on Splash Mountain at 2am! :joyfull:

correcaminos

I'm with you there, I also avoid EMH these days; but I have enjoyed late night EMH in years past.
My favorite nighttime MK visit was when they offered the E-ticket band for all of $10. The park was empty for 3 hours. I know the EMH is free now but it isn't quite the same. I loved the early entry as it seemed so empty in the parks

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think that magic hours are dead men walking at this point...my guess is within 5 years at this rate that tickets will be sold completely differently and they will follow the pattern that the consumer has set and sell tickets in blocks instead of days.

Magic hours will have to go under that theory

correcaminos

EMH is "free" like "free dining" is "free."

You're paying for it in ridiculous hotel room rates.
Compared to before it is free. The E-Rider nights were $10 in addition to your Disney stay.

Not quite the same as comparing it to "free dining" IMO though.

correcaminos

Fair enough. But to put it in perspective, in 2004 you were paying roughly $300 a night at the Poly. Now, you're paying roughly $550 a night.
It was 2000, but still I think the rate was close to that for a standard room. Maybe a little more because in 2000 the travel industry had not tanked and discounts were hard to come by. We were in concierge though so I am not sure what it was exactly. Now we're DVC members so it's all different on how I pay or don't anyway.

Skibum1970

I have a feeling that this is a step towards up-charges for making reservations for FP+ more than 60 days in advance and that resort guests will be the ones to have that perk. I'm probably wrong. I've been waiting for Disney to introduce that perk. Something like "Pay $500 per guest and you can make FP+ reservations 90 days out. Double that to get to 120 days out." I'm probably being too cynical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom