1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Thor: Ragnarok

Discussion in 'Animation, Movies, TV' started by Dead2009, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvels-thor-ragnarok-will-be-a-road-movie-hulk-st/1100-6434017/

While it seems unlikely that we'll see a standalone Hulk movie any time soon, the green-skinned Avenger is set to play a major role in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok. Hulk star Mark Ruffalo has been speaking about what fans can expect from his team-up with the Norse god.

In an interview with Empire, Ruffalo revealed a surprising influence on the tone of the third Thor movie. "There's a little bit of Midnight Run, with [Charles] Grodin and [Robert] De Niro," he said, referring to the classic 1988 comedy. "I feel like that's kind of where we're heading with this relationship between Thor and Banner.

"It is a universal road movie--that's where we're heading. It's not where you'd think it will be, so it's not your classic road movie but it has that structure, I think."

Ruffalo's comments about the comedic aspects of the movie fit with the choice of director for the project. In October, it was reported by BDM that New Zealand director Taika Waititi had signed on to helm the movie. Waititi's previous films are the acclaimed comedies What We Do in the Shadows and Eagle Vs Shark, and he was chosen by Marvel executives to reportedly "balance out the grimness" of the Ragnarok script.

Beholder likes this.
  2. RandomPrincess

RandomPrincess Keep Moving Forward Premium Member

Today is Thor day it would seem - They really should have done these announcements yesterday ;)

[​IMG]

Two-time Oscar®-winner Cate Blanchett (“Blue Jasmine,” “Carol, “Cinderella”) joins Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok” as the mysterious and powerful new villain Hela, along with Jeff Goldblum (the upcoming “Independence Day: Resurgence,” “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” “Jurassic Park”) who joins the cast as the eccentric Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson (“Creed,” “Selma”) who will bring the classic hero Valkyrie to life on the big screen, and Karl Urban (“Star Trek” trilogy, “The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King”) who will add his might to the fray as Skurge.

Rounding out the cast for the film is three-time Oscar®-nominee Mark Ruffalo (“Spotlight,” “The Kids Are All Right,” “Foxcatcher”), reprising his role of Bruce Banner/the Hulk from “Marvel’s The Avengers” and Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

“The continuation of the epic Thor franchise will be powerful and unique, and with the additions of Cate, Jeff, Tessa, Karl, and Mark to the cast we have the makings of his most dangerous and heroic adventure yet,” said Producer Kevin Feige. “The sheer, raw talent each of these actors brings to the screen can’t be quantified. Having any one of them join the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be an honor, and having all of them is incredible."

Thor’s new cast members join returning stars Chris Hemsworth (“Rush,” “In the Heart of the Sea,” “Ghostbusters”) in the title role for the fifth time; Tom Hiddleston (“Crimson Peak,” “The Night Manager,” “Kong: Skull Island”) as Thor’s adversarial, adopted brother, Loki; Golden Globe® and Screen Actors Guild Award winner Idris Elba (“The Dark Tower,” “Luther,” “Beasts of No Nation”) as the Asgardian sentry, Heimdall; and Academy Award®-winner Sir Anthony Hopkins (“Silence of the Lambs,” “Nixon,” “Hitchcock”) again portraying Odin, Ruler of Asgard.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/26203...ighly_anticipated_thor_ragnarok#ixzz49EQ3arIR

hakunamatata likes this.
  3. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Natalie Portman says that she is done with the MCU
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/thor-actress-natalie-portman-says-182600351.html

4. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

Her movie will make no money but might win an Oscar.

5. RandomPrincess

Hints that Doctor Strange may appear in Ragnarok. A picture was posted from the set of Thor/Hemsworth holding a piece of paper with Doctor Strange's address on it.

6. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member Original Poster

7. hakunamatata

hakunamatata Love Me Some Fast Passes Premium Member

May end up being the best of the Thor movies.

SosoDude likes this.
  8. RandomPrincess

9. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

Holy flip, I got really excited for this really fast.

That looks way better than I was expecting.

SosoDude and RandomPrincess like this.
  10. hakunamatata

Oh wow. That looks pretty danged good.

RandomPrincess and Princess Leia like this.
  11. hakunamatata

He has been on Earth enough to pick up thise kind of phrases. Just be glad he isnt breaking out with gangster rap or something.

Jahona and Princess Leia like this.
  12. Jahona

Jahona Well-Known Member

Man watching this trailer a few times just pumps me for this movie. Thor's humor with a bit of serious tone mix well together.

Princess Leia and RandomPrincess like this.
  13. peterpanic74

peterpanic74 Active Member

WOW this is a fantaaaaaastic trailer!

RandomPrincess likes this.
  14. RandomPrincess

I know but it's still Thor a god basically say this is my work friend which makes it amusing to me.

15. hakunamatata

I think its kind of exciting to see some of the other characters cross over in the stand alone sequals. Iron Man in Spidy. Falcon in Ant Man.

Now if we could just get a Black Widow/Hawkeye back story movie.

16. RandomPrincess

17. DisneyJayL

DisneyJayL Well-Known Member

I really wanted this to be good, but this exceeded my expectations in a big way.

18. SosoDude

SosoDude Well-Known Member

LOVE the whole vibe of this trailer. Exceeded my expectations. Love the funky 80's feel of the Ragnarok wording sweeping on the screen at the end, with the retro rainbow color scheme. This trailer excites me about the movie and the future of the MCU.

Princess Leia likes this.
  19. DisneyJayL

DisneyJayL Well-Known Member

It appears that Disney has now truly removed the shackles and let Marvel be Marvel. Though I like IM2, you can se that Disney dumbed down the movie. I guess that paid off too.

fractal and SosoDude like this.
  20. RandomPrincess

Disney has reportedly been very hands off with Marvel and Star Wars.

SosoDude and DisneyJayL like this.