Pre-Trip There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays - A Pre-Trip Report

Hello Humans! And if you're reading this on the day I'm posting it, Happy Halloween! If you're reading it November 1st or later, Happy Holidays! While I don't normally decorate our house for the holidays until the weekend before Thanksgiving, I absolutely start listening to Christmas music on November 1st...and I may be listening to it now as I type this...you know, to get me in the right mindset for this report. 😂

Before we get down to the details, I'll share some family/Lincoln updates first. Since our last trip, we've had a busy summer and fall, with lots of outdoor time for Lincoln (his favorite place to be is "oushide").

573C717E-5AE2-48F9-908D-88AF5B0CE4B5.jpeg

D0F50164-21E2-44F0-AA5F-9D0592D051AC.jpeg

E30187AC-B9FD-48C0-B28F-DFFF5D9642A2.jpeg

E6398A4F-BB6C-443D-8C86-5CA15E165EA6.jpeg

D9D92D34-72A7-4552-BE05-02B2216A0DD8.jpeg

Lincoln has started walking, and now running. He loves the independence, but it makes me a little nervous in a crowded place, so I'm looking into purchasing a toddler leash. I'd rather have a leashed kid than a lost kid. My mom and I took him to the Tennessee Aquarium a few weeks ago, and since it wasn't terribly crowded, I let him get out of the stroller and walk a bit. He also figured out that he can "push" the stroller, and that's all he wanted to do the rest of the time we were there. I can't wait to see how that plays out at WDW. 😬

C3121F2C-E316-41E5-AC40-2FFD2AD45337.jpeg

He also got a baby cousin at the end of August - my younger brother and his wife are new parents to a little girl. I'm not going to show pictures of other people's kids on here, but trust me when I say she's a doll. He got his first haircut earlier this month - I had hoped to hold out until this trip so he could get his first haircut at Harmony Barber shop in MK, but it was getting a little long.

0C47EC7F-F1AD-40DD-BACE-C8AD6B95A00F.jpeg

He and I were in an accident a few weeks ago. We hit a deer (or more accurately, a deer hit us) - the deer was seemingly fine, Lincoln and I were both fine, but my car was not. Thankfully, I should be getting it back from the shop today or tomorrow.

007349A1-348F-4CD7-99FA-895FAA022EED.jpeg

And a couple weeks ago, Lincoln tested positive for RSV. Thankfully, it was not severe enough to warrant hospitalization, but it's been rough for the little guy.

4B9A2874-049F-4C56-A0B9-4DB86746A6AA.jpeg

Thankfully, things seem to be looking up. Lincoln is feeling much better, we'll have my car back this week, and we have a Disney trip to look forward to in just a few weeks!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Let's talk plans!

Sunday, November 27th - Travel Day
We plan to handle Disney Trip Eve the same way we did on the May trip - make sure all suitcases, stroller, pack n play, etc etc are in the car before we go to bed that night, and just have a go-bag by the stairs for packing last-minute items that morning (toiletries, Lincoln's sleep sack and pacis, etc). Last trip, we had my mom's rental car as well, so she was able to take some of Lincoln's bulkier items. We'll have to be more strategic with packing my car this time around.

Then, the morning of the 27th, Jason and I will get ourselves ready and pack up our last-minute items before waking Lincoln up. While I'm getting Lincoln changed, Jason will load up the go-bag, we'll load Lincoln into his car seat and pray to the Baby Sleep Gods that he'll fall back asleep in the car, and we'll be off, hopefully not too long after 5:00 am. We usually stop for breakfast at Chick-Fil-A on our way down, but since it's a Sunday, who knows where we'll end up. If all goes well, we should be pulling into the bubble around 1pm-ish. I'm hoping our room will be ready for us when we get there, but I'm not betting on it. We booked a Preferred Room, and I've requested the Toy Story section, so hopefully that request will be granted! We plan to have Lincoln re-watch the Toy Story movies, and watch 101 Dalmatians before the trip, so hopefully he'll recognize some of the characters at the resort.

9734FA45-3021-4D9D-9B4A-D27126689B59.jpeg

After we arrive at the hotel, if our room is ready, we'll unpack and settle in. If not, we'll head out for our half-day of resort hopping! Pre-Lincoln, Jason and I used to enjoy spending the first day of our holiday trips hopping around the Deluxe resorts to see the holiday decorations. We didn't do this with Lincoln last year, but we plan to take him to as many as we can this year. Our main goals are the monorail resorts and the Epcot area resorts. He's much more aware of and interested in his surroundings than he was last year, so I think he'll really get a kick out of the giant Christmas trees!

188D4A95-C307-442F-AB32-24975BE23C32.jpeg

We plan to use Disney transportation for our resort-hopping day. We'll take a bus from Movies to HS, take the Skyliner over to the International Gateway, and walk over to the Beach Club from there. We'll hit Beach Club and Yacht Club, and then walk over to Boardwalk. Once we're done at Boardwalk, we'll take the bus to MK, and then board the resort monorail to hit up those resorts. Lincoln is very into transportation these days, so I think he'll enjoy the different modes of transportation on our resort-hopping day. We don't have any dinner reservations this night, because we don't want to be tied down to a specific resort at a specific time, so we'll just do a QS dinner this night.

505D3B6E-E0B1-4F0D-8592-EC474ACBB2B8.jpeg

After our dinner, we'll monorail back to MK and catch a bus to Movies. We'll try to head back to the resort as close to 6:30-7:00 as possible, so that we can get L bathed and put down to bed at a decent time, because we'll have an early morning the next day!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Monday, November 28th - Animal Kingdom Day

The park opens at 7:30 for resort guests this day, so we'll be up and at 'em earlier than usual. I am crossing all my fingers and toes that Lincoln sleeps better this trip than he has the last two trips. He has a hard time adjusting to a different sleeping environment - he's always up extra early when he stays over with the grandparents too. Regardless of how he sleeps, I'm hoping to be out of the hotel room by 6:45 so we can make it to early opening. We'll be driving to the parks again this trip (it's just easier with a stroller).

CFCCE13F-8234-4ED6-94C9-F52ADB9B56F0.jpeg

I don't know if J and I will try to do FoP this trip - we've purchased ILLs and used rider swap to ride it the past two trips, and it's one of my favorite rides, but it's such a time suck when you have to wait for two people to go through separately. We definitely want to get Lincoln back on Na'Vi River Journey and Kilimanjaro Safaris, since he enjoyed them so much last time. We also want to take him through the Gorilla Falls trail, since we haven't done that one with him yet. We may also try to take him on Dinosaur Dumbo Triceratop Spin, since that one will be going away soon. Lunch will, of course, be at our beloved Satu'li Canteen, and we'll probably be out of the park not long after lunchtime.

12ACB8A5-61F8-4E7F-B115-410B8C223728.jpeg

Since we're skipping Disney Springs on our check-in day, we plan to spend some time there on our Animal Kingdom day. L loves seeing the Christmas trees at Costco (😂) so I think he'd get a kick out of the Christmas Tree Stroll at DS, and we may try to take him to see Santa at Once Upon a Toy. I'm sure we'll also end up spending way too much money at World of Disney, and getting some cookies and cold brews from Gideon's. For dinner, we have a reservation at Homecomin'! :hungry: This will be our third time dining there - it has quickly become one of our favorites!

78E1D2C9-20A3-4679-8C3F-FB76855ABA4F.jpeg

After DS, it will be back to the hotel for bath and bedtime for little man. We'll have another early morning the next day!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Let's talk plans!

Sunday, November 27th - Travel Day
We plan to handle Disney Trip Eve the same way we did on the May trip - make sure all suitcases, stroller, pack n play, etc etc are in the car before we go to bed that night, and just have a go-bag by the stairs for packing last-minute items that morning (toiletries, Lincoln's sleep sack and pacis, etc). Last trip, we had my mom's rental car as well, so she was able to take some of Lincoln's bulkier items. We'll have to be more strategic with packing my car this time around.

Then, the morning of the 27th, Jason and I will get ourselves ready and pack up our last-minute items before waking Lincoln up. While I'm getting Lincoln changed, Jason will load up the go-bag, we'll load Lincoln into his car seat and pray to the Baby Sleep Gods that he'll fall back asleep in the car, and we'll be off, hopefully not too long after 5:00 am. We usually stop for breakfast at Chick-Fil-A on our way down, but since it's a Sunday, who knows where we'll end up. If all goes well, we should be pulling into the bubble around 1pm-ish. I'm hoping our room will be ready for us when we get there, but I'm not betting on it. We booked a Preferred Room, and I've requested the Toy Story section, so hopefully that request will be granted! We plan to have Lincoln re-watch the Toy Story movies, and watch 101 Dalmatians before the trip, so hopefully he'll recognize some of the characters at the resort.

View attachment 676282

After we arrive at the hotel, if our room is ready, we'll unpack and settle in. If not, we'll head out for our half-day of resort hopping! Pre-Lincoln, Jason and I used to enjoy spending the first day of our holiday trips hopping around the Deluxe resorts to see the holiday decorations. We didn't do this with Lincoln last year, but we plan to take him to as many as we can this year. Our main goals are the monorail resorts and the Epcot area resorts. He's much more aware of and interested in his surroundings than he was last year, so I think he'll really get a kick out of the giant Christmas trees!

View attachment 676284

We plan to use Disney transportation for our resort-hopping day. We'll take a bus from Movies to HS, take the Skyliner over to the International Gateway, and walk over to the Beach Club from there. We'll hit Beach Club and Yacht Club, and then walk over to Boardwalk. Once we're done at Boardwalk, we'll take the bus to MK, and then board the resort monorail to hit up those resorts. Lincoln is very into transportation these days, so I think he'll enjoy the different modes of transportation on our resort-hopping day. We don't have any dinner reservations this night, because we don't want to be tied down to a specific resort at a specific time, so we'll just do a QS dinner this night.

View attachment 676286

After our dinner, we'll monorail back to MK and catch a bus to Movies. We'll try to head back to the resort as close to 6:30-7:00 as possible, so that we can get L bathed and put down to bed at a decent time, because we'll have an early morning the next day!

IIRC, POP and AoA had a cool trees too. Just something to keep in mind if you’re already Skyliner-ing.

k8einwdw

Original Poster
All caught up! Looking forward to reading all about it :)
Thanks for being here!
IIRC, POP and AoA had a cool trees too. Just something to keep in mind if you’re already Skyliner-ing.
AoA has by FAR the best tree out of all of the Value resorts! We've talked about taking L over there one day to see the Cars section - he's a big Mater fan.

2C2E38F2-7D43-44EB-A7FD-A15626E4E10E.jpeg

3513E90B-4C28-4503-9DB4-873D0401D847.jpeg

5EE649E1-1012-4279-98A6-9E81D8270B6A.jpeg

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Tuesday, November 29th - Magic Kingdom Day

This will be another early morning for us, with a 7:30 am park opening for resort guests. Since we'll be parking at the TTC, we'll plan to leave a little earlier this morning probably 6:30, which means we need to be up by 5:30. 🙃 Those extra 30 minutes in the morning do pay off, although I'm sure we all wish it was a full hour like it used to be. I booked our MK park pass for this day before they released the MVMCP schedule, and it turns out this is a party night, so the park closes for regular guests at 6:00. We have to leave the parks relatively early anyway, to get L down to bed at a decent time, so we decided to keep our MK day where it was. I've heard that MK is generally less crowded earlier in the day on party days, so I'm hoping that works out in our favor. 🤞

18E64981-FAA0-454E-B127-8F3C5BF8BDBF.jpeg

We plan to prioritize the rides L hasn't done in MK - Peter Pan's Flight (we'll likely hit that one first), Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Cruise, the carousel, and the teacups. Crossing my fingers and toes that I can get a LL for Jungle Cruise, since it's especially popular during the holidays. We'll of course hit up his favorites, Dumbo and Small World, as well. I'm also wishing upon all of the stars that they re-open the railroad/MPB by our trip, since they've recently started testing. Jason says I shouldn't get my hopes up. 😭 How long has it been closed, 4 years? 5 years? This is probably the only day that we'll be in the parks the entirety of regular park hours, so I'm hoping we can get a lot accomplished. We'll plan to eat lunch in the park, and maybe dinner too if we're ready for dinner before 6:00.

E729E0C1-50C5-41CE-9E82-2048A0B511CD.jpeg

Up next - Do I even try for a ROTR LL this time?

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Wednesday, November 30th - Hollywood Studios Day

Ah, my least favorite park. HS has always been my least favorite park on the East Coast - too many E-ticket attractions, not enough "filler" attractions - but it's especially rough with a baby/toddler, because all but two rides have height limits. But alas, we keep going. I will say, HS probably has my favorite holiday decorations out of all of the parks, so at least they have that going for them. HS opens at 8:00 for resort guests, so we'll try to be out of the room as close to 7:00 as possible this morning - I guess as soon as I've secured our first Lightning Lane(s)

F8DC494C-B13D-45AF-9C43-3A752A72B046.jpeg

If you're new here, or new to my reports, I have the absolute worst luck with Rise of the Resistance. ROTR opened in December 2019 in WDW. Since then, I have been to WDW four times - 1) in September 2020 - couldn't get a boarding group, 2) December 2020 - pregnant and not supposed to ride, 3) December 2021 - got a Lightning Lane, the ride broke down, 4) June 2022 - got a Lightning Lane, the ride broke down. ROTR - 4, Katie - 0. Jason has been able to ride once, on the trip when I was pregnant. So, the question stands - will we try for a ROTR lightning lane? The answer is...maybe? I'll try at 7:00, and if it's not a relatively early time, I won't bother.

Aside from ROTR, I'll either try for a Lightning Lane, or we'll rope drop Runaway Railway. Lincoln is also now tall enough to ride Alien Swirling Saucers, so we'll try for that one as well. J and I haven't ridden Tower of Terror since the last trip before I got pregnant, so I'm hoping we can use rider swap on that one at some point, or maybe get a Lightning Lane.

17975884-CAC4-4E37-ABAE-2DB0881CA9C5.jpeg

We also have a lunch reservation at Hollywood & Vine on this day - possibly the biggest reason we're actually doing HS on this trip. For lunch and dinner, they do Minnie's Seasonal Dine, where some of the Fab Five are dressed for the season, which means they'll be dressed in their holiday best during our trip! We'll probably try for a couple character meets prior to our HS day, just so that we can make sure Lincoln enjoys characters and we're not about to drop a bunch of money on a character meal he'll hate.

After lunch, I imagine we'll head out of HS for the day, unless we have an early afternoon LL for ROTR. After we leave HS, we'd like to take the Skyliner over to AoA so that Lincoln can see the Cars section, and I'm sure he'd enjoy the other sections as well. After that, who knows what we'll get up to for the rest of the day. Maybe we'll go back to Disney Springs, or maybe we'll go check out some other resorts.

Up next: Epcot Day plans

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Thursday, December 1st - Epcot Day

We've arrived to our final park day of the trip. Epcot opens at 8:30 for resort guests this day, so we'll plan to be up and out of the room by 7:45ish. We hope to score another LL for Cosmic Rewind, so J and I can experience it with the holiday remix. I'd also like to take L on Figment and Frozen, since those are the two rides in Epcot he hasn't done yet (that he's tall enough for). Otherwise, it'll be a go-with-the-flow day for us. That's why I tend to save Epcot for last - once you get through Future World (or whatever we're calling it these days), you can just eat, drink, stroll, and enjoy the vibes for the rest of your day.

429ADB13-4925-4C98-8728-8C4F5ACDB6EB.jpeg

We're excited for Festival of the Holidays - we didn't spend much time enjoying the festival last year, so we're hoping to get more out of it this year. I'd love for L to see some of the holiday storytellers (La Befana and Father Christmas are our favorites 🥰 ) and we definitely plan to enjoy more of the festival foods this year. We also have a dinner reservation at Via Napoli - we ate there for the first time in a few years on our last trip, and loved it so much, we wanted to go back already! I just checked the menu and see that they've added the Arancini back to the menu, so I am a happy camper.

096AE3E7-E6BA-4713-8FDA-6E49DA98A96C.jpeg

We haven't seen the evening projections on Spaceship Earth yet, and since this will be our last trip during the 50th Anniversary celebration, we plan to stay late enough to see them (although I hope they stick around after the anniversary). Not too late though, because we'll have to pack up that night to leave the next morning. 😭

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Friday, December 2nd - Checkout Day

No big plans for this day, other than a breakfast reservation at Grand Floridian Cafe. We had breakfast there on our check-out day on our trip two years ago when I was pregnant with L, and J still talks about the chicken and waffles.

0C27FF03-5710-40F2-9684-DA86A49B6DDC.jpeg

We'll pack up the car beforehand, and then after breakfast, we'll be headed home.

We're just over two weeks away from the trip, and I hope to update a couple more times before then!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
My two cents, not that anyone asked - I'm not a Bob Paycheck fan by any means. When I think of corporate greed, he's one of the first people to come to mind. I mean, buying yourself a new multi-million dollar mansion while thousands of furloughed CMs were still waiting to be called back to work? Not a good look. BUT. I think that Josh D'Amaro, not Bobby C, is to blame for many of the changes that people are unhappy with when it comes to the parks. People like D'Amaro because he's handsome and personable, but at the end of the day, he's the one calling the shots when it comes to the parks. The optimist in me hopes that maybe there will be positive changes to the parks with Iger back in charge, but I don't foresee Genie+ and park reservations going anywhere. 🤷‍♀️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom