Things to buy before visiting

RKSteel

We bring a couple of closet organizers, which fold flat and can fit in the luggage without using too much space.
This pic is from amazon.

Upvote 0

yedliW

Another good thing to bring is a portable phone charger. If you are going to be spending all day in the parks, taking lots of pics, (and refreshing MDE to find your 4th FP+) you are going to burn through your phone battery pretty quick..

You could also buy the Fuel Rod. I got one last trip and it is a very handy thing to have, especially since you can exchange it for a fully charged one at any of the machines they have around the parks.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Another good thing to bring is a portable phone charger. If you are going to be spending all day in the parks, taking lots of pics, (and refreshing MDE to find your 4th FP+) you are going to burn through your phone battery pretty quick..

You could also buy the Fuel Rod. I got one last trip and it is a very handy thing to have, especially since you can exchange it for a fully charged one at any of the machines they have around the parks.
I can’t express how true this is

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

If you're counting on blister pads or moleskin, your shoes don't fit properly or they're junk. Get quality shoes and socks and keep your feet dry and you won't get blisters.

Upvote 0

Spoon full of Sugar

Shiny Pennies & Quarters for the coin pressing machines! my children still love these...and so excited each time! Such a fun and inexpensive souvenir. Each of my children brings his/her own stash of pennies and quarters in a recycled ice breaker mint container. They love collecting these pressed coins throughout our vaca! :)

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Shiny Pennies & Quarters for the coin pressing machines! my children still love these...and so excited each time! Such a fun and inexpensive souvenir. Each of my children brings his/her own stash of pennies and quarters in a recycled ice breaker mint container. They love collecting these pressed coins throughout our vaca! :)

OP won’t be able to get those though. It’s hard enough trying to get anything less than a ten dollar bill! But we always used to just ask at the front desk or at shops for any instead.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
If you're counting on blister pads or moleskin, your shoes don't fit properly or they're junk. Get quality shoes and socks and keep your feet dry and you won't get blisters.

Or they’re new. Always, always break in new trainers (sneakers) or any kind of shoes before going to WDW.

Although I get blisters from wearing shoes without socks, just because my heels rub. Doesn’t matter if they’re sandals, canvass shoes, whatever, I’m screwed in the summer! Which is why I always wear trainers in the parks, with socks.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Or they’re new. Always, always break in new trainers (sneakers) or any kind of shoes before going to WDW.

Although I get blisters from wearing shoes without socks, just because my heels rub. Doesn’t matter if they’re sandals, canvass shoes, whatever, I’m screwed in the summer! Which is why I always wear trainers in the parks, with socks.
Heavy duty hiking shoes, leather dress shoes, and boots need breaking in. Modern mesh and foam running shoes should fit properly right out of the box.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Heavy duty hiking shoes, leather dress shoes, and boots need breaking in. Modern mesh and foam running shoes should fit properly right out of the box.

Easy to say if you have standard shaped feet and the same size feet! Some do, many don’t.

I have to buy a U.K. size 6 in most shoes. Unfortunately, my left foot is half a size smaller. And my heels are narrower than standard. And my big toes stick up a bit. So I always end up with a blister on the knuckle part of my big toes, and heel grips and insoles only go so far.

And walking in running shoes is a different matter to actually running in them. Running shoes are not designed to walk / hike in. General trainers (sneakers) tend not to have the same attention to detail as running shoes, which are designed to be snug fitting.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Running shoes are not designed to walk / hike in. General trainers (sneakers) tend not to have the same attention to detail as running shoes, which are designed to be snug fitting.
That... is not accurate. You can absolutely walk in running shoes and you can get whatever fit you like by buying the proper size. But maybe these terms all mean different things in the UK because I've never even heard of "general trainers," and running shoes are a subset of sneakers. I'm not talking about track-and-field shoes. The running shoes I'm taking about are, themselves, sneakers.

I understand that you have irregular feet but for most people running shoes are the best for Disney.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
That... is not accurate. You can absolutely walk in running shoes and you can get whatever fit you like by buying the proper size. But maybe these terms all mean different things in the UK because I've never even heard of "general trainers," and running shoes are a subset of sneakers. I'm not talking about track-and-field shoes. The running shoes I'm taking about are, themselves, sneakers.

I understand that you have irregular feet but for most people running shoes are the best for Disney.

Running shoes to me means for cross country or track events. Lightweight, little arch support and studded. Definitely not for walking in! OK so general trainers = running shoe for you. And yes, they’re great for everyday use, including WDW. I always wear them to the parks. And they shouldn’t give you blisters. But the sizing is standard for each make, they don’t come in a narrow fit, or a wide-toes fit etc that leather shoes tend to do. At least not here. It’s usually a matter of finding a type that suits you, be it Nike or Adidas or Puma.

But a lot of people don’t like wearing them everyday. They prefer sandals or flip flops. And those are what give me problems. Throughout the summer my feet are covered in blisters from wearing any kind of shoes without socks.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Running shoes to me means for cross country or track events. Lightweight, little arch support and studded. Definitely not for walking in! OK so general trainers = running shoe for you. And yes, they’re great for everyday use, including WDW. I always wear them to the parks. And they shouldn’t give you blisters. But the sizing is standard for each make, they don’t come in a narrow fit, or a wide-toes fit etc that leather shoes tend to do. At least not here. It’s usually a matter of finding a type that suits you, be it Nike or Adidas or Puma.

But a lot of people don’t like wearing them everyday. They prefer sandals or flip flops. And those are what give me problems. Throughout the summer my feet are covered in blisters from wearing any kind of shoes without socks.
Learning something new every day. The New Balance shoes I like come in all sorts of widths, but maybe they're not distributed as widely over there. Our New Balance outlet stores have great sales and I can usually stock up for around $40 a pair.

Agree on sandals and flip flops. I'll wear them when we're expecting a full day of downpours, since even sandals are better than wet socks, but dry socks and sneakers are my clear preference.

Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member

If you haven’t already, try this: Bama Silky Comfort barefoot spray. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bama-Silky-Comfort-Barefoot-Spray/dp/B0055LENUM

I saw it as I was buying a pair of sandals years ago and figured it was probably a gimmick but figured worst case scenario I have wasted a few dollars, best case it actually works. I too used to always get blisters if I wore shoes or sandals without socks because my feet would sweat and then slide. This spray keeps this from happening - haven’t had a problem with sandals in several years now.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

All of the above, but most of all...…...……..tada......……….I bring a small pack of Lysol wipes. I use these for the remote. It gets amazingly dirty because hk doesn't routinely wipe them off. Everyone uses them and they need wiped down! I also bring a microcloth to wipe the fog off the bathroom mirror.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom