Things at Disney Land everyone seems to dislike that you enjoy?

yeti

Paradise Pier Hotel is simple but effective. The atmosphere - the music, the theming - really captures what I love about Disney even though it isn't grand. Love the beach ball pillows and other flourishes in the rooms.

Disneyland's Splash Mountain is the best ride in the world. Not saying everyone dislikes it obviously but it's usually seen as the worst SM.

I tolerate the characters on IaSW, but I really like the way their musical motifs intertwine with the main song. Especially Cinderella's.

The old Naples Ristorante decor.

The bobsleds on the Matterhorn.

Tower of Terror (RIP)

mickEblu

Paradise Pier Hotel is simple but effective. The atmosphere - the music, the theming - really captures what I love about Disney even though it isn't grand. Love the beach ball pillows and other flourishes in the rooms.

Disneyland's Splash Mountain is the best ride in the world. Not saying everyone dislikes it obviously but it's usually seen as the worst SM.

I tolerate the characters on IaSW, but I really like the way their musical motifs intertwine with the main song. Especially Cinderella's.

The old Naples Ristorante decor.

The bobsleds on the Matterhorn.

Tower of Terror (RIP)

Take this “like” for saying Disneyland’s Splash Mountain is the best in the world.

mickEblu

I forgot to mention Autopia. It’s one of my favorite rides in the park and would be devastated if it was ever demolished.

Autopia is a good one for this exercise. I’m very torn on Autopia. I know it takes up way too much space for the experience it provides but it’s classic Disney. I don’t know how I’d feel about losing it for some squeaky clean brand new cloned FL E ticket and store. It’s hard to imagine Disneyland without the Subs lagoon too. I’d say just plus Autopia, make it two levels and chop it in half keeping the TL side. I’d like for them to keep the lagoon too but between keeping half of Autopia and the lagoon we re not giving them room to do much of anything.

Last edited:

Rich T

are you insinuating that something made during walt disney's lifetime is inferior to something made today?

HOW DARE YOU, YOU MONSTER. WALT DISNEY STARED AT THAT OCTOPUS WITH HIS OWN TWO EYES AND I'LL BE DARNED IF I LET YOU SLANDER HIS GOOD NAME.
The octopus scene AND the mist screen are very recent things. Even the original form of PoC didn’t open until after Walt died.

VJ

The octopus scene AND the mist screen are very recent things. Even the original form of PoC didn’t open until after Walt died.
.........................................i'm ashamed to admit this completely slipped my mind when making that joke

isn't the squidtopus a replica of/reference to the scene that was there pre-2006 though? i only rode the pre-06 ride a couple times so my memory's a bit foggy(er than usual)

Rich T

.........................................i'm ashamed to admit this completely slipped my mind when making that joke

isn't the squidtopus a replica of/reference to the scene that was there pre-2006 though? i only rode the pre-06 ride a couple times so my memory's a bit foggy(er than usual)
No, it’s totally a new thing. The original was just creepy darkness, music and the ghost voices. I’ve enjoyed every version of that tunnel so far— but I think the new scene combined with the classic audio is the best of both eras. As long as as the big reveal at tunnel’s end still works, I’m fine. :)

shambolicdefending

Autopia is a good one for this exercise. I’m very torn on Autopia. I know it takes up way too much space for the experience it provides but it’s classic Disney. I don’t know how I’d feel about losing it for some squeaky clean brand new cloned FL E ticket and store. It’s hard to imagine Disneyland without the Subs lagoon too. I’d say just plus Autopia, make it two levels and chop it in half keeping the TL side. I’d like for them to keep the lagoon too but between keeping half of Autopia and the lagoon we re not giving them room to do much of anything.

My kids are of an age that I consider their likes/dislikes to be a pretty good metric for what DLR should do in the future.

They love the subs. Love walking around the lagoon, etc. They're fairly indifferent towards the Autopia. It's usually only a "squeeze-it-in-if-we-have-time" thing.

Rich T

They should re-invent Autopia as a futuristic elevated car ride through Tomorrowland, using the Peoplemover route. Also, build a compact Cars themed Autopia ride in Cars Land.

I mean, look at that: there's plenty of room to get rid of Rollicking Roadsters and squeeze in a charming little Luigi-themed compact Autopia. I didn't spend hundreds of hours playing Roller Coaster Tycoon for nothing! :D

Last edited:

mickEblu

They should re-invent Autopia as a futuristic elevated car ride through Tomorrowland, using the Peoplemover route. Also, build a compact Cars themed Autopia ride in Cars Land.
View attachment 357638
I mean, look at that: there's plenty of room to get rid of Rollicking Roadsters and squeeze in a charming little Luigi-themed compact Autopia. I didn't spend hundreds of hours playing Roller Coaster Tycoon for nothing! :D

I’m with you on an elevated Autopia but I don’t think they can use the people mover tracks without having evacuation ladders all over the place, can they?

As far as Cars Land I’d rather have them use that space for the drive in theatre restaurant.

SteamboatJoe

From someone who has only been once:

-Toon Town
-IASW IP characters
-Winnie the Pooh
-Tom Sawyer Island
-Soarin' Over the World
-Luigi's
-Bugs Land (RIP)

Don't know if it's unpopular but I'll also throw in Paint the Night.

I didn't get to see RDCT or WoC and have only seen Fantasmic! 2.0 so I really can't judge any of those fairly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom