Things that regular guests "OVERLOOK"

Erika

Originally posted by jwbeck3
I was excited to pull on the well during my trip at the beginning of March, but it must have been broken because I heard no voice.

There are 2 different wells there and a lot of people confuse them. Are you sure you were at the right one? I didn't even know about this trick. I guess I'll have to go back so I can try it ;)

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
is there a reason that the Main Street Station is painted that warm red color? sure there is. it is the entryway to Disney World, the best show in the world - its your red curtain to the Best Entertainment Venue in the world, the red curtain/ and the red carpet has been rolled out for you as well

the difference in the colors from Main Street's street up to the curb works on this scenarion as well as a safety precaution, helps people not to trip when the road changes colors...

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
Ever wonder how Phantom Manor got its name, or how Master Gracey's story realy is told?

Ever wonder why the spires to Cinderella's Castle are painted blue and just what is that line of "cable" coming from the top of the castle and going towards Tomorrowland?

Ask a CM who is on duty - (not off duty) they will be glad to tell you - ask about three different CMS the same question.

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak

the difference in the colors from Main Street's street up to the curb works on this scenarion as well as a safety precaution, helps people not to trip when the road changes colors...
This is actually used all over in WDW. I think there is one place its not ..........Toontown LOL yep the edge of the curb and the street are the same color and I can tell you I have seen TONS of people trip on them. :hammer: Many try to play it off after they trip like they ment to do it.

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
so toontown is disney's trap huh? lol - watching people fall then play it off is hilarious.
HAPPY 100th POST TO ME - who wants to give me a paid vacation to WDW? don't fuss over it, you can all divide the costs among yourselves...

bamboo7

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
Ever wonder how Phantom Manor got its name, or how Master Gracey's story realy is told?

Ever wonder why the spires to Cinderella's Castle are painted blue and just what is that line of "cable" coming from the top of the castle and going towards Tomorrowland?

Ask a CM who is on duty - (not off duty) they will be glad to tell you - ask about three different CMS the same question.

you could ask me 3 or 4 different times. you'll learn 3 or 4 new things :)

BRER STITCH

:wave:

For the answer to these, and MANY more questions,
I HIGHLY recommend the BACKSTAGE MAGIC TOUR!!!

I recently had the chance to participate in this tour and, in addition to getting to see the utilidors and a lot of backstage areas, you spend 8 hours learning about all the neat little things discussed here, but for 3 PARKS!!! The tour covers MGM, EPCOT, and the MAGIC KINGDOM and was one of the BEST days I've ever spent at WDW!!

Lovers of this thread would absolutely LOVE this tour!

Thanks to MICKEY (no kidding!), our wonderful Tour Guide!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Invero

Here's my top three list of things most guests don't really notice...

1.) Cast Members.
2.) Cast Members.
3.) Did I mention Cast Members?

The ones who do the little things, that mean so much. The ones that provide guest service recovery, and fix something that might have gone wrong. The ones that make you smile, that make your day. The ones who Create the Magic. All to often they get overlooked...

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
^ Amen to that! i can't tell you how many times i might have been talking to guests, then all of a sudden their kids or they themselves see Mickey or even some character they don't even know, and ZIP, off they go and i am still talking, now just to myself. ha ha.

FigmentJedi

In Mousegear at Epcot, the Dreamcatcher vehicle that dreamfinder drove in the original JII is over a shelf. the Blimp was removed, the ideabag was replaced and the vehicle in general was repainted.

mightyduck

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

1.) Cast Members.
2.) Cast Members.

The ones who do the little things, that mean so much. The ones that provide guest service recovery, and fix something that might have gone wrong. The ones that make you smile, that make your day. The ones who Create the Magic. All to often they get overlooked...

You mean like the bus drivers who have pizza with you? ;)

And hey! When the woman at the ticket booth sold me the wrong ticket and the guest relations guy fixed it, I wrote a letter right there telling his supervisor he did a good job! :)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I think that the poor CM's are really overlooked. I do my best to be nice to them and if someone is really good, I do write letters of appreciation. I notice that a lot of people are in such a hurry while at WDW and that they don't take the time to stop and take a good look at what surrounds them. I do this every time and it brings a tear to my eye.

(if any of the CM's on this thread will be attending the Meet in Dec. please let me know, thanks!)

Pam

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

1.) Cast Members.
2.) Cast Members.

Can I get an amen on that one........ Some of the most magical moments I have is when I get a letter from Guest Services sent buy guests saying that I made a little magic in there lives. Thats what it's all about.

bamboo7

Originally posted by Tahu
In Mousegear at Epcot, the Dreamcatcher vehicle that dreamfinder drove in the original JII is over a shelf. the Blimp was removed, the ideabag was replaced and the vehicle in general was repainted.

here ya go!

DCP_1506.jpg

DCP_1507.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom