Things in Orlando (not the world) the proove you have arrived

rsoxguy

For us it's the big archway as you enter the property from the Osceola Parkway. Everyone in the car tries to claim, "I saw the sign first".
I know, dorks.

Actually, seeing the airport in Atlanta from I-75 usually means I'm going to Disneyworld. Although I am in Atlanta area on a regular basis I never get that far South. Also, the entrance to the Florida Turnpike at Wildwood.

bh7812

Yeah, the "WE'RE NUTS ABOUT..." signs are still there. Magnolia's Plantation is gone though.. the billboards are in pieces. The neon signs are still around, and I still don't believe we can buy tickets for 49 dollars. :p - But yeah.. those neon signs once we hit South Georgia and Florida are the major feelings I get that we're close. :D

Oh man...I DO remember those "we're nuts about..." Billboards! So those have survived the last 10 years. Unbelievable. The reason I clicked like for your post though was the bit about the "Magnolia's Plantation" billboards being in pieces..I got an actual good laugh at that! Not at you at the billboards of course. I imagined in my mind some of those billboards being in pieces, but didn't think some of them actually ARE in pieces! Thanks for the chuckle, after the summer I've had I needed it.

The neon signs for those buy Disney and other Theme Park tickets for 49 bucks are still up...dear God. If any of those billboards were truly in pieces at this point those are the ones I'd have expected to end up like that-not the Magnolia's Plantation ones!

I'm actually headed down to Disney on Wednesday for a week! Staying at the Poly and have my 8 day park hopper all ready! Flying again though, out of Midway. Flying's the only way to get Dad down there in one piece these days-I-75 and i-285 through and around Atlanta shot his nerves and he cursed like a sailor through there so it's flying or no way for him these days.

Figmentation

Oh man...I DO remember those "we're nuts about..." Billboards! So those have survived the last 10 years. Unbelievable. The reason I clicked like for your post though was the bit about the "Magnolia's Plantation" billboards being in pieces..I got an actual good laugh at that! Not at you at the billboards of course. I imagined in my mind some of those billboards being in pieces, but didn't think some of them actually ARE in pieces! Thanks for the chuckle, after the summer I've had I needed it.

The neon signs for those buy Disney and other Theme Park tickets for 49 bucks are still up...dear God. If any of those billboards were truly in pieces at this point those are the ones I'd have expected to end up like that-not the Magnolia's Plantation ones!

I'm actually headed down to Disney on Wednesday for a week! Staying at the Poly and have my 8 day park hopper all ready! Flying again though, out of Midway. Flying's the only way to get Dad down there in one piece these days-I-75 and i-285 through and around Atlanta shot his nerves and he cursed like a sailor through there so it's flying or no way for him these days.

If you want to know.... the 49 dollar neon signs were brand new too. It seems those guys make enough money to keep updating the signage. So yeah, those are perfect.

What did surprise me was "Magnolia's Plantation" signs being destroyed and the building empty. I've actually looked up reviews on that place and apparently it was a fairly good tourist trap for Georgia. I've actually stopped at the "We're Nuts About..." place once, and it's just a small gas station with fruit and pecans. I was more surprised that place was still around over Magnolia's. But yeah... the 100 miles of "Visit Magnolia's Plantation" billboards were pretty much gone... except for the few that were 'around' but in shambles.

real mad hatter

ahhh was confusiousing it with hi-ding :oops: so solly :rolleyes:
Oh for heavens sake...Your Chinese accent is as bad as my local Chinese friend..2 weeks ago in his restaurant take away, he says to me, " Hallo Mr Hatter..Watch you Wah." I said " Cantonese deep fried chicken " ..But he kept repeating.." Naw..Watch you Wah." .." Wet paint.".:rolleyes:...

Tigger#1

The broken surfboard billboards on the parkway is what makes me feel like I'm on Disney's doorstep. As soon as we pass it I start looking for the castle in the distance even thought we are still a long way from the MK

luv

When I flew, exiting the plane and feeling the warmth, seeing the carpet in OIA ("MCO"), and going down the roundy-round exit of the rental car thing.

Driving - crossing the Florida border, merging onto I-4, the WESH thing, the billboards, Mickey antenna thing and, of course...

The WDW entrance arch thingy, whatever it is called. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom