Pre-Trip This most likely won't happen, but ya never know. (Edit: Yep, it's happening!)

First of all, I have never been so thankful for a forum because if it wasn't for this site, I would have missed out the chance of seeing GMR before it closed. So, thank you @wdwmagic for providing us with such a good Disney Fandom Kingdom and also want to thank the insiders for providing us with the info, @marni1971 and all the others!:joyfull:

In saying all that, I talked with DH last night about SSE and the possibility of it closing. We weren't planning on taking a Disney trip this year, but after hearing SSE could be closing, DH told me that we would take a trip up there just so we could ride it several times. Apparently this is one of his favorites.

So, here goes another wack at a Pre-Trip report. I say wack because to anyone who read my last and first pre-trip report, I am so sorry. I am usually very organized, but I tend to change my mind often for trips.

However, this is going to be a very short trip and there hasn't been a go ahead from DH as of yet. That is where my title comes in to play because honestly this most likely won't happen, but ya never know.

Here are the plans and yes it is another spreadsheet:bookworm:

I can't go to Disney without going to the Magic Kingdom or the Polynesian.😢

Fingers crossed we will get to do this
🤞

---

**Note

Go to page two of this thread post for what is really happening to avoid the below chaos of a mismanaged version of a Pre-Trip Report.

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I should also add that DH travels a LOT for his job and a good amount of the times the traveling is planned last minute thanks to his work. :rolleyes:

So I may very well be pushing my luck terribly.🥺

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thank you!!

I am so hoping because I am getting the pre-Disney trip blues something fierce.

🥺🙏

I'm not necessarily in a Disney blues situation because I'm getting my fix this year in Disneyland. However, for the past week or so I've really been missing Epcot, I didn't help myself last night when I watched a podcaster do his live show from Epcot's Festival of the Arts and then showed Illuminations. :(

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Well, knowing we what now know in regards to SSE, this trip just came more of a possibility. Now, the exact trip dates? At the moment, I am not certain but hopefully the ones in the spreadsheet above will work out. I would love a nice early spring trip.

(Gawd I hope this 2 year closure for SSE is going to be worth it and not a Journey Into Your Imagination monstrosity...)

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Quick update:

DH really wants to take a good long vacation this year (hasn't really had one since he started his new job...3 years ago). Anyways, he wants to do a cruise but does feel torn about not seeing SSE. Unfortunately, we can't take extensive vacations of both because of financial reasons.

So, I have come up with a possible solution (hopefully).🤞

For those of you who read my solo trip from 2017, I drove to the World and spent that same day park hopping, stayed in the All-Stars that night and then left the next day. With that being said, I proposed the idea of doing that again with him so that we can see SSE before it goes down for refurbishment. Already priced it out and waiting on DH to see if this would be doable.

Oddly enough, as much as I love Disney, a relaxing cruise does sound really really really really nice. 🌴🏖⛱

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
You could do a cruise & disney combo.
Unfortunately, our financial situation kind of prohibits us right now from even doing a Disney cruise alone. 😔 We are the All-Star-kinda-stay financial realm of people, if you get my drift.

BUT! Talked with DH this weekend and 1) the cruise looked interesting but not Disney and 2) he says he needs a vacation desperately and 3) right after I showed my slight dis-interest for a cruise (I hate water ((no offense to those of you that love it))...freakin' scares me...I may be part cat😸), DH started telling me to put another spreadsheet together for a week at Disney.

Side Note: Don't get me wrong in my distaste for a cruise though! I am sure I would enjoy it, but my heart and brain are centered on Disney right now because I miss it terribly.

A WEEK!!! OMG, haven't been to Disney for a week with him without work being involved since...2016.

Too dang long if you ask me!

So, we might be headed for Disney here soon for a week stay. 🥴

Keep your fingers crossed!!

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Ya wanna know what happens when things are miscommunicated? Ha!

😡😡😠😕😢😖😫😭

Apparently, DH wants to do both...and forgot to tell me this little tid bit of his.

Story back-up for a minute: We had just talked about a trip and it was an either or option; either a cruise OR Disney. Not both.

Jumped to about an hour or so ago and he wants to do a cruise, and go with inlaws. Now, I have nothing against inlaws but I have stated on many occasion that we need an US trip...

So, what does KB do? Cry like a freakin baby at her desk. Yep, at work. Cryin' because we aren't going to Disney.

Now to about 10 minutes ago, DH called me to check on me and told me that if it were between either cruise or Disney, he would pick Disney, but now we are GOING to both.

....wish he would have told me that about an hour or so ago

giphy.gif

Rista1313

Ya wanna know what happens when things are miscommunicated? Ha!

😡😡😠😕😢😖😫😭

Apparently, DH wants to do both...and forgot to tell me this little tid bit of his.

Story back-up for a minute: We had just talked about a trip and it was an either or option; either a cruise OR Disney. Not both.

Jumped to about an hour or so ago and he wants to do a cruise, and go with inlaws. Now, I have nothing against inlaws but I have stated on many occasion that we need an US trip...

So, what does KB do? Cry like a freakin baby at her desk. Yep, at work. Cryin' because we aren't going to Disney.

Now to about 10 minutes ago, DH called me to check on me and told me that if it were between either cruise or Disney, he would pick Disney, but now we are GOING to both.

....wish he would have told me that about an hour or so ago

giphy.gif

OH good grief... Miscommunication is the worst! I gotta give it to people who can go on vacation with the inlaws... I'm like no way jose.. I'll stay home!

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
DH and I talked about Disney some more and finally came to the realization that we both miss it too much. When I showed him my idea for a short trip, his exact words were "No. That is just too short!" Guess what we are planning now. (And this is why KB sucks at Pre-Trip reports.:rolleyes:) Yep! A week at Disney with park hoppers every day!!! Park-hopping everyday is going to be a first for both of us.:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

However, after 3 years of working with his company, we still have to get the go ahead from his boss because it can get crazy busy at random times.

So, fingers crossed...again!!!

---

If all goes to plan (gawd I hope this works out because we need a vacation really really badly), then this is what the new plans will look like (and no spreadsheet this time, lol):

April 13 - Drive up to Florida
Stay at a hotel nearby property

April 14 - Check in at All-Stars
Go to a park

🎉🥳April 15...forgot to mention this will be DH's 30th birthday and guys, he is looking forward to getting that birthday button!!!🎉🥳

The rest of the trip will look be like this until we check out that Friday, April 19.

---

So here's hoping!

giphy.gif

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Oh and I need some Table Service suggestions for DH's Birthday Dinner! We don't really get a whole lot of enjoyment out of Character Meals. They are nice and all, but just not for us. When I suggested about the Birthday meal being at Garden Grill, he told me absolutely not. 🤣

It can be anywhere on property since we are doing Park-Hoppers, and this also includes us going to Disney Springs. Any suggestions for a good Birthday dinner are welcome!

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Guess who's boss will not be in the office that week? And DH has to be there to cover....
tenor.gif

DADGUMMIT!!!!

Now we either plan a trip before that week or we have to wait because of finances and open weekdays, and planning a trip before might be slightly tough on scheduling.

This is seriously starting to get depressing...
giphy.gif

Rista1313

Guess who's boss will not be in the office that week? And DH has to be there to cover....
tenor.gif

DADGUMMIT!!!!

Now we either plan a trip before that week or we have to wait because of finances and open weekdays, and planning a trip before might be slightly tough on scheduling.

This is seriously starting to get depressing...
giphy.gif

Before that week sounds good... less countdown days? (bright side?)

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Alright.

Time to bring some goodness to this horrible, terrible..

giphy.gif

Pre-Trip Report.

Told ya I suck at these :rolleyes:

---

Quick update, We ARE going because life finds a way!!!
wellthereitis.jpg

Guys, DH is now the one bringing up the trip talk. He wants to go sooo badly😢

---

Now, we are looking at April 6 - 12, the week before, like you were suggesting @Rista1313 :)

I will come back to this when I know it is a go!!!

Otherwise, we could let this sad Pre-Trip Report just die...
😐

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom