This puts Sum of All Thrills to shame!

Ziffman

Original Poster
I got it.

Knock down the Speedway put about 40 of these in a building. Make the capacity for 2 people to ride and theme it around the lightcycles from Tron. Make the queue Flynn's arcade and wham you've got the best Tomorrowland.

So what do you think?

I love that idea!!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

Pepper's Ghost

This is very cool!

I love the idea of making a Star Wars ride out of it! Genius!! Throw a ship on the end of it, and make the ship able to turn 360 deg so that you can simulate the space war scene at the beginning of Episode III. You could do pod racing too. The possibilities are endless!!

I'm sure that there would be some concern for those who decide to fly the entire ride upside down, but I'm sure they could build a safety function into it where the ship can only do a twirl upside down rather than stopping in an upside down position. Or they can simply simulate it being able to go upside down.

Thanks for the link.

Thrill

I got it.

Knock down the Speedway put about 40 of these in a building. Make the capacity for 2 people to ride and theme it around the lightcycles from Tron. Make the queue Flynn's arcade and wham you've got the best Tomorrowland.

So what do you think?

KUKA arms don't exactly work as lightcycles, IMO. I was thinking more along the lines of a ride system involving small EMVs or a trackless dark ride, using lighting effects to make the ride appear to be faster. Trackless EMVs would be absolutely amazing, but the technology is a ways off.

Grizzly Hall 71

KUKA arms don't exactly work as lightcycles, IMO. I was thinking more along the lines of a ride system involving small EMVs or a trackless dark ride, using lighting effects to make the ride appear to be faster. Trackless EMVs would be absolutely amazing, but the technology is a ways off.

I'm talking using the driving version of the KUKA arm so the guest could control the experience.

Grizzly Hall 71

The graphics suck on Sum of All Thrills, too.

In fact, Sum of All Thrills may be the worst Kuka arm ride in existence because of how short and toned down it is compared to what those arms are capable of.

Really? I thought the graphics were great. And it's based on how guest desings the ride. So I think they can be pretty great when you make it all upside down and go super high.

adv.bluedude

The graphics suck on Sum of All Thrills, too.

In fact, Sum of All Thrills may be the worst Kuka arm ride in existence because of how short and toned down it is compared to what those arms are capable of.

The graphics arent really bad but that doesnt really matter. All that matters is that it's a damn good ride and it is. It's extremely fun and you can ride it more than once because of the track options it has. As for not using it to it's potential, you have to realize that this is disney. They probably designed the ride with families in mind so everyone could ride it. Still, the ride(IMO) is pretty thrilling and extremely fun.

DocMcHulk

I got it.

So what do you think?

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

That is idea is awesome!!! (anything that involves getting rid of the Speedway is a huge plus in my book)

DocMcHulk

The graphics arent really bad but that doesnt really matter. All that matters is that it's a damn good ride and it is. It's extremely fun and you can ride it more than once because of the track options it has. As for not using it to it's potential, you have to realize that this is disney. They probably designed the ride with families in mind so everyone could ride it. Still, the ride(IMO) is pretty thrilling and extremely fun.

I was REALLY disappointed I didnt get to ride Sum of all Thrills when I was down there in November. By the time we got in there it was 7pm, the line was 45 minutes long and everyone wanted to go home. Well, maybe in 2012 :)

adv.bluedude

I was REALLY disappointed I didnt get to ride Sum of all Thrills when I was down there in November. By the time we got in there it was 7pm, the line was 45 minutes long and everyone wanted to go home. Well, maybe in 2012 :)

That's how the line was when i was there. It's just like that because the preshow only takes like 8 at a time. Once you're past that though, the rest of the ride only takes like 5 minutes

EpcotServo

Directly controlling the robot arm in real time is a big step forward.

I think they'd be the perfect GUNDAM simulator.
:lookaroun :D

C&D

They would need to have 50 of these to get any real throughput (and the lines would still be very long).

p.s. And I think the reference, to being upside down, is that a Formula 1 car creates enough downforce that it can actually drive upside down once it achieves a certain speed (though the statement is practically moot for the driving experience).

p.p.s. They have to work on the engine sound; an F1 car is many octaves higher than what was represented.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom