they don't understand......

DisneyPride

I wonder if any of your family members are being critical of you for making WDW your #1 destination every year??? This year I have a trip planned to NY city and Philadelphia in May just so we can go and explore somewhere else. we are looking foward to it but still rather be in WDW. Ofcourse we have to keep our family tradition, therefore we have a WDW week trip scheduled for the fall. Our family does not see the big deal about WDW. They like to go for a couple of days but no more because they have been there so much they don't know what else to do. No imagination......:confused:

Maybe it's the fireworks,or the fictional fantasy of the rides, or sitting infront
of the castle under an umbrella table eating a hot dog or an ice scream. Maybe it's eating in a different country or at a dinner show. Or just sitting in one of the benches infront of China and "watch the people". Maybe it's taking the monorail from MK to Epcot at night and seeing all the buildings lit up. Whatever the "Maybe", for me there is no other place in the world like it. It's a different world in there, a world of make believe and fantasy. Sure I'll enjoy the Empire State Building in NY and Liberty Bell in PHiladelphia, but that is not magical.....:king:

I try to explain this to them, but they don't get it. Do any of you get the same feedback from your friends and family?? What do you tell them?

justducky78

We don't have kids and visit Disney every 2-3 years (we do other vacations on the off years) and although nobody has ever 'said' to us they think it's weird we keep going back, I'm sure some are 'thinking' it!! But we don't care - we love it!

Although, on this upcoming trip, we had a friend who planned on joining us. But, he just cancelled because he thought it was too expensive - he'd rather go to Hawaii or Europe for the money!! We've been to hawaii and europe several times and plan to return but there's just something about Disney. But, how do you explain this to someone who's never been?

I was just talking to my sister about Disney the other day and she has a 2.5 year old and she said, "We'll probably go when she's old enough to enjoy it"

Ahhhhh!!! If we ever have kids, I'm sure we'll take them to Disney, but not just so THEY can enjoy it!!

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

OK, first for the family and I it doesn't matter what someone else thinks about us going again, ( this April ), we are still going, this will be #13 since '97. Any of the people we have brought with us who have mentioned something about our visits suddenly see what we are talking about. But the thing about it is 1, you don't need children to go, 2, ( and this goes for us ) when you enter the "World" all of the problems that are at home stay there, they do not enter with us. Sure we think about them, but it's something that doesn't concern us until we come home, at that point we deal with it. And for those who choose to not go for some UNKNOWN reason, well, more room for us when we are there.:sohappy: It's sad that people have to condem something that they don't understand without trying it, but still, we're hoping that a young woman who we brought in 98 can come with us again, we want to treat her as a college graduation present, and she does really love the place, especially the castle which she affectionatly calls her house. But that will be in Nov.

Upvote 0

DWGIRL

We love it and our families just don't understand. WDW is somewhere that all 4 of our kids can be happy and have a great time without us entertaining them 24/7. Even though it is a lot of work for us to take them, we love it just as much and it is a vacation for us too. Our families just like to park themselves on a beach and sit for a week. We just aren't able to do that right now so WDW is relaxing for us in a different way and we love it. I am glad they all do not get it because we are unique for taking our family several times a year. It has become our trademark in the family. We are the Disneyworld family and we love it.

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

Most of my friends and family now just accept this as quirk of our personality, but there sure have been a lot of them asking me for advice as they plan their first trip to WDW.:D

Upvote 0

jacksnightmare

My family understands it, and they even try to join us every couple of trips. My friends dont understand it though. They tell me how I could go other places and that there is much more to see than Mickey out there. Granted there is and with work I travel around the country and see that the only place I want to vacation at is Disney. It seems like once you have taken it in there is nothing that can take you away from reality like walking through Fantasy Land, or seeing SSE. Even going to DisneyLand is not the same. It is so small and the fact that there are houses right across the street really takes away from the whole experience.

Upvote 0
Our March trip will be our 5th over the past 10 months. There's not much else we can do that will entertain our 3 kids. It's either WDW or the beach...and we go to the beach a couple of times a year, too. Since we have PAP's, WDW is a LOT cheaper than our beach trips!!! Until our just-turned 3 yo is a little bit older, we're sticking with WDW and the ocean. After that, we can venture forth to other destinations...if we can even remember what they are.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom