This is how bad the price increases are

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Additionally, renting DVC points through David's, Dvcrentalstore, etc. ALSO means No Resort Parking Fees :)
Not correct only actual DVC members get free parking if staying onsite. Those renting points do not get free parking. I am a DVC member and when you book for someone else that is not a member they know on the reservation they are not members so this is how they will be able to tell that those renting will need to pay for parking. So if you rent points (book your trip after the cutoff they had in March but all who booked before still get free parking for that trip) you will pay for parking if not an actual DVC member. People who rent points do not get member specific benefits like free parking, discounts etc etc. And the only reason we as DVC members get free parking is we pay for it in our maintenance fees in our dues so they cannot charge us. ;)

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Not correct only actual DVC members get free parking if staying onsite. Those renting points do not get free parking. I am a DVC member and when you book for someone else that is not a member they know on the reservation they are not members so this is how they will be able to tell that those renting will need to pay for parking. So if you rent points (book your trip after the cutoff they had in March but all who booked before still get free parking for that trip) you will pay for parking if not an actual DVC member. People who rent points do not get member specific benefits like free parking, discounts etc etc. And the only reason we as DVC members get free parking is we pay for it in our maintenance fees in our dues so they cannot charge us. ;)

Disney specifically stated that renters will not pay parking fees. A rental is still a points stay, those points have had MFs paid on them.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Disney specifically stated that renters will not pay parking fees. A rental is still a points stay, those points have had MFs paid on them.
Yep, that is correct. Just like if a DVC member used their DVC points for a regular room (which is not a great use of points), they would not be charged to park because the dues were paid on those points used.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Anyone staying on points gets free parking. Sorry, free parking not part of "membership magic."

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
tomayto tomahto
288nls.jpg

Dave B

Because as much as people might complain there are literally million more that don't know and are still going to come to Disney World

daisyduckie

Because as much as people might complain there are literally million more that don't know and are still going to come to Disney World

Or people that don't care and think the resorts are still worth the cost.

It has always been a fool's game to buy an AP banking on good room discounts.

sxeensweet

Yep, that is correct. Just like if a DVC member used their DVC points for a regular room (which is not a great use of points), they would not be charged to park because the dues were paid on those points used.
Yes I knew that we can stay anywhere as members on property points OR cash and get free parking. Not just DVC resorts and not just using points. That I was aware of. They sent our notices to all of us with the new parking rules. ;)

sxeensweet

Anyone staying on points gets free parking. Sorry, free parking not part of "membership magic."
I knew it was not part of Membership magic that is not what I said. I said Member specific things they were not eligible for, but if I was wrong on renters paying to park that is fine I misunderstood when I read the rules. But I knew it was not part of Membership magic for certain because resale members get free parking too and they don’t qualify for Membership magic (unless they bought resale before 4/2016 cutoff). ;)

21stamps

My sister is there now - kids first trip. I told them to stay at Poly or GF, they decided to stay in an AKL Savannah View room because of the price difference.

Their trip is going amazingly.. but she called me yesterday and said her Only regret is Not staying on the monorail, and that the next time the will stay at one of those two, no question about it.

You can not beat the convenience when traveling with children, that’s why people will pay it. (and why she should have listened to me in the first place ;) )

sxeensweet

I sense that DVC points will see another $/pt increase in the rental market soon. What are we currently looking at? $16/pt?
Some go for $17 or $18 a point just depends. Even us as members have to pay $17 a point now to buy any of our 24 point annual allotment of extra one time use points from member services. Used to be $15 a point. ;)

note2001

Some go for $17 or $18 a point just depends. Even us as members have to pay $17 a point now to buy any of our 24 point annual allotment of extra one time use points from member services. Used to be $15 a point. ;)
And what that says to me is to utilize the points we have well, and seek out any friends/family/extended relations that may have some going to waste. :D

Last edited:

note2001

Which also means we've technicality been paying for parking since purchasing :eek:
You had me for a moment, but I can't see it that way. It's law that Disney cannot keep us from using our own property.

These new parking fees are just a nasty shakedown of the resort guests. A shakedown that Disney never should have come to. Ignore their cries about it being "industry standard" because last time I checked Disney WAS the standard everyone else was looking up to.

correcaminos

You had me for a moment, but I can't see it that way. It's law that Disney cannot keep us from using our own property.

These new parking fees are just a nasty shakedown of the resort guests. A shakedown that Disney never should have come to. Ignore their cries about it being "industry standard" because last time I checked Disney WAS the standard everyone else was looking up to.
No I just meant our MFs have been paying for the upkeep, among other things that we pay for. Not meant to be misleading but also not terribly surprising with all we do pay for.

I get parking fees where land is a premium, but not Orlando. Just glad its not something that I have to worry about though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom