This is a situation when a CM has to say something to a guest doing something wrong

mdisney

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
After reading what some people have said in the past about guests using Resort mugs at different Resorts & saying that is stealing & I thought you would have said the same thing about this because, there are supost to be no refils on frozen yogurt so in a way he was stealing because he did not pay for a 2nd bowl. Oh well it's in the past now.

The resort mugs people will try to act like they don't do it, but they do it as well.

Mister Toad

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
Last December when I was at WDW my family & I were eating at Gasparilla Grill and Games in the Grand Floridian. One reason we like to eat there is because they have this self serve frozen yourt which taste's amaizing. While we were there we saw someone who was eating the yogurt, then all of the sudden he gets up & poors himself a 2nd bowl. I am thinking why did the CM working the cash register not say anthing because she was looking right at him. Also unlike the mugs there was no sign on the yogurt machine that said no free refils. I know CM don't want to tell guests something to make them mad, but am I right that she should have said excuse me sir we don't allow free refils on yogurt, so I need to charge you for a 2nd bowl. So what are your thoughts?

Next vacation to Walt Disney World
August 8-19, 2006 at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

I think you need to chill out in a humongous way........

shoppingnut

mdisney said:
The resort mugs people will try to act like they don't do it, but they do it as well.

When I purchased my first mug, way back when they first sold them. They were selling it with the understanding that it could be used on your future trips.

Ralphlaw

The end of the world as we know it.

Yes, this is a minor issue involving a tiny amount of frozen yogurt. It won't bankrupt Disney, and it sounds as though there might be some ambiguity as to whether or not this is or is not allowed.

However, the bigger issue is one of honesty. "Character" is doing the right thing when no one is watching. Stupidity is doing the wrong thing even when someone IS watching.

On occasion I have been the person who grabs a couple peanuts from the bin at the grocer store to munch on while walking the aisles. I would tell myself it is not stealing, it's snacking. But it's still wrong, and I do not think I should set a bad example for anyone who may be watching, especially young people.

Is throwing a cigarette butt out your car window littering, for those of you who smoke? Is it tax evasion to not pay taxes on that extra money from lawn mowing, or that rummage sale, or that $10 lottery prize? Yes, but it's accepted.

Technically, it's illegal to drive even one mile-per-hour over the speed limit, and the ramifications of unsafe driving could mean a fatality--worst case scenario. Let he is without sin cast the first stone.

The moral is that the frozen yogurt thing is wrong, and it sets a bad example. It is also a conundrum from a corporate point of view to determine how to deal with it. Do you confront the individual, and thereby cast a cloud over his vacation? Or do you ignore it, and perhaps rancor those other people who follow the rules? Or do you politely mention it to the person, and pleasantly remind him that eating at the dispenser is not allowed for health code reasons, and "I am sure you didn't mean to do anything wrong."? Hmm, the last option seems OK to me.

doc_holiday3500

philsfan2185 said:
it's only frozen yogurt. it's not like the person filled up 5 bowls and ran past the cast member at the register yelling "catch me if you can!" there's worse things in wdw to upset over than frozen yogurt.

That was great!! I actually laughed out loud at work!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sledge

Account Suspended
Nine times out of ten everywhere I go that has soft serve yogurt they give you unlimited refills. Maybe he just assumed this was one of those places. I can understand how he would.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
Sledge said:
Nine times out of ten everywhere I go that has soft serve yogurt they give you unlimited refills. Maybe he just assumed this was one of those places. I can understand how he would.
Well if there are free refils of the yogurt, shouldn't WDW put a sign next to the machine saying that, like with the mugs saying free refils on drinks?

SteveUK

It was wrong to take a second bowl. I think we all agree on that. But nobody died, the world did not stop turning and I think there are bigger issues in the world today that you should probably be turning your conscienscious attention to. It is nice to see somebody with morals - but there are better things you could be exercising them on.

wannab@dis

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
Well if there are free refils of the yogurt, shouldn't WDW put a sign next to the machine saying that, like with the mugs saying free refils on drinks?

Off topic... since it's like the proverbial dead horse... but...

wdw fan 4 life... you can click on UserCP (at the top of the page) and add your upcoming trip information to your signature. May save you a few extra clicks on each post. :wave:

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
Off topic... since it's like the proverbial dead horse... but...

wdw fan 4 life... you can click on UserCP (at the top of the page) and add your upcoming trip information to your signature. May save you a few extra clicks on each post. :wave:
Thank you for the info.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
c133125 said:
its just freaking yogurt....whats the big deal?
The big deal is that he obviously was not supost to get a refil of yogurt, when he should have paid again. I seen people freak out when someone say's they used their mugs at other resorts, so isn't this kind of the same situation.

Sledge

Account Suspended
WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:

I suppose, but the 9 out of 10 places I go that has unlimited refills doesn't have a sign either. I don't know how it's laid out so I can't really judge, but a lot of times it seems as if unlimited refills are allowed.

PixieDust2006

Not that I condone what this person "did"...:lookaroun But really...you're in Disney World, why do you care that this man had a second helping of yogurt. How do you know that he didn't ask the waiter if he could have a second helping? When I'm there I rarely pay attention to what other people in a restaurant are doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom