This year's Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be based around 'Frozen'

Vegas Disney Fan

I love all things Disney and am often accused of being a Disney apologist but even I was disappointed in this years special. I DVR'd it but ended up fast forwarding through so much of it I was finished in under an hour.

I go for the resorts, the parks, the scenery, the rides, the parades, etc, etc, etc and I watch the Christmas special to see the parks, the rides, the parades, etc, etc and to remember all the great times I've had in the parks, other than a few shots of Main Street USA I don't think I had any "ooh I've been there" or "ooh I can't wait to see/ride that" moments this whole special. AK, HS, Epcot, DCA, the resorts, and the Cruise ships were MIA.

I'd rather they just give me a 2 hour commercial showing all the resorts, parades, parks, rides, decorations, and everything else I love about Disney than 2 hours of musical acts I'm not very interested in.

PorterRedkey

I did like the show when the parade was the main focus with other performances sprinkled in through out presentation.

I watch fully realizing it is one giant commercial for Disney. I love Disney, so that is okay with me. I want to see all of Disney on display. My favorite parts in past years have been when the host talks about the new attractions or even better, attractions currently being built at the resorts. Sadly, nothing again this year. :(

The perfomances this year were lacking, although I did think that the 12 year-old at the end had an awesome voice coming out of that tiny body.

**edited for clarity

MMDDGPCDC

This year really lacked in the Parade! Seeing the behind the scenes of them filming and all the floats they used it seemed they either missed floats out, skipped over them or didn't mention them. Seeing as it is known as being a Parade I would have thought Disney would have kept it traditional. Maybe that's why the called it a "Christmas Celebration" rather than " Christmas Parade" because there barely was any parade. With all the Characters and Floats they have in both WDW and DL, they could have extended it and used Disneyland to also do a Parade. However using Aulani and the Disney Cruise Line was a great idea! I though Robin Roberts and Sarah Hyland were good hosts and the Walt Disney World performances were wonderful. On the other hand, who were some of the Performers?! Stop Merchandising Disney and give the fans what they expect and that's Magic and Characters! (Also the end CGI was really bad because some people were looking in the completely wrong place!) Get rid of the Frozen idea and get back to the Christmas Parade! I do live in the UK and have only seen this on Youtube so if any of this is wrong and I missed something please feel free to tell me.

mm121

It's a good thing that the word "parade" didn't show up in the title at all then, isn't it?
it being a parade is a TRADITION, just one of many traditions disney has been destroying.
This was not what I expected. Sad to see that after all these years that Frozen was able to boot the parade from the Disney's Christmas Day Parade. While I enjoyed the movie Frozen, this has just gone too far. :arghh: :banghead:
CRAZY CRAZY, Frozen is taking over all of disney and not in a good way.

rather than milking disney for every penny its worth, would be nice if they'd focus on releasing one movie of frozen quality each year
Just thought a thread to critique the parade/infomercial would be in order!

My Thoughts:
Personally, I thought it LACKED A LOT from previous years. Yes, its a BIG advertisement for Disney properties, but something was missing this year. The music...can we talk about the music? Lexi Walker was AMAZING! Ariana was OK, Trisha Yearwood's last song was OK, Prince Songz was OK...the others were a waste of money, time and energy. The way it was filmed in Liberty Square took away from the nostalgia for me. Having the parade on MSUSA would have been better. Actually if they would film a parade and not just the floats. I think they should have a band or 2, Disney celebrities motorcade, and Santa AT THE END and not the beginning! It was always so magical to have Santa arrive on MSUSA and have the confetti blasts at the end of the program! I was disappointed once again by Disney(the last time was my 2013 vacation)
But there always is next year and hope they do something better!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY FRIENDS!
It's always been a commercial, but its also been entertaining, and holiday.

This year was just STUPID!

Seemed like they possibly filmed enough parade segments they just didn't air them like that

and why not use some of the parades from FoF and the Christmas Parade.
Yeah. I refuse to watch anymore. Just one big long commercial for a vacation that 65% of Americans will never be able to afford anyway.

even if they could, its so crowded sometimes it has to be the worst vacation ever

I dont know who the heck would go there on christmas, the photos from today look horrible, wall to wall people

Sage of Time

Boring parade. Didn't show off the parks at all. Only about pop stars and trends, not the true spirit of the parks.

At least it seemed calmer and less manic, than in years past.

And that CGI finale was terribly lame. LOL

JohnD

image.jpg

GrumpyFan

Like many others have said, I've come to expect the extended advertising, but this year's seemed to focus a LOT on Aulani. I actually didn't mind the reunion segments, thought they made it a bit more emotional, which I thought was a nice touch for Christmas morning. The thing that I thought was overdone or out of place though was the mini concerts with singers not even singing Christmas songs.
All in all, it wasn't there best.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Like many others have said, I've come to expect the extended advertising, but this year's seemed to focus a LOT on Aulani. I actually didn't mind the reunion segments, thought they made it a bit more emotional, which I thought was a nice touch for Christmas morning. The thing that I thought was overdone or out of place though was the mini concerts with singers not even singing Christmas songs.
All in all, it wasn't there best.

Totally agree. I couldn't figure out why so much focus was on Aulani and why they had so many singers. I know it's a 2 hour commercial and all but last years I thought was a very good and entertaining format.

We had it dvr'd and my 5yr old loved watching the opening number with all the disney characters fireworks and Neil Patrick Harris number (which I thought was a good host). We won't ever watch this one again guaranteed. It would be a waste of time which is what it was when I watched it this moring

This year I expected them to show some of the frozen castle show and some of the new day parade floats but to show santa first for a few seconds and then end with Anna and Elsa on christmas morning was a strange change in tradition there as well.

I know they want to milk the frozen utter until it's dry but they really do need to let (some of) it go

This is disney...with a 2 hour slot on Christmas morning and with family's and kids sharing a tradition watching and expecting a disney parade full of characters and fun...not 90% singing with 75% of them unknown and not very good in my opinion

I've seen people complain a lot on Facebook today too so I think the masses all feel the same way about the show this morning....

In the words of Oaken....woo hoo...big christmas screwup

Clamman73

Totally agree. I couldn't figure out why so much focus was on Aulani and why they had so many singers. I know it's a 2 hour commercial and all but last years I thought was a very good and entertaining format.

We had it dvr'd and my 5yr old loved watching the opening number with all the disney characters fireworks and Neil Patrick Harris number (which I thought was a good host). We won't ever watch this one again guaranteed. It would be a waste of time which is what it was when I watched it this moring

This year I expected them to show some of the frozen castle show and some of the new day parade floats but to show santa first for a few seconds and then end with Anna and Elsa on christmas morning was a strange change in tradition there as well.

I know they want to milk the frozen utter until it's dry but they really do need to let (some of) it go

This is disney...with a 2 hour slot on Christmas morning and with family's and kids sharing a tradition watching and expecting a disney parade full of characters and fun...not 90% singing with 75% of them unknown and not very good in my opinion

I've seen people complain a lot on Facebook today too so I think the masses all feel the same way about the show this morning....

In the words of Oaken....woo hoo...big christmas screwup
I wonder what the occupancy rate has been lately at Aulani...

daisyduckie

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that that show was pretty pathetic. :facepalm: I hope whoever was in charge of producing that junk is out of a job soon. I think most of us here could have done a better job.

HRHPrincessAriel

It was painful to watch and for some of the songs painful to listen to as well
Yes. even my 4 year old who Is obsessed with all things frozen walked away multiple times. She sat through last years in entirety. We actually still have it on our DVR and watch it often.
Cinderella CHECK!
Snow White CHECK!

For me NOTHING beats the newsies opening number a few years ago

Susan Savia

For the first time ever, I shut the tv off half way thru the Disney Frozen Christmas Celebration, as it was called and not the Disney Parade. There was like 2 minutes of actual Parade coverage and the rest....well I shut it off!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom