They just never listen...

Cesar R M

I helped my coworker plan a trip to Disney. Gave him all the resources. A book, list of attractions that need FP+, a chart with all his dining options (plus how to make reservations, best character dining etc.), gave him a schedule with all the park hours including EMH, and a schedule of all the parades, fireworks, and shows.

Well he just got back today. I was so excited to hear what he had to say.... He said "it was ok". That's it? I asked what he did, he said the first day they walked around MK, AK, and DHS just to see what they have. What??? He's only there for 4 days... Mega waste of time. He said it got too hot walking around all those parks, so they just went shopping in DD. Again, what??? I asked if he rode anything that day, he said no.

The next day he went to MK for the full day, I asked about pirates and HM, he had no idea what I was talking about. He said he rode the train, BTMR, SM, saw the parade and fireworks, and ate at the crystal palace. That was it.

Next day they went to epcot, stayed an hour, got bored and went back to the hotel to swim. That's it for day 3.

Next they went to DHS for the day. Didn't get the TSM FP+ like I suggested, nor did they get the fantasmic dining package, nor did they even see fantasmic! o_O instead his wife shopped and they rode the ToT and the great movie ride. That's it.

Last day was AK. They rode the KS and the train. I asked about dinosaur and EE.... He said they didn't get to those rides. -_- but they did love the rainforest cafe.

So overall he liked the experience but found the rides boring with very little to do -_- They barely made any ADR like I recommended and found it difficult to get them the day of... Hmmm.

However, he had nothing but great things to say about the service, the CMs, and how they take care of everything for you.

Seems they just followed the main trail in all parks and did nothing else.
I suppose they never had the feel or need to explore.
I always have that feel of first check the whole thing, then sneak there and there to find everything.

others already have commented very well about how wasteful they were and good advice.
But then.. some people are just people.. they want their way even if it means bad things.

Last edited:

CheekBoys

I know someone who only went to DLR for 1 day for a limited time on spring break and only rode Star Tours and I think that was it and she said it was bad. I just don't understand how people can plan so badly when going to a Disney park. Also you can't complain about it being crowded if you go on spring break.

HM Spectre

It amazes me that these people exist. Who plunks down thousands of dollars for a vacation without doing a lick of research? If you're spending that much to lounge by the hotel pool, you're doing it wrong.

At the very least, take advantage of the hundreds of maps at the entrance that are there for a reason. Even if you go in blind with no clue what you're doing or where you are, a map will let you have a better vacation than these folks did. ARGH

JohnD

They just don't know how to be Uber-planners:

Saturday May 31, MK
  • Check In Coranado Springs
  • Be Our Guest FP+ Lunch
  • FP+ Festival of Fantasy Parade
  • FP+ Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • FP+ Space Mountain
  • Dinner of Apps and Drinks in Mizner's Lounge (Grand Floridian)
  • Back to MK for Wishes, Fireworks, MSEP
Sunday, June 1, HS, Star Wars Weekend
  • Star Wars Character Breakfast: Sci Fi Dine-in
  • Feel the Force: Star Wars Motorcade
  • FP+ Star Tours
  • FP+ Tower of Terror
  • FP+ Ray Parks (Darth Maul)
  • Dinner: 50s Prime Time Cafe
  • Feel the Force: Star Wars Fireworks
  • Fantasmic @ 10:30 pm
Monday, June 2, Ep (Evening)
  • Typhoon Lagoon? (Morning)
  • FP+ Mission:Space
  • FP+ Soarin (Single rider Test Track?)
  • FP+ Seas with Nemo and Friends
  • Explore World Showcase
  • Dinner: Biergarten
Tuesday, June 3, AK
  • Check out Coranado Springs
  • Check in All Star Music
  • Festival of the Lion King????
  • FP+ Safaris
  • FP+ Kali Rapid River Rapids
  • FP+ Everest
  • Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ
  • Flights of Wonder and Nemo Shows
  • Dinner: Raglan Road, Downtown Disney
Wednesday, June 4, MK (morning)
  • FP+ Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • FP+ Splash Mountain
  • FP+ Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Check out All Star Music

Communicore

Yea, I had a friend and his wife who went to WDW for the first time but they only have a one day one park ticket, and they decided to go to MGM for some inexplicable reason. They went on GMR, hated how ancient it is, then left and just hung out on I-Drive instead.

ParentsOf4

I helped my coworker plan a trip to Disney. Gave him all the resources. A book, list of attractions that need FP+, a chart with all his dining options (plus how to make reservations, best character dining etc.), gave him a schedule with all the park hours including EMH, and a schedule of all the parades, fireworks, and shows.

Well he just got back today. I was so excited to hear what he had to say.... He said "it was ok". That's it? I asked what he did, he said the first day they walked around MK, AK, and DHS just to see what they have. What??? He's only there for 4 days... Mega waste of time. He said it got too hot walking around all those parks, so they just went shopping in DD. Again, what??? I asked if he rode anything that day, he said no.

The next day he went to MK for the full day, I asked about pirates and HM, he had no idea what I was talking about. He said he rode the train, BTMR, SM, saw the parade and fireworks, and ate at the crystal palace. That was it.

Next day they went to epcot, stayed an hour, got bored and went back to the hotel to swim. That's it for day 3.

Next they went to DHS for the day. Didn't get the TSM FP+ like I suggested, nor did they get the fantasmic dining package, nor did they even see fantasmic! o_O instead his wife shopped and they rode the ToT and the great movie ride. That's it.

Last day was AK. They rode the KS and the train. I asked about dinosaur and EE.... He said they didn't get to those rides. -_- but they did love the rainforest cafe.

So overall he liked the experience but found the rides boring with very little to do -_- They barely made any ADR like I recommended and found it difficult to get them the day of... Hmmm.

However, he had nothing but great things to say about the service, the CMs, and how they take care of everything for you.
Your friend seemed to spend his first WDW vacation about the same way I spent my 50th WDW vacation.

Maybe he skipped the first 49 commando-style vacations and went straight to slowing down and actually relaxing on a WDW vacation! :D

graphite1326

However, this may not be the same thing but....We went on a Florida vacation with friends. Not a WDW vacation but we were going to different sights to see all over Florida. There were 7 of us. One day we decided to each go someplace different. I really didn't have any plans and another couple asked us if we would take them to AK. They were into animals. We agreed and spent the day at the park. At the end they thanked us and said, that they would not have seen half of this park had we not shown them around. They had a great time.

SyracuseDisneyFan

My family and I are headed to Disney in a few days. My brother's in charge of the planning. I'm glad for that. He's come up with a tenative touring plan for every day we're in the parks.

RobnRachal

Every family member/friend we've ever helped to plan a first Disney trip has always been very thankful. They've always come back saying our advice was invaluable and they would have never gotten as much done without it. (we learned the hard way, but learned nonetheless) That being said.....one friend who went on her first trip, following our advice, was planning her second trip. Unfortunately, being once, I guess she felt she was a "pro" and beyond our advice :p Now, not to toot our own horns or anything but I can't tell you how many times we tried to make a recommendation and she fluffed it off...turns out each and every one of those fluffs were things she came back complaining about :confused:
Like you said, "they just don't listen". You can be there to try and help but people are going to do their own thing.

Tomi-Rocket

The more I see people who are impatient and dumb the happier I am when I hear they will never return. Less idiots we have to deal with when we go, lol. Good for them, I hope they stick to their vow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom