Things Only Theme Park Fans Do

TROR

Sync up your plane's take off with the Star Tours ride audio so Rex says "Artoo, lightspeed to Endor!" just as the wheels leave the ground.

Rich T

Original Poster
Sync up your plane's take off with the Star Tours ride audio so Rex says "Artoo, lightspeed to Endor!" just as the wheels leave the ground.
Confession: On a recent night flight, I cued up "You can Fly" so I could listen to it while looking out the plane window at the lights of the bay area far below. :D

Rich T

Original Poster
... Get on forums and argue whether Star Wars land belongs on Disneyland.
To be fair, I've heard normal-level Disneyland frequenters in my family question how Star Wars will effect Disneyland (and wonder where they found room for it). The difference is, after pondering it for a moment, they drop it and get on with their lives. :D

Disney Irish

Premium Member
To be fair, I've heard normal-level Disneyland frequenters in my family question how Star Wars will effect Disneyland (and wonder where they found room for it). The difference is, after pondering it for a moment, they drop it and get on with their lives. :D
WHAT!?! How dare they, don't they know this is affecting the Happiest Place on Earth! Priorities people!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

One thing about Fresh Baked and Passport to the Parks for example is while they are doing live shows, people in the live commenting section are sending them money. It doesn't look like a lot, 5-10 bucks, but it adds up I suppose.

I for one don't care if they want to make money on their hobby, it's a hell of a lot of work for anyone that truly knows what they have to do. It looks easy, just go to the parks all the time and film what you do. Try editing a couple hours of footage into something halfway decent or upkeep of a website etc etc. When it becomes a job, it sometimes takes the fun out of what you enjoy and if they can keep that level of interest up, more power to them.
There is a difference between making money off a hobby and making money off someone else's hard work and dreams. I have no problem with families who go to the park and film their trip for personal use or post it online with no ad breaks but when you try to make money off Disney by going to the parks and posting it on your channel and people give you money off live streams or through add breaks you are making money by showing off stuff someone else put their heart and soul into that was meant to be enjoyed not pilfered for profit on some you tube video is where I start to have a problem. that is why I hate vloggers. they say they love old imagineers but love making money off videos of them riding the haunted mansion and other attractions they worked on. making money instead of going to the park as you were intended to, as a guest. but no, they go as a vlogger because it is their full time "job". no its a cast members job to get money from working at the park not yours. vloggers are no better than pan handlers you see on freeway on/off ramps begging for money in my eyes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom