This year's Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be based around 'Frozen'

Tony Perkis

So you aren't a big fan of it, truly- so what? Newsflash- something can be a cultural phenomenon without Your participation.

No, it shouldn't because NO ONE is forcing you to like it. The idea that anyone who expresses a positive opinion of Frozen is somehow shoving it down your throat is a bit odd.

No kidding, heard you the first thousand times.
We get it.

You like Frozen, and people who don't should avoid Disney completely.

Because Disney is mostly Frozen and little else currently.

Seems fair.

Kman101

So you aren't a big fan of it, truly- so what? Newsflash- something can be a cultural phenomenon without Your participation.

No, it shouldn't because NO ONE is forcing you to like it. The idea that anyone who expresses a positive opinion of Frozen is somehow shoving it down your throat is a bit odd.

No kidding, heard you the first thousand times.

What a rude response. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I guess you don't respect others opinions. Furthers my point that Frozen-ites act like they're being personally attacked if you don't like it. To each their own. Have a nice day :D

Matt_Black

What a rude response. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I guess you don't respect others opinions. Furthers my point that Frozen-ites act like they're being personally attacked if you don't like it. To each their own. Have a nice day :D

How was jensenrick rude? He was certainly very blunt and to-the-point, but he didn't resort to name-calling or insults. I'll grant you, the last sentence was a touch sarcastic, but I'd think every WDWMagic forum member has built up a high tolerance to sarcasm.

Maerj

Too many musical acts, too many sob stories and not enough parades and parks! They accidentally let some parades appear in the background for a couple of shots but that was about it. Not a very good special this year, in my opinion. In the past they've been nothing but 2 hour long commercials, which wasn't good either. But with several big, expensive, high-profile movies coming out this year, you'd think that they would have done SOME sort of promotion. No ads for Star Wars or Avengers 2 during the commercial breaks? Did they even show the Disney characters during this special? If they did, it wasn't very much.

Better luck next year!

Kman101

How was jensenrick rude? He was certainly very blunt and to-the-point, but he didn't resort to name-calling or insults. I'll grant you, the last sentence was a touch sarcastic, but I'd think every WDWMagic forum member has built up a high tolerance to sarcasm.

Not sure why you need to jump in. But it came off rude to me. And being rude doesn't mean resorting to name calling and insults. I don't pick apart anyone's opinion on how much they love Frozen. I expressed, IMO, a well thought out, fair opinion, and he CHOSE to pick apart my statement for whatever reason. All he did was prove my point that you can't express dislike for the movie without an over the top reaction. Sheesh. Heaven forbid someone doesn't like Frozen!

216bruce

Let's see...next to no parade, lousy versions of great songs from "Frozen", nothing special at all. First one in memory that I didn't enjoy. For the record, I enjoy Frozen, don't care either way about Tim Tebow and continue to think that the bitchiness on the forum is silly.

ExtinctJenn

I started looking through all my old trip photos and can't believe how long that float has been around! Thanks to those that mentioned it was more than just my memory remembered!

Figaro928

My mom and sister were there for the Arianna Grande's adoring crowd taping. It was pouring rain and Grande wasn't there - a stand in stood on stage while a director told the audience when and how to wave their hands. A CM told my mom that Grande refused to tape that day because it was raining and it would mess up her hair and make up. Regardless of what really happened, my mom and sister were bummed because they participated in the fake taping in the rain and then watched the entire special to find out the had been cut. (no ponchos were seen in the special) My guess was that it would have look odd to have a poncho filled wet-rat crowd dancing and singing with a dry Grande with perfect hair and makeup. :p

mm121

Does anybody know how to start a petition and the right place to send it to? Maybe if enough of us sign it to voice our displeasure over this year's mess, then they will do something about it?
change.org is a good place to start one
Do They really work? I mean you bring up hundreds and thousands of names saying to change something they would not give a dang about and just go the easy way out.
shred.gif
sometimes they do really work,

there was one about girly legos that got a response from the company
and there was one from a little girl about wanting a boy/gender neutral color easy bake oven for her brother that liked cooking.
Just found a petition website...ipetitions.com if anyone starts one please share the link!

never heard of ipetitions.com i did start one on change.org for a different cause once though

yensid67

never heard of ipetitions.com i did start one on change.org for a different cause once though

I never did either, but I just email ABC to voice my disappointment...
go to

ABC.go.com/feedback

and leave your opinion for OTHER show!

At least SOMEONE at ABC will get it!

yensid67

They don't take criticism well, do they? They will learn that they should have taken the criticism when their viewership for the 'Christmas program' is taking a major hit next year!

Cosmic Commando

I was just deleting the "parade" off of my DVR, and I watched the first couple of minutes again. I remembered that it actually seemed like a preview for a show I'd like to watch! They showed Epcot, BTMRR and Splash, Disneyland AND MK, Cars Land, Osborne, etc. It really got my hopes up that they might actually show some stuff about the parks. With a few tweaks, the first 90 seconds would make a pretty good commercial by themselves.

NearTheEars

This is so bad.
Watching now.
It's a concert with artists I'd never watch.
I mean, Train?
Wow.
Biggest Entertainment company in the world and they have Train.
Frozen overdose.

Whoa whoa whoa, that's the 3-time Grammy-Award winning band Train you are talking about. A band that's found success in both the 90s and 00s.

Yes I am a fan.

The rest of the show was bad. Only defending Train.

Last edited:

NearTheEars

Having a Grammy means nothing. Who Let the Dogs Out is a Grammy winning song.

One could be a fluke. But three? That's pretty consistent. Not to mention the multiple gold/platinum albums.

But, alas, being a fan I am completely biased.

So just trying to lay the facts out and show they have been recognized in the highest form by their industry.

Rescue Ranger

After 10min I had to turn it off. Deleted it already from my PVR. Couldn't handle watching it. I kept wondering when there was going to be an actual parade....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom