Thoughts on Biergarten in Epcot?

The Griswolds

Original Poster
Never been there, but sounds fun and I love german food....wife and kids really dont so what types of food are on there they would still enjoy? Family style tables are ok, unless you get stuck with some bozos I guess.:ROFLOL:

rlm919

we have eaten at the biergarten probably 10 times since 2003 and love it!! the sharing table thing is made out to be more than it really is; you can be as interactive with others at your table as you want to be and it doesn't affect your experience at all...

food is mostly traditional German (dumplings, sauerbraten, schnitzel, etc.) but there is also mac and cheese, chicken, and other assorted for the non-german food fans.

corey154

I always loved this place...but I wasn't too impressed when I went earlier this month. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't as good as I remember. But I still enjoyed the music and atmosphere and would go back on future vacations. Now with that being said, if the rest of the family doesn't like German food, then they prob. aren't going to like it. They have mac & cheese, pretzel rolls, and I can't remember what else, to be honest I don't even know if there's anything else your family would like. My daughter didn't even really like the meat at the carving station. (and she's not picky)They have various german sausages, salmon, chicken, salads, & deserts.

Missing20K

The atmosphere and beer are great, but the food is lacking in my opinion. We loved the biergarten hall, performers, and huge beers, and dining with fellow guests is also a neat experience. Service was just eh (even are table mates were "where is the waitress?"), but that could very easily be an isolated experience. The food was just ok, nothing spectacular. The schnitzel was decent, the fresh carved meats were dry, the sides were hit and miss (sauerkraut hit; spaetzle miss), and some of the 'wursts and the pretzel rolls were highlights. Again, the beer was delicious.

The Biergarten was my family's favorite restaurant on property growing up, and the last time we went in '98 it was again great. Upon returning for the first time in 10 years, I insisted to my girlfriend we eat there, having been so enamored myself as a youth, and her having never been during her visits as a child. Unfortunately, the fare did not quite live up to the festivities and we ultimately left disappointed, me because of nostalgia, her because of a half full stomach.

All in all, it wasn't the best, but I would go again, after trying out other restaurants first. I would absolutely only go for lunch, however, as the dinner price seems overkill.

GatorGambit

I really like Biergarten. It's a slam dunk with large parties and as a last minute ADR or walk-up. You have to go in knowing that the food is buffet style, so it's not going to be as good as, say, Le Celier or something. The atmosphere can't be beat, the entertainment, the huge beers, and some unique food experiences make it a great experience.

Brommy

We went this summer and too be honest I wasn't overly impressed. Beer was very good and so was the entertainment, but food was a little bit disappointing.

Also, I'd imagine it's much better if you are in a big group

Figment73

We just ate in Biergarten in June 09. I have very high praise. We also have a child who is not fond of strange foods, but she loved it. They have mac and cheese, pretzel rolls, carved meats, potatoes, salads, and desserts. There is alot more than that but that is what she was impressed with. My daughter enjoyed it so much she wants to back again. The entertainment was really good. And we sat with a family that was actually from Germany who had recently moved to Jersey. Really neat time.

JillC LI

Another thumbs up for the Biergarten - as long as you aren't looking for a quiet, romantic atmosphere! It's tons of fun, and the food was good. :slurp:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Was just gonna post a thread askin bwt this place so lovin it, love to hear more about ur experiences here and please show me some pics of it and the great beers?? they nice??:ROFLOL:

tink@heart

Love the Biergarten!!! We love to relax and enjoy the oompah band and buffet! My kids love the atmosphere and we've never been disappointed with the food. We live in a Swiss-German community and it is right on- the wursts and salads are terrific, as well as the carved meats too! Of course, the restaurant business is tough- there are going to be better days than others; just as better spaetzli than others. But, if you have the time and want some fun- give it a try.

worldfanatic

We went this summer and too be honest I wasn't overly impressed. Beer was very good and so was the entertainment, but food was a little bit disappointing.

Also, I'd imagine it's much better if you are in a big group

I'll echo every word of this post.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Never been there, but sounds fun and I love german food....wife and kids really dont so what types of food are on there they would still enjoy? Family style tables are ok, unless you get stuck with some bozos I guess.:ROFLOL:

My DH loved the food - I, who is a self proclaimed "picky" eater - did not care for the food and had a tough time finding something to eat that did not taste like sauerkraut. The experience was cool and kind of fun. At the end of the day - I am glad I did it once. Next time though...we'll have to wait for my mom to come on a trip with us and she and hubby can go together! They are the only ones in the family that eat sauerkraut!!

muteki

Probably one of my favorite restaurants. I am a real meat-and-potatoes kinda person and their menu suits me nicely. The shows are also great if they have a good crowd. Also am a big fan of Spaten Optimator, which is one of my favorite drinks around the lake.

Don't let the family seating style bother you, it has never been a problem for me. Though I imagine if I was at a table with vegetarians it would be interesting.

captain marvel1

that and they were either French or Ukrainian. anyway lets just say the waiter im sure would have strangled them. if we werent sitting at the table lol.;)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I must be missing something, the food is basicaly pork, chicken and suasages simply cooked in what seems to me to be fairly traditional German styleee. Nothing to be overly picked at, its certainly no poorer eating than any of Disneys other buffets.

The seating is never an issue for us as we accept that by going to the US you may end up having to meet some of the inhabitants.

sweetpee_1993

I dunno. Biergarten used to be one of our family's must-do's. In terms of the food, we feel like the quality has diminished a little more each time we go. I can always get better German food at my Gramma's house. :shrug:

The seating with other people is something we've always enjoyed. We like meeting new people & have yet to come across an anti-social group. From the older couple from up north escaping the blizzard (I was full of questions about snow & basements since I've never lived with either of those things :lol:) to the young family who's daughter was celebrating her birthday on the same day as my hubby so we shared our birthday cake that I had ordered with them...it's always fun. My brother and I had a real fun experience this past May with the super-southern family who had never been to Biergarten before or experienced that sort of seating arrangements. They walked ahead of us with the seating lady. When we arrived at our table they all lined up in one solid line across one side of the table so they would've been facing every one of us. They had the most confused expressions. My brother & I just shrugged & figured "Okay. We'll play along" but the dad piped right up in his deep drawl before anyone could sit, "Uh...maybe we ought-tah swap a couple these yungins around so we kin sit with are own folks." I almost died laughing. They were so cute. Their little boy was a pretty fussy eater but they got him to eat the brats by convincing him they were hot dogs. We enjoyed their company. We have lots of super-southern family, too, so it was all good and we could even speak-the-speak. :ROFLOL:

TxNewsies

My DH LOVES the Beirgarten. He's a big fan of German food. On our first trip, we had lunch there. I am not a fan of German food so I was nervous about going - I thought I would find nothing to eat. I was wrong! I kept going back for food. I LOVED the atmosphere! Simply gorgeous! Plus the entertainment is great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom