Trip Report This Ones for You...

It's been a while since I've done one and since I was asked nicely by a certain "magician" @Darstarr 🤫 , I will oblige her... and those who follow!!

My name's Billy and I am a WDWMagic addict.... been a member since 2003. ;)

My family and I (wife and 2 sons, 5 and 9mths), my parents and sister and her family came down in September(21st to 29th) and stayed at our DVC home, Copper Creek. We flew down from Chi-town(hey, that rhymes) on the 21st while the P's and sister's crew came down on the 22nd. They stayed at Boulder Ridge and my parents were with me at CC. Helped later in the week to have babysitters so the Mrs. and I could have an anniversary dinner...moving on.

Flew down on a Saturday because flights out of Chicago are expensive on Sundays, so the fares were good and it only cost me a small amount of DVC points for the 1 night. Southwest was the choice because we had extra bags with baby stuff and wife's hair dryer...free bags, best. ever.

Typical flight into MCO. Obligatory selfie on board...
disney1.jpg

Kaiden's (9mth) first go on a plane and he slept(we drugged him) most of the way and Liam(who never looks at the camera) was all up in his iPad.

Landed and bathroom stops completed. I denied my wife Starbucks in the main concourse, so we had to stop just before MDE lines. Made for a more pleasant ride with her, if you know what I mean...

We waited "forever" on the bus but made it to Copper Creek in no time. First stop is always a great treat. Got the room ready hi-sign and headed directly to our home for the night...
disney2.jpg

disney3.jpg

Deluxe studio was adequate for the one night, as we settled in and hit Roaring Fork for a bite to eat. Tried Mobile ordering for the first time and it was the stuff...helped us a lot over the week. Easier to ask your kids what they want to eat that way instead of doing it in a line, holding it up...

Got mugs and a few little things from the groceries area in the shop and hit the pool for a bit....

Going to get some more pictures of the day up but they are on the Mrs. phone....see you back here soon!!

Good start, @Darstarr?

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
It's been a while since I've done one and since I was asked nicely by a certain "magician" @Darstarr 🤫 , I will oblige her... and those who follow!!

My name's Billy and I am a WDWMagic addict.... been a member since 2003. ;)

My family and I (wife and 2 sons, 5 and 9mths), my parents and sister and her family came down in September(21st to 29th) and stayed at our DVC home, Copper Creek. We flew down from Chi-town(hey, that rhymes) on the 21st while the P's and sister's crew came down on the 22nd. They stayed at Boulder Ridge and my parents were with me at CC. Helped later in the week to have babysitters so the Mrs. and I could have an anniversary dinner...moving on.

Flew down on a Saturday because flights out of Chicago are expensive on Sundays, so the fares were good and it only cost me a small amount of DVC points for the 1 night. Southwest was the choice because we had extra bags with baby stuff and wife's hair dryer...free bags, best. ever.

Typical flight into MCO. Obligatory selfie on board...
View attachment 425662
Kaiden's (9mth) first go on a plane and he slept(we drugged him) most of the way and Liam(who never looks at the camera) was all up in his iPad.

Landed and bathroom stops completed. I denied my wife Starbucks in the main concourse, so we had to stop just before MDE lines. Made for a more pleasant ride with her, if you know what I mean...

We waited "forever" on the bus but made it to Copper Creek in no time. First stop is always a great treat. Got the room ready hi-sign and headed directly to our home for the night...
View attachment 425668
View attachment 425670

Deluxe studio was adequate for the one night, as we settled in and hit Roaring Fork for a bite to eat. Tried Mobile ordering for the first time and it was the stuff...helped us a lot over the week. Easier to ask your kids what they want to eat that way instead of doing it in a line, holding it up...

Got mugs and a few little things from the groceries area in the shop and hit the pool for a bit....

Going to get some more pictures of the day up but they are on the Mrs. phone....see you back here soon!!

Good start, @Darstarr?
Yay yay yay!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

I am so excited!!!

Billy6

Original Poster
Ok...seems we didn't take that many pictures the rest of Saturday. Oh well...

After the pool, we headed over to BLT, hold the mayo, for our new first day tradition to watch HEA from Top of the World. Love the lounge there. They have a "homemade" nachos app(chips, melted cheese, like in a microwave and some pico) that me and Heather love to eat. Few drinks for us and lemonade for Liam and we watched the fireworks. It was weird seeing the crane that is building Tron, quite annoying actually...

me and the boy...top of the world.
disney17.JPG

HEA was early that night so we did the loop on the Monorail and also met some friends over at Tambu lounge. One of the friends is my DCL travel agent and she was leaving on the Dream that Monday...She hadn't met Kaiden yet so we chatted for a bit and it was late, so we jetted...made the loop back and caught the boat to Wilderness Lodge.

Said our prayers and hit the hey...Long travel day but a long week of fun awaited us...

TTFN!!!

Billy6

Original Poster
Yikes...seems like Sunday was photo lite as well...

disney4.jpg

Boat ride over to CR. Had to make the Bay Lake Loop though. Saw the new DVC area. Lots of dirt right now...

We had a 10:00 ADR at the Wave for breakfast as we wanted to try something new. The buffet was excellent, I had read some reviews and it was on par. Liam ordered off the menu(mickey waffles) and that took some time to come out, I think I was on my second(maybe third) plate 🤫 before his came. We weren't rushing that much so wasn't huge deal...Good service and we thoroughly enjoyed it...Would deffo come back again!

We had to head back to do a room swap to our 2 bedroom villa and wait for the rest of the clan to arrive. Mom and Dad were set to get there around 11 so we headed to the dock....

and that's when I saw her...I tried not to get "darstarr" struck but strolling down the pier after me was the lovely and talented, @Darstarr and her team. Now I did know she was down there from her reports so I was on the look out, but I didn't expect to see her there versus at WL. As you know we chatted, I weirded out her son, and we rode the dingy back to the Lodge. BTW, her sons name is the same as my nephew who was arriving a little later that day, I had to share that with her.
disneydar.jpeg

When we docked, we had to make a Bee-line to our room and grab the bags to get to bell services. We hadn't received the new room assignment and in fact it wouldn't come for quite some time. So we did our grocery order through Prime now and waited...and waited...and waited to get our room.

As Darstarr said, we did get to say a proper goodbye as we were in the grand lobby waiting, I wished her and team a great trip home!! It was a pleasure meeting her!!!

By this time, the P's and my sister and her crew had arrived. I didn't know they were on the same MDE but hey, cool... The BR room was ready so we lugged our gear up there for the remaining time we waited for our villa. We did some arcade and shopping and I got the room ready email about an hour later. Room location was awesome! 5th floor, door opens to the lobby! I loved it. Loved the sitting areas, although I was trying to find @Tuvalu 's hubby, Woody's favorite spot to work in case I needed to do the same. Great fireplace and a stroller track that we used all week to get Kaiden to sleep.... Great spot, and around the corner from elevators.

Settled in, hit the pool for a while later and then dinner at Geyser Point was pretty much the remainder of the day.

Magic Kingdom was the plan for the next morning. More pictures I promise.....

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom Mondays...the monday's I like getting up for...

Up and getting the kids ready for the day. Breakfast assembled and bags packed. We would be heading over to get all of the rides done for the kiddos before the rest of my family came over. I like how we all agreed on having "same but separate" vacations..We had some set ADRs and thing planned but free to do whatever...

Down at the dock
disney18.JPG
disney19.JPG

A short ride and bag check and "we're in"(Grant Seaker voice)...

I shot a video of Kaiden's first time at MK and it threw my wife off and she got stuck in the rail tracks...Ooops..

Her right before...
disney5.jpg

Sorry dear.....

Hit Dumbo and Barnstormer a few times with no wait..

disney7.jpg

disney20.JPG

disney6.jpg

Funny story about my selfie...My employee texted me as I was about to get on Dumbo. "Are you flying", meaning was I traveling on the airplane and could talk..I said "only on Dumbo"...he wanted to see for himself...There ya go....He laughed. I fired him next day....just kidding...

Tron pic...
disney8.jpg

We went under the sea and hit Winnie the Pooh. Kaiden liked that one...
dispic.jpg

Headed to Tomorrow-morrow land... Liam was anxious to hit Space Mountain as it would be his first time...My boy!!
Space is my all-time favorite and I couldn't wait to share it with him...but we would have to wait until Grandma and Grandpa were here because Heather wanted to go with him first time as well.

TTA and Speedway were next...
disney30.png
disney29.png

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
Heather texted me that she got us a snack and a drink and that someone was tired...

disney21.JPG
disney22.JPG

Yummy...Kaiden didn't get to partake... We had one later in the week and he got some..😊

Heather and Liam went on Speedway again while I watched the sleeper...

Then Liam rode Astro Orbiter for the first time...I don't do spin, Heather does spin...Have at it!
disney23.JPG

The family was headed over so we were going to meet them at HM for their first FP and our first at BTM to do a hand off. We did use rider-swap a lot that day but the first rides we wanted to do together so we needed them to watch Kaiden.

A quick and quiet cruise on Small World..
disney9.jpg

Met with my parents and then hit Thunder!
disney24.JPG

Heather went over to get Kaiden and my "rents so I took Liam over to the shooting gallery..
disney10.jpg
disney11.jpg

He could't quite hold the rifle so he bazooka-ed it...He had a blast....

Next was Mine Train with our next FP. Heather, Liam and I headed over with the P's and rode it....Liam says that's his favorite, until he rode Space that is..;)

So we headed back to the future, and it was time!!!
disney27.JPG

disney28.JPG

I didn't know how well he would do sitting on his own as we were always siting next to him. I kept an arm on him during the jerky points of the journey and he seemed to be enjoying it and said he was ok...He absolutely loved it..and I was proud.

He was able to ride 4 more times this trip with rider swap and went on it during the Hallowen party, which is in complete darkness...

Love it...

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
Buzz was next before we headed over to the frontier for lunch with Bill...Pecos Bill that is...

disney26.JPG

disney14.jpg
disney15.jpg

My score on the left...Liam's on the right...(we were stopped in a pretty advantagous room on Buzz but of course I had maxed out already..
Liams score was great, I told him were to shoot and he did the rest!! he was happy!!

Sorry no food pics but we ate lunch and hung out as my dad wanted to watch the parade from there..No problem..

this is when Liam started to beg me to take him on Splash. 45 minute wait, gonna get wet, we tried every parental excuse to ride later...didn't work...I grabbed a diaper rag from Kaiden's bag to wipe the seats, a bottle of water for the line and we went..

Now I love the ride, just don't love the byproduct of wetness. He didn't seem to mind and I told him the 'drop trick" of putting your head down and let the water go on the people behind us...That worked but we got splashed from the cannon when other's were dropping..karma..

disney12.jpg

Good times!! This was also his first time at the laughing place!

The remainder of the day was hitting everything again, we had a great dinner at the Plaza. It was my first time and I thought it was excellent. Can't go wrong with bottomless milkshakes. Had the meatloaf, it was good... our CM server was excellent..
I made it a point to add extra gratuity to CM's after the mandatory party size percentage and he earned it...Great CM.

Hung out and saw shows, Jungle cruise, Aladdin's carpets, Tiki Birds, Pirates...etc

Finished the day with HEA and headed home exhausted but fulfilled...

Few more pics:

Imagine 2 grownups and one 5 yr old in an elephant...here you are..
disney25.JPG

disney13.jpg

disney16.jpg

Pool day tomorrow and Mickey's candy-palooza in the evening...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom