Third theme park in the works?

kap91

I mean it’s not exactly a secret they’re working on it. It’s just the what and when that are unknown and I doubt anything is firm yet.

JT3000

They were afraid that regurgitating "infos" (wut?) easily compiled from any theme park forum on the Internet would be taken as an April Fool's joke. That's cute. Good thing they waited to release this exciting scoop. Really makes all the difference. I can just tell their sauce is super reliable. Almost as reliable as their spell check.

Okay, I'm done now.

Sam Magic

Disney and More is usually a pretty solid source of info. It's a French blog, which is why there are spelling and grammar errors. English is not the author's first language.

We all know Uni is working on a third park, and we all know Nintendo stuff will come to Orlando. Beyond that, I'm not sure if I believe everything in the article. Do we have any Uni insiders that can confirm anything in it?

erikjp

From reading various forums, I don't think Disney and More's sourcing or info is necessarily wrong per se. I just don't think Universal has finished their plans. As in they have various ideas for different lands, parks, rides, hotels, city walk, etc like this article describes, but that nothing is set in stone and pieces are still moving. Not to mention they still have an ongoing lawsuit for some of the area slated for the expansion and they are still negotiating rights to Lord of the Rings (maybe the negotiations are finished though, as the article implies?)

So whatever ends up happening is going to probably include a lot of what was written in here, but things might be cut depending on what happens with lands/licensing etc.

the.dreamfinder

To what degree is this project sensitive to the current economic condition? Would UNI/CMSA, rightly, power through on this project even if there’s a recession in the next 1-3 years?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
To what degree is this project sensitive to the current economic condition? Would UNI/CMSA, rightly, power through on this project even if there’s a recession in the next 1-3 years?
I would think, like everyone else, you must think long term and push through the "blips" in between.

No Name

No, it would be their fourth park. Volcano Bay is a theme park! Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are not though. So UO will finally have the same number of theme parks as WDW.

- Extremely biased person

JT3000

Something is getting built. They already bought the land... again... at a higher price than before, so they have to do something with it just to not look like complete schmucks. But there will be cuts, recession or not. That much I'm sure of. It's always a matter of what survives the planning phase these days, sadly.

No, it would be their fourth park. Volcano Bay is a theme park! Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are not though. So UO will finally have the same number of theme parks as WDW.

- Extremely biased person

Are we still counting DHS as a full park?

- Extremely mischievous person (who is partially serious)

Last edited:

UCF

But there will be cuts, recession or not. That much I'm sure of. It's always a matter of what survives the planning phase these days, sadly.
Considering Universal's team designed a smaller Nintendo world for KidZone and all the signs are the executives told them not ambitious enough, you need to do more, sounds like that wasn't part of this planning phase.

JT3000

Come late 2019, it's going to be full alright. Bone-crushing, claustrophobically, phased-closing full.

;)

Low ride capacity will do that. :p

Considering Universal's team designed a smaller Nintendo world for KidZone and all the signs are the executives told them not ambitious enough, you need to do more, sounds like that wasn't part of this planning phase.

We don't actually know what's happening yet. They could be moving the exact same land to a different park. Something could even go in KidZone still.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom