Things to buy before visiting

aliceismad

The only things we absolutely needed were good walking shoes/sandals that can get wet, ponchos, sunscreen, sunglasses. A cooling towel was helpful. My DH brought a camelbak-type backpack for water and loved it.

Upvote 0

ppet

Extra socks for everyday. Dry shoes are no good with wet or dirty socks. I like to bring disposable coffee cups, (think Sarbucks). I like a morning coffee as I'm waiting on the bus, but I don't want to carry a refillable mug all day.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

A wide brim foldable hat!

I am always amazed at people walking around the parks, under the FL blazing sun with their heads uncovered! 🥵
They are probably like me I just can not stand hats, they actually give me a headache, I even have to take me mickey ears off every so often , but I have thick hair so it isn't a problem.

Upvote 0

unmitigated disaster

Running shoes to me means for cross country or track events. Lightweight, little arch support and studded. Definitely not for walking in! OK so general trainers = running shoe for you. And yes, they’re great for everyday use, including WDW. I always wear them to the parks. And they shouldn’t give you blisters. But the sizing is standard for each make, they don’t come in a narrow fit, or a wide-toes fit etc that leather shoes tend to do. At least not here. It’s usually a matter of finding a type that suits you, be it Nike or Adidas or Puma.

But a lot of people don’t like wearing them everyday. They prefer sandals or flip flops. And those are what give me problems. Throughout the summer my feet are covered in blisters from wearing any kind of shoes without socks.
Sneakers are something you should be properly fitted for at least once so you know what kind of foot you have. Wide, narrow, supinating, pronating, flat feet, high arches: which you have will determine the best shoe for your foot. A good shoe store will steer you towards shoes meant for your foot type.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom