Things you never understood about the parks, that maybe somebody can explain

G00fyDad

Hello,
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but why must all buses to Disney Springs/Downtown Disney have to leave from a resort and not any of the parks, especially with all the new openings at Disney Springs (restaurants and shops)?
For example, to get from Animal Kingdom, we bus to the AKL, and change to a DD bus. (resort-attraction, not attraction to attraction)
Thanks, and Ch-Ears!
Bill

Parking fees. If they went to the parks then everyone not staying at a Disney resort would park at DTD and take a bus to skip the parking fee. That would fill up the parking at DTD unnecessarily.

SyracuseDisneyFan

I know that the Magic Kingdom resorts and Epcot are connected by monorail. However, I think they should add a bus option for the Magic Kingdom resorts for anyone staying over there to and from Epcot.

DisneyJunkie

I know that the Magic Kingdom resorts and Epcot are connected by monorail. However, I think they should add a bus option for the Magic Kingdom resorts for anyone staying over there to and from Epcot.

Not sure what you mean by that. The resorts all have buses that go to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and the other areas. Also, not ALL MK area resorts are connected by monorail (i.e. Wilderness Lodge).

DisneyJunkie

It just doesn't make sense on some rides to have a single rider line. For example the Haunted Mansion ride vehicles can hold three people, but it would be very awkward to put a stranger along with two other people. The other problem is having the space for an extra queue.

I get the point about there may not be enough space to make the line, but with Haunted Mansion, putting in a single rider there wouldn't be any different really than a single rider next to you on EE or anything else.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I get the point about there may not be enough space to make the line, but with Haunted Mansion, putting in a single rider there wouldn't be any different really than a single rider next to you on EE or anything else.

With HM the stretch rooms stagger the crowds enough as it is, putting a single rider line following the stretch room would probably cause more problems than solve them I feel?

G00fyDad

It just doesn't make sense on some rides to have a single rider line. For example the Haunted Mansion ride vehicles can hold three people, but it would be very awkward to put a stranger along with two other people. The other problem is having the space for an extra queue.

What about RnR? I've never ridden that single rider line. Doesn't that single rider dump into the middle of the regular stand-by queue while watching the pre-show (Aerosmith)? If so, then how does the CM at the end know who is a single rider? Couldn't groups go through the single rider line, get to the CM at the end and remain a group?

mergatroid

Original Poster
What about RnR? I've never ridden that single rider line. Doesn't that single rider dump into the middle of the regular stand-by queue while watching the pre-show (Aerosmith)? If so, then how does the CM at the end know who is a single rider? Couldn't groups go through the single rider line, get to the CM at the end and remain a group?

At RnR the single rider line joins the main line before you go in the sound studio where the FP+ line joins also. A cm stands there so knows exactly which line you're from. From that point on you're with everyone else. At loading they ask how many in your party and dispatch you to wherever depending on your answer. In effect the single rider line only helps you up to the recording studio part and nowhere else.

Brad Bishop

I believe that's a money saving exercise. I think a vast majority of people do Future World first and so there were too few visiting World Showcase before then for Disney to 'justify' paying cm's to be there that early?

That and WS is mainly food and shopping so, when you think about it, it doesn't open until lunch time.

If they added countries and attractions it could easily open with the rest of the park.

DisneyJunkie

At RnR the single rider line joins the main line before you go in the sound studio where the FP+ line joins also. A cm stands there so knows exactly which line you're from. From that point on you're with everyone else. At loading they ask how many in your party and dispatch you to wherever depending on your answer. In effect the single rider line only helps you up to the recording studio part and nowhere else.

Actually it helps inside when you get up to the CM that seats you. You still get to jump into a car ahead of the main line.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Actually it helps inside when you get up to the CM that seats you. You still get to jump into a car ahead of the main line.

Not always my friend, not always. Mrs Merg won't ride RnR so I'm always a single rider and go on RnR a lot. Depending on the numbers being distributed at load, saying "Just one" can actually hinder you as they want full vehicles leaving load. Being an odd number on many occasions I've been asked to stand to one side and had to wait for a moment whilst they decide where to fit me in. On other occasions though, it's helped me jump the queue when they've walked down the line asking specifically for a single rider. It swings and roundabouts really in my experience.

DisneyJunkie

Not always my friend, not always. Mrs Merg won't ride RnR so I'm always a single rider and go on RnR a lot. Depending on the numbers being distributed at load, saying "Just one" can actually hinder you as they want full vehicles leaving load. Being an odd number on many occasions I've been asked to stand to one side and had to wait for a moment whilst they decide where to fit me in. On other occasions though, it's helped me jump the queue when they've walked down the line asking specifically for a single rider. It swings and roundabouts really in my experience.

True. It helps most when you see of groups of 3 or 5 coming through the main line.....then you know you're getting in.

mergatroid

Original Poster
True. It helps most when you see of groups of 3 or 5 coming through the main line.....then you know you're getting in.

Yup. Going off on a tangent here slightly but it always makes me laugh at Universal on The Hulk when you see people joining the huge queue for 'front row seats'. I've ridden that beast countless times and the back row is where it's at, all day every day :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom