Trip Report This Ones for You...

It's been a while since I've done one and since I was asked nicely by a certain "magician" @Darstarr 🤫 , I will oblige her... and those who follow!!

My name's Billy and I am a WDWMagic addict.... been a member since 2003. ;)

My family and I (wife and 2 sons, 5 and 9mths), my parents and sister and her family came down in September(21st to 29th) and stayed at our DVC home, Copper Creek. We flew down from Chi-town(hey, that rhymes) on the 21st while the P's and sister's crew came down on the 22nd. They stayed at Boulder Ridge and my parents were with me at CC. Helped later in the week to have babysitters so the Mrs. and I could have an anniversary dinner...moving on.

Flew down on a Saturday because flights out of Chicago are expensive on Sundays, so the fares were good and it only cost me a small amount of DVC points for the 1 night. Southwest was the choice because we had extra bags with baby stuff and wife's hair dryer...free bags, best. ever.

Typical flight into MCO. Obligatory selfie on board...
disney1.jpg

Kaiden's (9mth) first go on a plane and he slept(we drugged him) most of the way and Liam(who never looks at the camera) was all up in his iPad.

Landed and bathroom stops completed. I denied my wife Starbucks in the main concourse, so we had to stop just before MDE lines. Made for a more pleasant ride with her, if you know what I mean...

We waited "forever" on the bus but made it to Copper Creek in no time. First stop is always a great treat. Got the room ready hi-sign and headed directly to our home for the night...
disney2.jpg

disney3.jpg

Deluxe studio was adequate for the one night, as we settled in and hit Roaring Fork for a bite to eat. Tried Mobile ordering for the first time and it was the stuff...helped us a lot over the week. Easier to ask your kids what they want to eat that way instead of doing it in a line, holding it up...

Got mugs and a few little things from the groceries area in the shop and hit the pool for a bit....

Going to get some more pictures of the day up but they are on the Mrs. phone....see you back here soon!!

Good start, @Darstarr?

Billy6

Original Poster
Ok...where was we?

Tuesday was pool day with Mickey's Not So Scary in the evening...We had gone last year and couldn't wait to go back with the rest of the family..

Only got a few from the pool that day...but my wife will kill me if I post them. Plus, I had a drink in my hands most of the day 🍹no room for a camera..psssh
disney47.jpg

If you haven't stayed here before, highly recommend it. The grandness of the Lodge around you while at the pool is awesome, I think.
And the pool activity cast were great as well, Liam played games in and out of the pool that day...and set a record for a 5 yr old going on a water slide...at least we knew where he was!!

Lunch time came and mobile ordered it...brought it back to villa to nap and get ready for the party.

As DVC, as you know you are allowed to enter at 2pm versus 4pm, so we planned on taking advantage and go as soon as we were ready.
Now, contrary to what I have been told, we were able to book a few fastpasses during the regular park hours before the 6pm close. Hopefully, I didn't violate any Disney NDA there...🤷‍♂️

I think we got there around 2:45 and hit Jungle Cruise on the FP first. Aladdin's carpets again as well...
disney31.JPG

We hit a few faves again and the Space on a FP. Wanted to go one more time regular before the Halloween party overlay(which is awesome)...

Heather and Liam wanted to do the spin cycle again...
disney32.JPG

Also, by this time..Candy was in full effect and the boys (and us) were filling our bags!!

The rest of the gang showed up so we changed into our "costumes"

disney34.JPG

disney33.JPG

We found these shirts on Etsy I believe... Woody and Bo-Peep for me and the Mrs. Liam was Slink and Kaiden was Rex!
My Parent's were Mr and Mrs Potatohead. Sister and her husband were Buzz and Jessie and Xander was the Aliens!

Got a few compliments however we weren't the best dressed that night for sure...

Time to take the kids on the Carousel..
disney35.JPG

disney36.PNG
disney37.PNG
disney38.PNG

Kaiden's first time...He was laughing and screaming the whole ride...BTW...I didn't puke. 🤮

The party was on so we hit all of the favorites, Haunted Mansion during the party is great with the "live" actors...Love it.
Big Thunder, Pirates is great too during the party...

Billy6

Original Poster
We hit Space Mountain too..I had warned Liam of the complete darkness and that didn't phase him one bit...Did it twice in a row!!

Good Boy...

He wanted to do Mine Train and wait times were decent so him and I walked over only to find it was down...I told him we would come back, he was sad...but a quick trip to the bathroom and quick check of the app and I saw it was back up, grabbed his hand and got it line...30 min is not bad at all..

whilst waiting...
disney48.jpg

Oh yeah..spoiled kid had to get his lights like everyone else...🤷‍♂️

After that, we headed over to the Hub where my parents were camped out for the new fireworks. There were a lot of guests that had the same idea but we were able to find them with the help of my companies's mobile security app. I work for a well known home/business security company and we have a mobile app for safety outside of the home, it has GPS and it was useful to find them...

Moving on. The new fire works/castle show was fantastic...

Heather snapped a few pics from the parade prior to the show..
disney39.PNG
disney41.PNG

disney42.PNG

disney43.PNG
disney44.PNG

disney45.PNG

We were in awe after that show..I really enjoyed it and so did everyone else...

My parents were eager to get a good spot for the next parade so they went that way and we ventured over to Tomorrow land to hit a few more quick rides and get some ice cream...

I had seen the parade last year but Heather made me miss the Headless horseman while getting some food, so I was determined to see him this time..I did!!

disney49.jpg
disney50.jpg

We got through about 20% of the Parade and the beds were calling the kids so it was time to go!!

Another awesome time at the party...As a family, we decided that September would be our new month to do the Family vacation versus June. It was June for the past 15 yrs, we like the weather during this time a lot better...

Back at the resort and it was bed time...

The next morning, Liam counted his take of the loot...
disney46.PNG

Billy6

Original Poster
Up to Wednesday now and it was a pretty quiet day for the family after 2 late park days...

Mostly pool and hanging around the Lodge. We had an ADR for dinner at Whispering Canyon so we kept it low key...

Pool activities for Liam and some Adult pool activities for me and Heather.... 🍹 🍺...

This day was Tie-dye T-shirt and Liam really wanted one because we missed it last year...
disney54.JPG

disney62.jpg

Although we had to wait a week after we got home to see the finished product, he has fun as you can see...

We headed up to the grand lobby to wait for our evening ADR and the boys were greating everyone!!
disney51.JPG
disney52.JPG

disney53.JPG
disney63.jpg

Grabbed a family photo...
disney55.JPG

We have eaten breakfast at WCC a few times recently but haven't had dinner so we were game...

We all had the all-you-care-to-eat skillets and I tried one of the new addtions, The Pig. Everyone else had the Traditional. I liked it a lot and the service was excellent. The CM was originally from our area in Illinois and we chatted a bit about back home. She was great all meal.

Liam and Xander got to do the pony rides around the restaurant...
disney57.JPG

Billy6

Original Poster
After dessert, we went for a stroll around the resort and then it was time for marshmallow roasting...

disney58.JPG
disney60.JPG
disney59.JPG

Cousins...
disney61.JPG

See the cushions, @Darstarr. I think some keeps forgetting to put them out..There was no rain that week so, who knows...

A few drinks out by Bay Lake and watched the fireworks...

Great day...

Tomorrow was Hollywood Studios...and a trip to Batuu...

TTFN!

Billy6

Original Poster
Thank you all for the likes and the follows...👏

Cometh the day everyone in the family has been awaiting..Hollywood Studios and Galaxy's edge. Me and my team were there last year as the build was happening and got to do Toy Story Land but the rest of the family had not seen it yet..We were bouncing the 6:00am start back in forth in the months to come, but that never happened...try it with young kids, especially a 9mth old...Good luck!!

We settled on 8:00 arrival to catch the last hour of EMH and headed in the park. The new bus terminals were also being built last year and it was great to see them done. Same with the Skyliner...We would miss the opening by a day but after what happened in the days after, I can wait..

So, we headed straight for the Outer Rim and hit Star Wars...I had experienced it at Disneyland in July so I was pretty hyped to see the WDW version.

Liam couldn't wait to see the Falcon and kept asking where it was..."oh, its coming"...

The line was short(35 minutes) so we grabbed a riderswap and headed in!
disney64.jpg
disney65.jpg

disney66.jpg
disney67.jpg

Liam was in full tour guide mode as we passed all the artifacts and props along the queue line. He was in awe and I was in awe of his awe...

A quick meeting with Hondo and Chewie and we were aboard the Millennium Falcon. To my delight, we had been granted the Pilots credentials(I was the Gunner in Disneyland) and waited our turn. I remembered not spending a lot of time in the holding area in Disneyland taking it all in so I made sure we did this time around...

disney68.jpg

We were ready and headed to the cockpit to launch our adventure. Liam was a bit short to reach everything so I was able to help us jump into hyperspace and give him a few tips on steering. He did well and we didn't crash too much...Got a decent payout from Hondo but Liam enjoyed it and couldn't wait to go back on it with Mom.

We headed over to find said Mom and she was, to my delight in line at Ronto Roasters getting a wrap that I wanted to try. It was very good and she liked it too...After the snack, Liam and Heather headed back in to the Falcon for another run!

She loved it too...

Just a quick update now, I'll be back for more shortly...

I have spoken...

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
While Kaiden and I waited, we walked over to Droid Depot to check it out...I had reservations for build a Droid later in the day for Liam and Xander but I wanted to check out the shop...

Kaiden got to meet a certain celebrity droid...
disney70.JPG
disney72.JPG

R2 was awake and Kaiden was laughing and couldn't take his eyes off him...😍

We would be back to see him again later...

Rounded up Liam and Heather and it was time for our Star Tours FP...

Snapped a few pics along the way.

disney69.JPG
disney79.jpg

As we headed to Star Tours, we stopped to grab another snack we wanted to try...

disney73.JPG

Also got a thermal detonator...
disney74.JPG

The popcorn was good, spicy on some bites but not too bad for Outer Rim popcorn...The Diet Coke tasted out of this world....kidding it tasted the same...It was right before our trip that these bottles were cleared for TSA, so no worries on getting it home...put a dent in my wallet though...

We did the swap for Star Tours and by this time the rest of the family were on there way over...Toy Story Land next up...

Billy6

Original Poster
Sorry kids, holiday, work and reading everyone else's reports got in the way...

Our FPs for Slinky Dog and Aliens were up next so we headed over to Love Bug Land...I mean Toy Story Land. There must have been a recent hatch or infestation but walking from Batuu to TSL was horrendous. Bugs flying and landing everywhere, the bathrooms were covered with lovebugs and it was Apocalypse Hell for most of the time there...

Slinky was up first, Heather, Liam, my 72yr old Dad and I were on the fastpass. Liam and I rode it last year so it was everyone else's first time...

My dad wanted to ride but then had second thoughts, but I told him I would hold his hand like I did for Liam last year...He said OK..:D

It was another great ride and he liked it all except the helix part, same with me....

The rest of the group has FPs for Alien Saucers and the standby was only 10 min, we all got to ride twice in a row...

disney80.jpg
disney75.JPG

disney81.jpg
disney82.jpg

The rest of the crew really liked it, we all had another ride later in the day...

After a ride on Midway Mania, it was time to go back to Batuu for our Droid Depot reservations. Liam & Xander were really excited to experience this as was my sister and I.

Liam had decided to make a BB unit and he wanted it to be red!!

disney85.jpg

The process is really cool, and he got to screw a few things together and I had to do a few things as well. The CM brought his BB to life and he was really happy. The whole thing was awesome to experience and the CMs really do a great job...
disney76.JPG
disney77.JPG

disney86.jpg
disney78.JPG

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
Introducing "Red-Hot BB-6"....
disney87.jpg
disney88.jpg

They have a little pad area set up to play with them outside of the Depot. The BBs are hard to get used to I must say, but we got the hang of it by the end of the trip....

We had a 3:45 ADR at Hollywood & Vine for dinner so we had some time to head over and see Lightening McQueen...

Kachoww!

disney89.jpg
disney90.jpg

disney91.jpg

we played some games and then headed back to meet the team for dinner...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom