Trip Report Third time’s the charm- Sorta kinda live-Now with bonus content!

We’re going back! Hey everyone it’s me, the Loco. Like many of us here in our little community, I missed out on a few Disney trips thanks to the pandemic. We originally had plans for a west coast trip back I the summer of 2020, but that clearly was a no go. We had a backup plan of visiting WDW in September, but a change of jobs for me forced us to cancel that since I wouldn’t have any available leave time(I started the new job in august). That leads us to now, trip number three, and we are a go! Our last trip was February of 2020 just before the world went bananas, but that seems like decades ago at this point!
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

So Let’s do this! I’ll get the intros and details out of the way.

Who: Those of you who have read any of my older reports know it will be me and the wife. She’s the good looking one in the picture below, which would make me the slightly inebriated one.
54D83DB0-7A70-42DE-8AE8-39E5506CF25F.jpeg

Anyone remember the throwback TR we did last year featuring Molli and Chris getting engaged?

Where:
Four nights here
ED1895B9-B756-43BF-B05B-334E7C7A08A8.jpeg

Followed by three nights here
39454182-D955-4032-A35F-46E84A034DCA.jpeg

Wait, not there. I mean the real wilderness lodge! Copper creek villas to be exact.
AA7F2DB9-78A7-4E8E-8A29-3408ECAC9D1B.jpeg

When: Approximately 48 hours from right now. Am I ready? Of course not. Being the man, I’m contractually obligated to wait until the last second to pack, and to forget something super important!
joel mchale rules GIF by ABC Network

We are excited to get back “home”, even with the restrictions and missing entertainment. I have to admit that it’s been nice not having to plan quite as much. I just made park passes and a few dining reservations and that was that. I’m in the camp that believes fast pass actually inflated wait times for most attractions, and I am not particularly sad to see it go.

We’ll be driving down since we planned this trip before vaccines were widely available and we were still a little on the fence about flying. I feel more comfortable with it now, but prices have skyrocketed, so I’ll just stick with the road trip.
Road Trip Friends GIF by Disney

Will I be putting the loco in Loco_Driver by doing the entire trip in one day? Even I don’t know the answer to that yet. Check back Friday!
Confused Gavin Free GIF by Rooster Teeth

Will I partake in mine and @Tuvalu beloved WCC burnt ends nachos, or a No Way Jose?
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

Will any fellow magicians be making appearances?
Iron Man Reaction GIF

So with all that out of the way, let’s goooo!
Lets Go Start GIF

Last edited:

Loco_driver

Original Poster
So cool you went over to Vero Beach. We are thinking of going there for a few days next summer and staying at Disney's resort there. Looks like a nice beach.
It was a nice quiet beach. Waves were a little rough early but calmed down pretty quick. The whole area is way different than the beaches we’ve done before along the gulf, which tend to be super crowded and chaotic. Disney’s resort looks really nice, thinking about working it into a future trip as well.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It was a nice quiet beach. Waves were a little rough early but calmed down pretty quick. The whole area is way different than the beaches we’ve done before along the gulf, which tend to be super crowded and chaotic. Disney’s resort looks really nice, thinking about working it into a future trip as well.
how was the drive there from Orlando? Traffic? Anything fun to see along the way?

Loco_driver

Original Poster
how was the drive there from Orlando? Traffic? Anything fun to see along the way?
We left really early(6 am) and there was no traffic outside of a few school zones close to vero. Getting back was a little trickier in the late afternoon, but not horrible. You could take a little longer route and see the Disney ships at port canaveral, but it’s a little out of the way. Other than that I didn’t really notice much, there’s some pretty rural areas along the way. @Darstarr is much more knowledgeable about that area than I am, and her sister will drop some knowledge on you if you ask!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
@ajrwdwgirl Disney’s VB resort is nice but it is windy! And the waters can tend to be sharky. My sisters FIL has some cottages just north of DVBR and we were there once with the kids swimming, surfing and fishing. Meanwhile there was a huge school of hammer heads migrating past us not too far off the beach. When we finally came in and saw all the missed calls we turned on the TV and saw all the sharks not far off shore. Ooops. Moral of the story: Check the news bwfore swimming in Vero😉

Loco_driver

Original Poster
@ajrwdwgirl Disney’s VB resort is nice but it is windy! And the waters can tend to be sharky. My sisters FIL has some cottages just north of DVBR and we were there once with the kids swimming, surfing and fishing. Meanwhile there was a huge school of hammer heads migrating past us not too far off the beach. When we finally came in and saw all the missed calls we turned on the TV and saw all the sharks not far off shore. Ooops. Moral of the story: Check the news bwfore swimming in Vero😉
Hmmm, so maybe that’s what I felt brush up against my leg.

amjt660

Premium Member
We stayed at Vero for a few nights when the girls were younger
They loved the sea turtles and of course we "adopted" one.

The beach was windy and the surf was rough - only went in once - stuck to the pool
Hot and sunny - sunburn city for a ginger!!

I woke up early and watched a beautiful sunrise one morning - very peaceful

Max

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Our afternoon snack yesterday. It was decent, the middle is filled with cookie dough.
376A798A-5C2C-46DA-8E49-73C5605C5CBB.jpeg

Had a super gross dinner at captain cooks last night(I don’t know why I keep trying that place) followed by fireworks by the beach. I didn’t cry, but I might’ve come close.
1056E201-B179-4669-80A9-CAB28B521D22.jpeg

7E997014-1C3F-4C02-A20D-92A479916746.jpeg

Home for the rest of the week.
D58AC414-5A71-482A-9A05-E3CBDC89B412.jpeg

Dominating at a child’s game.
F39DD3D9-BE7A-40F4-BF64-F3724C39BB42.jpeg

Just had lunch at beaches and cream.

Plain ice cream cone for A(her sweet tooth isn’t as strong as mine)
1924FDE5-5004-446D-9FE4-B8A4783695CE.jpeg

Salad bowl no way Jose for me. It was good, but the ingredients don’t seem to mix as well in the bowl, wish they’d get the goblets back soon!
6CD969B1-359C-46BD-8C95-D5B8C850E9EE.jpeg

The real reason we came to beaches and cream though was our friend Herlina! She’s one of our favorite CMs anywhere! She remembered us from the last time we had her and knew exactly what ice cream I’d be getting. Make sure you request her the next time you eat here, you won’t regret it!
A9D58CF7-3605-4822-AC25-8C5CAA33C83E.jpeg

83968970-773F-429A-B78D-C18024E27F18.jpeg

No she’s not feeling up A, she’s slapping a sticker on her! 😂

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Good to know about it being sharky. I don't know if we would go in very far anyway before knowing this. Now maybe just up to my ankles! We just thought it might be nice to hang at a nice beach resort and do something Disney. @amjt660 , watching the sunrise is one of my favorite things to do on a beach vacation, so that sounds perfect to me.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Herlina hasn’t been working my last couple to visits to B&C. Happy to know she’s still there!
She’s still there and just as awesome as she’s always been! She was working there when we went in April but we didn’t have her as our waitress(although we still said hi and chatted for a second). I told the guy at the check in desk that we’d wait as long as we needed to be seated in her section this time! Hopefully we get our buddy Dustin at whispering canyon tomorrow.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Good to know about it being sharky. I don't know if we would go in very far anyway before knowing this. Now maybe just up to my ankles! We just thought it might be nice to hang at a nice beach resort and do something Disney. @amjt660 , watching the sunrise is one of my favorite things to do on a beach vacation, so that sounds perfect to me.
It was very peaceful at the resort when we were there. Everyone seemed much more laid back than at WDW. I didn’t go out into the water very far, maybe 35 feet or so. A refused to get past ankle deep. If you go during peak nesting season they do a turtle tour where you can go watch the sea turtles nesting at night.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
A post just for @Darstarr 😉.

Pool in the morning.
EE866471-20BE-45F5-8148-DFF39576CE9B.jpeg

Whispering canyon for lunch.
81667D35-C4D6-46A8-B2F0-1B0010D755DC.jpeg
66C7EA0A-10D1-4531-BEBA-D15FCF44702D.jpeg

7193CAA1-9357-407A-ADA8-F2A12FBBDAD0.jpeg

They started serving breakfast all the way through lunch today, and decided they would just serve these crappy breakfast potatoes with every skillet, even the lunch skillet, instead of the buttery delicious mashed potatoes that they used to have. Me and a few others expressed our displeasure quite vocally.

Also our servers name was @bee and she was great.

I’m sure we’ll do some more stuff later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom