Thor to Norway?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Wonder when/if we will see the Son of Odin make an Epcot debut. Has he already? I am truly still shocked by the lack of Norse mythology currently at the attraction as it is.

Cmdr_Crimson

Lord I hope not..Heck let's put The Incredible Hulk in China..:brick:. Marvel shall not lay thy foot in World Showcase or Future World!!.....

Phonedave

Wonder when/if we will see the Son of Odin make an Epcot debut. Has he already? I am truly still shocked by the lack of Norse mythology currently at the attraction as it is.

Thor the Norse God of War belongs in the Norway pavilion. Thor the Marvel character does not.

-dave

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm not so sure guys, they already started selling MARVEL merchandise in the parks... :lookaroun

Uh oh, next thing that's happening is taking half of the fantasyland expansion for a new marvel land, with demolishing TISW! NOT TO MENTION THE FIRST MEET & GREET OF Captain Duck, Spider-Mouse, GoofyMan, and DoctorPete! :eek:

-for those marvel not-so-in-to's: Captain America, Spiderman, IronMan, and Doctor Doom-

Highlight: Let's just be happy they didn't buy Looney Tunes and change Splash Mountain into Bugs Bunny-Mountain and Country Bear Jamboree into The Looney Tune Country Melody! :D...:lookaroun...:D

Magenta Panther

Lord I hope not..Heck let's put The Incredible Hulk in China..:brick:. Marvel shall not lay thy foot in World Showcase or Future World!!.....

Or anyplace else in the park, I hope! Disney can just rake in the bucks from Marvel movies and sell Marvel merch at Wal-Mart, but I don't want to see one speck of Spidey, Hulk, Thor or ANY of those guys at the parks!!!!

(wishful thinking, I know...)

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Thor the Norse God of War belongs in the Norway pavilion. Thor the Marvel character does not.

-dave

That was more my point. Marvel was just the hook.

I have always been kinda bummed by the lack of educational opportunity in what is a very neglected mythology.

Guests leave the pavilion wondering why they are yelled at by a multiheaded creature that looks nothing like the wood carving in the shop.

Even searching through the shop, there are just a few books tucked away that really showcase this rich part of the culture.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Or anyplace else in the park, I hope! Disney can just rake in the bucks from Marvel movies and sell Marvel merch at Wal-Mart, but I don't want to see one speck of Spidey, Hulk, Thor or ANY of those guys at the parks!!!!

(wishful thinking, I know...)

It would be even worse if they pandered to the masses by looking outside the company for attraction inspiration.

Like space fantasy franchises. Or children's stories written to benefit an orphanage. Or fronting some money to a company that produces films about toys that have been in the marketplace for decades and rebrand the film as their own because of having distribution rights.

Let's not fool ourselvses. Disney stole plenty of public domain ideas and created entire franchises out of them. You know that fairy that buzzes around before every Disney film - NOT REALLY DISNEY!!! Yeah, the one that is like the 3rd or 4th best known logo for the company is stealing money from orphans.

Be sure to do a little research before damning the Marvel franchises. At least they were properties that were paid for and not strongarmed away like Pixar or straight up thieved like Tinker Bell.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I just don't see the idea of any Marvel characters laying foot in an Experimatal Prototype Community of Tommorow...They have no reason to be there..

Who currently lives in this community...oh yeah, that idea died with Uncle Walt. Now they just put whatever the heck they want to in there. Not transprtation, or living, just more consumerism than any other Disney park. Totally the idealistic community. For sure. The park already failed the namesake. No need to hide behind it.

rkelly42

Please keep marvel out of WS. I enjoy the WS as is, no need for character meet and greets. I do understand the want to the mythology at Norway, lets just leave the characters out of it.

SeaBase86

Why does everyone hate Marvel? I don't understand what's the issue with having DISNEY characters in a DISNEY park. Can someone explain? Face it Epcot is a park not a community, those ideas are gone and are never coming back (as much as I miss traveling 2 inches underneath Epcot to SeaBase).

But it's ok for snow white to have a meet n greet in Germany right? She wasn't always a Disney character but everybody praises her. Why no love for Marvel?

I hope 1 day Marvel shows up in one of the parks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

-dave
hitnail.jpg

powlessfamily4

It would be even worse if they pandered to the masses by looking outside the company for attraction inspiration.

Like space fantasy franchises. Or children's stories written to benefit an orphanage. Or fronting some money to a company that produces films about toys that have been in the marketplace for decades and rebrand the film as their own because of having distribution rights.

Let's not fool ourselvses. Disney stole plenty of public domain ideas and created entire franchises out of them. You know that fairy that buzzes around before every Disney film - NOT REALLY DISNEY!!! Yeah, the one that is like the 3rd or 4th best known logo for the company is stealing money from orphans.

Be sure to do a little research before damning the Marvel franchises. At least they were properties that were paid for and not strongarmed away like Pixar or straight up thieved like Tinker Bell.

Wow - If you feel that way... why would you want to put your beloved Thor amongst such thieves and cons?

No one is saying Thor the mythological God doesn't belong in Norway. They are saying Thor the Superhero does not. They are different. Study up on Mythology and you will realize that. Larry Lieber, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby (see I did my research) were not part of Mythology. They created a fictional superhero based on the Mythological diety. :hammer:

Why don't you try Six Flags, they have superheros in their park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom