They can't be serious

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here is the rack rate (standard room) for Pop for this year, 2018, in this time frame:

Date ... Season ... Days: Mondays – Wednesdays / Sundays & Thursdays / Fridays & Saturdays​
Aug 12-Aug 25 ... Summer 2 ... $154 / $165 / $194​
Aug 26-Sep 15 ... Value 2 ... $141 / $152 / $170​
Sep 16-Oct 4 ... Fall ... $154 / $165 / $194​
Oct 5-Oct 7 ... Columbus Day ... $201​
Oct 8-Oct 27 ... Fall ... $154 / $165 / $194​
So, the OP's $145 price tag is just a $4 increase from the "Value 2" season (Aug 26 - Sep 15).

I'm booked already at Pop for the first week of October 2019 and my room rates are: $141 / $151 / $177, which is basically 2018's "Value 2" season extended into the first week of October. So, my rack rates compared to the vacation I just took this first week of October 2018 dropped in price since I'm not being charged with "Fall's" prices!

Here's Pop's rack rate for 2018 for the first week of December:

Nov 24-Dec 8 ... Fall 2 ... $140 / $151 / $170​

And here's the price for my first week of December 2019 already booked:

Nov 30 - Dec 6 ... $128 / $136 / $156​

That's base "Value" season prices! And there's a good chance SWL will be open!

Conclusion: Rack rates for Pop, if they have gone up in 2019, have only gone up a few bucks, and in some cases, have gone down in price compared to the same rack rate period of 2018.

Dad 2 M & M

This is off topic, but we are considering the After Hours this December, we normally attend two parties at MK during this time, I love the fireworks and Parade and the all around atmosphere of the parties. We are thinking of doing one party and an After Hours event, is the After Hours that good that you can accomplish all the rides in those three hours? I know you can enter the parks at seven, and actually we could enter anytime as we are AP members. But I would want to focus on the three hours with "low crowds".
I want to be clear I might go overboard here....no matter how I try not too...and I'll try to be brief

The initial After Hours release had hardly anyone attending, and many tics were given to DVC, Resort Guests and Cast Members....those were unreal as the parks were empty.

The 2nd time around the were discounts and noticeably more peeps in the parks, but you could easily ride all the rides in 3 hours.

I'd assume their will be more peeps this time around, and although December 3rd or 10th might be the heaviest of the next phase of After Hours, the park should still be lighter than you've ever experienced. You should be able, with no issue, to ride everything. Only strategy would be when/how to attack the Seven Dwarfs Mine train (we don't care to ride this, but do during the After Hours as the wait is 20 mins or under). I'd suggest one of two options - 1) Go in early and ride it 1st, 2) Get in line (if there is one) just before the event closes

Literally zero wait for the following:
Small World
Buzz
Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Jungle Cruise - Might be Jingle Cruise in December
Carousel

10 mins or less:
All three Mountains
Dumbo
Aladdin

Between 15-25 mins
Peter Pan
Seven Dwarfs

Didn't mean to leave any rides out!!

Last note - Do you want a photo on any EMPTY Main Street? Like really empty/absent of those fellow Magical Guests we all love....go for it!

Dad 2 M & M

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is you can book a resort at the current offered rate now and if they offer discounts later, you can call and apply the discount to your reservation.

The risk is that if your resort has booked near capacity when they release the discounts it may not be included in the discount offering. Then you have to decide if you want to switch your reservation to a resort that does have a discount or stay at the resort you originally chose. I actually booked a preferred room at Pop one year and when the discounts were announced, Pop wasn't available, but the discount at POFQ was slightly cheaper than my original booking, so I upgraded. If a lot of folks had waited, maybe Pop would have been included and I'd have saved more $$$, but I'll never know.
Great point - we book early, stalk online, and tweak often. Sometimes things open up as the date approaches.........

Dad 2 M & M

Here is the rack rate (standard room) for Pop for this year, 2018, in this time frame:

Date ... Season ... Days: Mondays – Wednesdays / Sundays & Thursdays / Fridays & Saturdays​
Aug 12-Aug 25 ... Summer 2 ... $154 / $165 / $194​
Aug 26-Sep 15 ... Value 2 ... $141 / $152 / $170​
Sep 16-Oct 4 ... Fall ... $154 / $165 / $194​
Oct 5-Oct 7 ... Columbus Day ... $201​
Oct 8-Oct 27 ... Fall ... $154 / $165 / $194​
So, the OP's $145 price tag is just a $4 increase from the "Value 2" season (Aug 26 - Sep 15).

I'm booked already at Pop for the first week of October 2019 and my room rates are: $141 / $151 / $177, which is basically 2018's "Value 2" season extended into the first week of October. So, my rack rates compared to the vacation I just took this first week of October 2018 dropped in price since I'm not being charged with "Fall's" prices!

Here's Pop's rack rate for 2018 for the first week of December:

Nov 24-Dec 8 ... Fall 2 ... $140 / $151 / $170​

And here's the price for my first week of December 2019 already booked:

Nov 30 - Dec 6 ... $128 / $136 / $156​

That's base "Value" season prices! And there's a good chance SWL will be open!

Conclusion: Rack rates for Pop, if they have gone up in 2019, have only gone up a few bucks, and in some cases, have gone down in price compared to the same rack rate period of 2018.
Got to love that other "saver" site!

My master of the obvious guess here is the "new" prices haven't been released yet....

You were wise to jump on that!

Amazing this thread started as another example of Disney overpricing.....

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Just from the rumors I've read on these forums I think 2022 is the goal for the third park? It seems the hold up is figuring out what to do with the Nintendo IP they aquired.
They are smart to slow play as there is so much current development...and the bubble already burst on them once, only to follow with the reacquiring of the property the had to sell during said bubble burst. The reacquiring certainly wasn't seamless as the big piece was broken in to many smaller pieces. Some of the smaller pieces don't even touch!!

LUVofDIS

Also, if you book with a Disney travel agent, they will keep an eye on discounts and apply them to your resort.

If they are a Disney travel agent, this will cost you nothing as Disney pays them. The one that comes to mind is Be Our Guest Vacations, they will also handle any ADR's and fast passes for you.

daisyduckie

$145 a night for Pop in mid Sept 2019?! $130 for All-Stars. The balls they have to charge that absurd amount..especially when Cabana Bay (a nicer version of Pop) at Universal is $112/night for the same week. They really are pushing folks out with prices like that.

Not really. Do those people want a Disney vacation or a Universal vacation? They are different things and I don't think cost pushes a family from one to the other. I pay more than $130 for 2 star motels in some of the tourist towns I like to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom