Thought I heard it all! Ride rumors!!!

ThankstoMOM

Original Poster
So my brother-in-law says to me, (knowing DW and I are Disney know it alls) that his co-workers swears that on ToT at WDW if you sit in a specific seat before you enter the drop shaft that CMs pull people out of there seat threw a trap door in ceiling to scare other riders into thinking they disappear??? He said its the top row middle seat, and that it has happened to him. I said BS big time, major BS!! Never ever heard of this. He even just texted me saying this kids swears by it, after I told him to tell his buddy he's full of Sh**. Best worst rumor ever! I hope!

Last edited:

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
I believe that rumor is one giant pile of......

triceratops2.jpg

Disvillain63

That particular seat used to be the only one that had just a seatbelt. The others had a lap bar. However, there is NOT a trapped door for that seat.

The Empress Lilly

Your brother-in-law's co-workers are entirely correct.

It is this seat, where the girl 'victim' (here a female CM) is sitting, that gets emptied:
2824433893_7f7648d16e.jpg

Here you see the full elevator, going up:
images

And here you see the same elevator, going down. Note the guest in the middle of the back row (the female CM seat) has been emptied mid-ride!
Tower-of-Terror.jpg

tare

Wow this would be cool. But so full of bull. I've sat in that seat a few times and never happened to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom