They Shouldn't Start the Ghost Host Spiel Until the Doors are Closed!

mouse_luv

Oh man i need to get my game up. So the figure is not hanging from a rope and swinging back and forth?
It's a body of the "Ghost Host" that hung himself. That's why when it happens he says.."there's always my way..mwhaha"

I think what mouse_luv was saying is that its not a "ghost" hanging, but the skeletal remains of the ghost host that's speaking.
Yes. Thank you.
I always thought the figure hanging from the rope was a female.

Negative. The Ghost Host is male and it's his body.

Magenta Panther

I'd say about 95% of the time I go on HM, by the time I'm inside, the portrait is already decomposed and GH's spiel is almost finished. I know some people are going to give the argument "they need to get as many people through as fast as possible." But come on. At least have some respect for the attraction. They wouldn't start Tiki Room or Country Bears before everyone is inside. This isn't that big of a deal to me, but a lot of first timers won't see this pretty cool effect and that to me is sad. Oh, and what's the deal with everyone talking in the stretching room. Shut up and listen to Ghost Host! I can barely hear him sometimes.

The way the current greedheads running Disney treat the Haunted Mansion is criminal. The ride was designed to tell a story, but the jerks at TDO don't care about that. It's get those bodies in! Get those bodies out! Oops, stop the ride dead to load in the disabled, something the ride was never designed to do, interrupting the narrative and ruining everyone's experience! I can't even enjoy Mansion anymore. The awful claustrophobic cluttered-up queue is heartbreaking enough, but not getting to enjoy the ride the way it was designed is too angering and depressing.

And sorry to those who'll get triggered by my comment regarding disabled folks. I meant no disrespect.

zengoth

Wow, i thought i was the only one who feels dismayed at the current conditions at the Haunted Mansion. This has been very therapeutic for me.

Yert3

Original Poster
Wow, i thought i was the only one who feels dismayed at the current conditions at the Haunted Mansion. This has been very therapeutic for me.
I can't love this more. I discovered this site when I went to Disney in 2012 and saw those ugly screens (for lack of a better term) above the queue in splash mountain. Not only that, SM just looked pathetic. I (and a LOT of other people) have video evidence of this and Disney should be embarrassed that they let Splash Mountain ever get as bad as it did. My first thread here was http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/splash-mountain-falling-apart-literally.855607/

It was almost like a high for me to discover that a lot of other people DO care and that I wasn't alone in my frustrations. It's so great that a lot of other people have such a passion for WDW, and it's because of this passion that we feel the need to call them out when they go against their own creed.

zengoth

I can't love this more. I discovered this site when I went to Disney in 2012 and saw those ugly screens (for lack of a better term) above the queue in splash mountain. Not only that, SM just looked pathetic. I (and a LOT of other people) have video evidence of this and Disney should be embarrassed that they let Splash Mountain ever get as bad as it did. My first thread here was http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/splash-mountain-falling-apart-literally.855607/

It was almost like a high for me to discover that a lot of other people DO care and that I wasn't alone in my frustrations. It's so great that a lot of other people have such a passion for WDW, and it's because of this passion that we feel the need to call them out when they go against their own creed.
Seriously, for the first time in nearly 45 years i am considering skipping HM on my next trip. Very sad.

Yert3

Original Poster
Seriously, for the first time in nearly 45 years i am considering skipping HM on my next trip. Very sad.
Well, I don't know if I would go that far. My rant on this specific thread is more about how the introduction is run more than actual an actual effects watch. WDW has seen a resurgence the past few years when it has come the actual effects working. I haven't really seen any nonfunctional effects on HM in the past few years. Or if I have, they were working again the next day. What are your specific complaints?

zengoth

Well, I don't know if I would go that far. My rant on this specific thread is more about how the introduction is run more than actual an actual effects watch. WDW has seen a resurgence the past few years when it has come the actual effects working. I haven't really seen any nonfunctional effects on HM in the past few years. Or if I have, they were working again the next day. What are your specific complaints?
I agree with those who feel the preshow is rushed due to crowd control. I am also fairly stressed by the bottlenecking on the way to loading. Yeah i know it could have always been that bad but i am feeling it more with age. The ride itself remains a classic

JimW

Premium Member
And sorry to those who'll get triggered by my comment regarding disabled folks. I meant no disrespect.

I'm not triggered by your response at all, but I do find your perspective worthy of discussion. Do you think the ride needs a better system to handle disabled guests? Are there any other rides that elicit the same response in you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom