Things you probably didnt know about disney parks

Tom

Beta Return
1. The utilidors are only beneath the Magic Kingdom.
16. The hanging bride is in Phantom Manor, not The Haunted Mansion.
20. The trees don't move.
26. The Rhine River Cruise showbuilding was not built.

20 - Yes they do, or, they did at one point

26 - Yes it was. Look at any satellite imagery. There is an enormous show building in Germany.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
1. Pretty sure there are small utilidors under EPCOT as well...nothing like the MK system though. They are limited to the Communicore / Innoventions area.

epcot_tunnel.jpg

2. They don't sell gum on property, but there's still plenty of places you'll see it on the ground. My daughter spotted a smushed piece in EPCOT last trip and thought it was a hidden mickey (it was smushed in such a way it did look like it could be a Mickey).

lazyboy97o

20 - Yes they do, or, they did at one point

26 - Yes it was. Look at any satellite imagery. There is an enormous show building in Germany.
After nearly 20 years of not working, it is hard to still consider it a feature.

The show building was not for the ride except load and unload. The ride building would have more squared off what was built.

Tom

Beta Return
1. Pretty sure there are small utilidors under EPCOT as well...nothing like the MK system though. They are limited to the Communicore / Innoventions area.

epcot_tunnel.jpg

2. They don't sell gum on property, but there's still plenty of places you'll see it on the ground. My daughter spotted a smushed piece in EPCOT last trip and thought it was a hidden mickey (it was smushed in such a way it did look like it could be a Mickey).

Is that really a photo of Epcot's utilidor? Looks so much like MK's, and I didn't think Epcot's had as many utilities in it, since it's primarily service access to the central area, and for merch storage.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Is that really a photo of Epcot's utilidor? Looks so much like MK's, and I didn't think Epcot's had as many utilities in it, since it's primarily service access to the central area, and for merch storage.
It was listed as one, but may not be. The pictures I remember seeing were smaller tunnels, but for EPCOT they are hard to find...

I've found other pictures and a map in the past...I'll see if I can dig them up.

Tom

Beta Return
It was listed as one, but may not be. The pictures I remember seeing were smaller tunnels, but for EPCOT they are hard to find...

I've found other pictures and a map in the past...I'll see if I can dig them up.

I found what you found. Yeah, that's Epcot.

MarkTwain

Epcot's tunnels are very much like MK's tunnels, except they form a curve beneath Innoventions Plaza. They're also quite a bit nicer/cleaner and seldom seem to be as crowded. If you ever see a picture of a Disney tunnel and it's curved, it's Epcot; all the MK tunnels are in straight lines to my knowledge.

Tom

Beta Return
Epcot's tunnels are very much like MK's tunnels, except they form a curve beneath Innoventions Plaza. They're also quite a bit nicer/cleaner and seldom seem to be as crowded. If you ever see a picture of a Disney tunnel and it's curved, it's Epcot; all the MK tunnels are in straight lines to my knowledge.

Yeah, I noted the curve after I posted and looked at the photos again :)

Rob562

#20 - The trees. They've never moved. I've even seen a piece of concept art that was part of the "Architecture of Reassurance" travelling museum exhibit years ago where the slightly-folded tree was labeled specifically with a note that said is was "to make it seem like they fold up". (Of course I've never been able to find a copy of this artwork online)

If they *actually* folded up, do you think they'd leave the one semi-folded tree in a semi-folded position for decades?

As for the Germany building, only part of the ride show building was built, pretty much only the queue and loading area. The rest of where the ride was supposed to be is open grass. The large building that is to the east of the grass is Biergarten and its kitchens.

The only thing I learned from that list was the origins of the Rose & Crown name.

-Rob

Figaro928

Still people think "Andy's coming!" was an official thing?
Last time we went, We had done the Woody & Jessie M&G in MK. The wait was easily 20-30 minutes. Behind us in line was a young - 20's - couple. At least 15 minutes into the wait and not at the front of the line yet, the guys starts yelling out "Andy's coming!!!!" Keep in mind this was during another guests' M&G. The couple was so annoyed that they didn't drop on the spot!! When I told him that the characters don't do this because of numerous safety concerns, he said, "but I saw it on the internet!" yeah... ok buddy...

They got off the line & didn't even bother to meet the characters. ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom