They just don't get it...

real mad hatter

Well I've just been informed that I'am 100% disneyfied and that my DW is 80% and my DS is 70%. So my analyst tells me,and my doctor has put me on a course of Disney laughing pills until my next WDW vacation.;)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
IMHO, those with a jaded opinion of eschewing WDW in favor of other places I put forward my case:

1. Its pretty safe. There's not much of a seedy underbelly waiting to drug you and steal your organs.
2. There's little politics involved. You're not going to see the Villains wage an insurgency over perceived bad press.
3. Food safety and variety. Food sources, preparation and sanitation is of high quality. Intestinal distress as a result is low. You won't find monkey on a stick, or fresh deep fried wildlife tripe on the menu.
4. Call me elitist, but the quality of your fellow visitors is not that of the unwashed masses. The bar usually is set to those who have figured out how to live and succeed in their society.
5. Travel. For me and my wife its less than half a day's drive. No intrusive security pokings, lines, delays and getting stuck next to someone who spills out across both sides of their seat arms, hasn't washed in days, has the flu, or wants me to buy Herbalife. Just put what ever we want in the truck and proceed at our own pace.
6. Entertainment. Its there all around you without having to go very far.

I've already had an "interesting" life, traveled the world, lived abroad in alien cultures, and speak several different languages. Furthermore I'm keenly aware of when and why my predecessors left Scotland and what became Germany in favor of the US.

michmousefan

I recently criticized my curmudgeonly uncle's fancy $800 coffeemaker as an extravagance (particularly for me as I'm not a coffee drinker). He shot back with "I have my vices, you have your trips to Kiddieland."

Kiddieland! LOL. I'm not sure if he's ever been to a Disney park.

dave&di

Because a garden sounds like an amazing vacation spot! :rolleyes: Don't they have some of those in WS? :p

I know! It's annoying as the WS is a place I know she would love too!!! She's never left the UK, well 15 years ago she flew 1 or 2 hours to Ireland for a weekend and she HATED the flight! She has no intentions of ever visiting another country!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom