This year's Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be based around 'Frozen'

parker4fm

Whats depressing is that WDW still has and uses most of those parade floats while the floats in the Disneyland portion are long gone.

The Disneyland Christmas parade is now in its 20th season! It has seen better days. I just saw it Saturday.

draybook

So since their incorporating Frozen into the parks a lot you think they've stopped being creative and imaginative?

Also, what logic are you using in your crow statement? I haven't been proven wrong in the least bit here. I'm all for Frozen being implemented in the parks as long as their still making money off it. I personally am not a fan of Star Wars but I don't complain that DHS turns into Stars Wars central in May and they will probably be getting a dedicated land for it too. I'm fine with that if TDO thinks that is what most guests want and it will be cost effective and that's what going on with Frozen too. The ROI is too big to pass up and that is exactly what it comes down to because no matter how you look at WDW, its still just a business.

So you think that stamping Frozen all over the parks is original and creative? And don't take it to heart, my statement was meant for EVERYONE that was saying there wasn't a Frozen overload going on at Disney World. Even Stevie Wonder could see it.

parker4fm

They were filming the Disneyland portions for the Christmas TV special this weekend in both Anaheim parks.

Here's the sign up in Cars Land guarding the equipment to be used for a Country Western musical segment. You can see the logo for the "Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration" special.
DSC_0836-L.jpg

Here's the Frozen stage up in front of Disneyland's Castle for some musical production number with a B List celebrity I never know.
DSC_9341-L.jpg

DSC_9348-M.jpg

Disneyland's Christmas Fantasy Parade also started twice-daily performances this weekend through January 4th (a week earlier than normal!), and here's the Frozen float in that Christmas parade.
DSC_0028-L.jpg

Merry Frozenmas everyone! :rolleyes:

Trisha Yearwood in Cars Land would have been the only interesting performance.

Vegas Disney Fan

Agree.

Looking at all the *Frozen* offerings in the Parks for the Holidays now in 2014 makes it feel like the movie is coming out THIS year...at least, it does if you are old enough to remember how the Company used to play the promotion game.

If this was the early 1990s, this is the type of promotion we would be seeing in the Parks before the films release.
In 2013, most of the pre-release promotion focused on social media for the most part, with a Meet & Greet option added about a month before.
No big *in-Park* promotional push was really seen until the film *proved itself* successful.
Back in the day, it was the complete opposite.

It's an apples/oranges comparison at this point. In 1990 they were trying to attract park goers to the movie, with everything they are doing today they are trying to attract the hundreds of millions of people who saw the movie to the parks.

What they are doing with Frozen isn't about the movie anymore, it's like Star Wars weekend, that has nothing to do with getting people to go out and buy Star Wars movies, it's all about attracting the huge fan base to visit a park.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

just opinion but its a little unfair to other movies that frozen gets to take over everything. Why cant they try to incorporate all their movies in stuff instead of just Frozen and pixar?

Again, they're focusing on things that will appeal to guests and more importantly move merchandise. Yes, they CAN put Black Cauldron in there, but only like 3 hardcore fans would care. Currently, Frozen and Pixar provide an excellent return on investment.

TP2000

Trisha Yearwood in Cars Land would have been the only interesting performance.

The Cars Land concert this weekend for the Frozen Christmas TV Special was a young lady named Lucy Hale. Never heard of her.
110914-kabc-disney-frozen-christmas-img3.jpg

The concert in front of Disneyland's Castle this weekend were these gentlemen. "Trey Songz" was listed as the act's name, but I'm not sure if that's the name of the lead singer or the entire band. The Temptations they are not.
DSC04384-M.jpg

They seem to have gone with C Listers this year, instead of the usual B Listers, to support the Frozen theme.

Diznyfan

I get the appeal to use the most popular movie and use it everywhere, but in a few years it will just be a phase like the previous movie hits. I am curious though on the new format that was mentioned, I wonder how much different it will really be. The stage looks nice but I hope that's not it for the "something new" piece.

DisneyDreamer08

Lucy Hale is awesome actually. She's a singer (mostly country now) and also stars on Pretty Little Liars. I'm sure most of her fan base is tweens/teens/young adults so perfect for Disney.

DisneyDreamer08

Also, are they still filming the WDW stuff the 1st weekend in Dec? We will definitely be in MK Friday the 5th, and maybe Sat the 6th. From what I've read, crowds can be crazy on Main St and the hub but not as bad else where throughout the park? I'm hoping this is still the case but wondering if the new Frozen theme will pull in more people? We are in Disney that whole week but could only get A&E FPs on Friday at 1:30.

Dukeblue1227

You can tell a lot from these Frozen based threads about who on this forum has anything to do with either owning, running or managing a successful business/company. Its very simple here people

I'd have gotten dressed up if I knew Warren buffet was joining us!

What a grotesquely condescending post completely overlooking basic human nature. Disney has been printing money for years and how much have we seen get meaningfully reinvested into the parks in a way that really excited anyone? Therefore, anyone who has a problem with this doesn't care about how big Disneys pockets get. People have a problem with it because the company has been churning out crap for a decade and they hit the lottery here and instead of its old principles of quality over quantity they're milking the heck out of it and watering it down. Oversaturation in the market is not a good thing and over time affects the value of a commodity, thus cheapening frozen and the Disney experience as a whole.

If your sole purpose for being excited about this is because Yay Disney go make more money, then clearly you've been brainwashed. But it doesn't give you right to make a condescending post saying people who don't like this decision "clearly don't know what it takes to run a successful company."

I'm shocked you even get an Internet signal that high up on your horse.

R W B

I'd have gotten dressed up if I knew Warren buffet was joining us!

What a grotesquely condescending post completely overlooking basic human nature. Disney has been printing money for years and how much have we seen get meaningfully reinvested into the parks in a way that really excited anyone? Therefore, anyone who has a problem with this doesn't care about how big Disneys pockets get. People have a problem with it because the company has been churning out **** for a decade and they hit the lottery here and instead of its old principles of quality over quantity they're milking the heck out of it and watering it down. Oversaturation in the market is not a good thing and over time affects the value of a commodity, thus cheapening frozen and the Disney experience as a whole.

If your sole purpose for being excited about this is because Yay Disney go make more money, then clearly you've been brainwashed. But it doesn't give you right to make a condescending post saying people who don't like this decision "clearly don't know what it takes to run a successful company."

I'm shocked you even get an Internet signal that high up on your horse.
Hahaha, we'll said sir/ma'am. Thanks for thinking so highly of me. The Internet signal use to be a little weak up here but since LTE started I've been using mobile devices and its good now.

Can't really tell you anything, you've already made your mind up about it all except this, I'd say my post was more Donald Trump-esk, Buffet is too nice of a man to say something like that.

Oh actually I will say one thing, just because you feel they have been putting **** out the past 10 years doesn't mean everyone thinks that. Sure a lot on this forum and others would agree with you but theirs also thousands out there who would disagree 100% and that is why the parks stay so busy becau.....wait, never mind. Your mind is already made up.

YankeeMouse

We've gone every year for the past 5 or so years, always Friday and Saturday with rain day on Sunday. Are these really the dates, not that I doubt the authenticity of the info on my favorite website, WDWMagic. But a Monday and Tuesday seems odd. We planned our trip around going to the parade (yes, I know we are the exception) because we like to see ourselves on Xmas morning on Main St. Real dates?

TheRabbit

We've gone every year for the past 5 or so years, always Friday and Saturday with rain day on Sunday. Are these really the dates, not that I doubt the authenticity of the info on my favorite website, WDWMagic. But a Monday and Tuesday seems odd. We planned our trip around going to the parade (yes, I know we are the exception) because we like to see ourselves on Xmas morning on Main St. Real dates?
I agree. Still waiting on Steve to confirm.

FutureCEO

just opinion but its a little unfair to other movies that frozen gets to take over everything. Why cant they try to incorporate all their movies in stuff instead of just Frozen and pixar?

I'm still looking for a Wall E ride! To be fair, Pixar movies are fantastic. Or were fantastic. While I'm holding out hope the Finding Dory will be great like the first one, Pixar's track record with equals are horrible with the exception of Toy Story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom