Thought I would share...

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So I have today off...so I am being productive :)

This is how I plan what to pack! hee hee That is each day of the week for just me - still need to add what hubby is wearing. I have had the lists of ideas for outfits, as well as outfits I have pinned on Pinterest. I've ordered most of the new clothes - just a few more things!! The luggage comes out when I get my travel docs! Which should be in a about 2 weeks as I am 47 days out! WOO HOO

2012-07-27

Alison1975

Holy smokes. Suddenly I feel like my X chromosome is defective. Your outfits are so...intricate! I don't bother with belts and coordinated accessories. I pack like this: how many days? 8. Good. I need 8 pairs of shorts, 8 shirts, 12 pairs of undergarments, one pair of Teva's, one pair of Birkenstocks, one pair of athletic shoes and 5 pairs of socks. If we are going out someplace nice, I will pack 2 'Travelers' dresses from Chicos that don't need ironing. Everything fits in one small suitcase.
Ta da! :p

Ha if yours is defective mine is broke..I've worn a dress three times since I was 8. Once for my first communion, once for my wedding and then once for my daughter's first communion..lol. I'm a tshirt and jeans kinda girl

Upvote 0

CB2@disney

Holy smokes. Suddenly I feel like my X chromosome is defective. Your outfits are so...intricate! I don't bother with belts and coordinated accessories. I pack like this: how many days? 8. Good. I need 8 pairs of shorts, 8 shirts, 12 pairs of undergarments, one pair of Teva's, one pair of Birkenstocks, one pair of athletic shoes and 5 pairs of socks. If we are going out someplace nice, I will pack 2 'Travelers' dresses from Chicos that don't need ironing. Everything fits in one small suitcase.

I know how you feel. I don't do that either... belts and dresses. It is always just myself and my son that go so we don't do "Nice" places to eat. We are going in Jan so we are going to be doing jeans and tennis shoes and t-shirts. Being a gemologist though I'm all about jewlery. I don't know if you are on penterest or not but they have all these things with disney character inspired outfits...so fun. I'm going to try to be more subtle though. For example I have a really light blue long sleeve kind of sparkly shirt that will be my base for cinderella...then I'm going to wear heart earrings (a wish your heart makes) and I have an old watch that doesn't work that is really pretty (i'm going to take the bracelet off and set the time to midnight) and wear it as a necklace. Things like that. It's make it much for fun to pick out what to bring. Hopefully with just adding jewelry I'll still be able to just do carry on.

Upvote 0

mickeysbrother

7 pairs of underwear plus 3 more just in case. 7 pairs of socks plus 3 more just in case. 7 pairs of shorts 2 pairs of jeans 1 sweater cause u just never know. 2 swimming trunks. my hat my man purse yes a man purse lol... 7 t shrts tank tops and 4 pairs of shoes. Thats it. nice a quick. Then i just mix and match over there.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I know how you feel. I don't do that either... belts and dresses. It is always just myself and my son that go so we don't do "Nice" places to eat. We are going in Jan so we are going to be doing jeans and tennis shoes and t-shirts. Being a gemologist though I'm all about jewlery. I don't know if you are on penterest or not but they have all these things with disney character inspired outfits...so fun. I'm going to try to be more subtle though. For example I have a really light blue long sleeve kind of sparkly shirt that will be my base for cinderella...then I'm going to wear heart earrings (a wish your heart makes) and I have an old watch that doesn't work that is really pretty (i'm going to take the bracelet off and set the time to midnight) and wear it as a necklace. Things like that. It's make it much for fun to pick out what to bring. Hopefully with just adding jewelry I'll still be able to just do carry on.

The belt thing is kind of funny! I pack for both my DH and I ... and every year... no matter where we go...I forget to pack a belt. I'm not sure why, its like a mental glitch! So I know add things like "belt" to the list! We have bought more new belts then I care to remember! :) hee hee I'm in love with maxi dresses this summer so they are "dresses" but i'm not talking like real "dresses". :) hee hee

I am on Pinterest. I love it! So addicted! I have a whole board devoted to "dressing disney" with those disney inspired outfits! Aren't they amazing! I love your ideas!!!! :) I was thinking of doing that this year but I would have to buy too much stuff! ha! But I wish I could! Amazing! I stick with colors that are like the park. For example, animal prints, browns, greens, ivory for Animal Kingdom. And black, white, and reds for MK (Mickey). It does make it so much fun when you plan and pick your outfits! It is just adding to and extending the Disney experience!!!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
HAHAH that's awesome...I do the same thing and my DH always pics on me. At least I know I have a kindred spirit out there like me ;) Happy travels!!

Yeah! I am so glad to have other people that do this too! My DH saw the pic and he just rolled his eyes and walked out of the room! :D

Upvote 0

MagicKat103

Yeah! I am so glad to have other people that do this too! My DH saw the pic and he just rolled his eyes and walked out of the room! :D
yup, were are here...few and far between, but we are here..
I have a standard packing list with stuff for the fam (DH, DD's 6 and 3)...but when it comes to the outfits, I have to write them down...otherwise we'll end up with 8 pairs of socks (when we all wear flip flops) and no underwear(don't laugh...I did forget underwear before!). :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
yup, were are here...few and far between, but we are here..
I have a standard packing list with stuff for the fam (DH, DD's 6 and 3)...but when it comes to the outfits, I have to write them down...otherwise we'll end up with 8 pairs of socks (when we all wear flip flops) and no underwear(don't laugh...I did forget underwear before!). :)

hee hee I totaly agree! I posted previously about always, without fail, forgetting my DH's belt! :D

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

I....love...it! And I thought I was over doing it last year when I took pictures of all of mine and hubby's outfits so that I could "coordinate" what we wore on what day. This year is even more fun because we have a three day cruise before we hit the parks. Every outfit is a 20 minute discussion on "park or cruise?". I love hearing about how others plan their trips.

Upvote 0

minnielaw

Oh wow....I feel so inadequate now :oops:

I just started following you on Pinterest! I am addicted too and I have a Disney Crack board....may need to add a Disney Fashion board now.

I would totally LOVE to buy a new wardrobe just for WDW with Disney inspired outfits...I am not really into the over-the-top Disney dressing. However, my budget will not allow it....getting ready to do back to school shopping for two boys...one of whom is already in men's shoes and men's clothes!

Thank you for the feelings of inadequacy, LOL and the ideas!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Thats how I do it. One pair jeans and one top per day. A few shorts. Two pair tennis shoes, undies. Done. Doesn't matter what day of the week it is. It all works out so no need to do any laundry either.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I....love...it! And I thought I was over doing it last year when I took pictures of all of mine and hubby's outfits so that I could "coordinate" what we wore on what day. This year is even more fun because we have a three day cruise before we hit the parks. Every outfit is a 20 minute discussion on "park or cruise?". I love hearing about how others plan their trips.

No, not at all! I am taking pics once the remaining pieces arrive in the mail! :) hee hee Have fun picking out Cruise outfits!!! So fun!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Oh wow....I feel so inadequate now :oops:

I just started following you on Pinterest! I am addicted too and I have a Disney Crack board....may need to add a Disney Fashion board now.

I would totally LOVE to buy a new wardrobe just for WDW with Disney inspired outfits...I am not really into the over-the-top Disney dressing. However, my budget will not allow it....getting ready to do back to school shopping for two boys...one of whom is already in men's shoes and men's clothes!

Thank you for the feelings of inadequacy, LOL and the ideas!

Oh great!! I love Pinterest! The Disney Fashion is just fun. Can you imagine walking around the park in some of those outfits!! What I do is get inspired by the ideas on the Fashionista page and then put together the outfits. I would say 9 times out of 10, I have the stuff in my closet and just don't think of putting the items together. So like a red and white stripped tank top from old navy and a white cardigan boyfriend sweater with a pair of jeans with the cuffs rolled up. I had all that! Just never thought of putting it together. :) Its so inspiring!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom